Arsenal Guide 10.1v

Gatid

Reaction score
Ok been asked to do a Guide for my beloved Arsenal fc, This is the not greatest guide but it should give you a few ideas on how to set out and which players are up to standard and the ones that are not.

Expectations:-
Continental European Champions Cup - 25m Starting budget
Title Challenge - 29.5m Starting budget
Winner - 32m

Top Five Key Players:-
Francesc Fabregas
Robin Van Persie
Andrey Arshavin
Thomas Rosicky
Ales Song

Squad Analysis 442 Style:-

Keepers:-
Manuel Almunia
Lukasz Fabianski
Vito Mannone

Manuel Almunia is first choice and shouldnt be replaced as he offers experience and becomes a very good tutor for the likes of Sean McDermott. Lukasz Fabianski is injured for the first three months so that would make Vito Mannone second choice and should be played in games in league cups, fa cups and against small opposition in champions league a very good prospect for the future when almunia retires

Left Backs:-
Gael Clichy
Kieran Gibbs
Armand Traore

Gael Clichy is first choice and should be considered one of the best left backs in the game hes very consistant and very reliable when it comes to being offensive and defence. A backup signing would be a good move as the likes gibbs and traore are not up to standard. Take note that you shouldnt play over the odds for a backup you must understand that the player will not be first team and his stats will decrease and suddenly lose his value and then you lose big amounts of money. Clichy hardly ever get injured anyway when he is tho he only out for like 2-3 weeks or so.

Right Back:-
Bakary Sagna
Emmanuel Eboue

Attributes wise Eboue and sagna are not far seperated but having said that Sagna performs at a much higher standard and way more consistant to eboue and should be considered the first choice. However eboue can be trained at Midfield right when Injuries are kicking in eboue is still a good backup player should not be sold.

Center Backs:-
William Gallas
Thomas Vermaelen
Philippe Senderos
Mikael Silvestre
John Djourou

Ok a fairly good pair of lads, William is superior here and should be played almost everytime as hes a good in the air, good marking, good tackler the perfect center back. Second choice is touch and go it really depends on the opponents your going to play eg against bolton - stick Senderos on the pitch instead of thomas vermaelen as hes taller and way more dominant in the air and could mark the players like kevin davies. Johan Djourou is a brilliant prospect when he recovers from the injury make sure you rest hin in reserves and dont rush in back into the team he will slowly get back to his best and perform like a monster.

Center Midfielder:-
Francesc Fabregas
Abou Diaby
Denilson
Samir Nasri
Thomas Rosicky
Alex Song
Aaron Ramsey

Arsenal truly cant be beat in this positon, No brainer first choice is Fabregas(Box to box midfielder) who should be the 'playmaker' as he provides the passing, stamina, vision, technical genius in the middle of the park he is arsenal's best player. To able to get the best out of fabregas you would need to have a holding midfielder next to him and that would be Alex song hes the opposite he does the dirty work and should do all the tackling. Nasri is injured start of the season but becomes a class player he can cover the likes of fabregas and left winger department when needed. Rosicky can do aswell but its a last resort as he more usefull as a winger.

Left Midfield/Left Winger:-
Thomas Rosicky
Samir Nasri
Carlos Vela
Kieran Gibbs
Armand Traore

Rosicky should be first choice here his stats doesnt look very good but his performances for me are amazing gets lots of goals from him cutting inside the odd time and scores a heck of alot of freekicks aswell for some reason. Samir Nasri should cover this position easily he isnt a natural left winger but does a very good job ther cover for injured players.

Right Midfield/Right Wingers:-
Andrey Arshavin
Theo Walcott
Robin Van Persie
Emmanuel Eboue(trained)

As i listed above Andrey Arshavin is a very important key player and should play almost every single game alive ive currently trained him to be a natural right winger on my game and hes basically a older version of Lionel Messi but very much better on either foot. Theo Walcott does a fantastic job for me in league cup, fa cup games and sometimes premiership games when i play teams who have a stand out full back who is on the slow side those are the games to use walcott he will not let you down. RVP is a last resort when injuries hit the big players scores some beauties from cutting inside from the right tho.

Strikers:-
Eduardo
Van Persie
Carlos Vela
Nicklas Bendtner

Not a great as last years without the great adeabyor but nevermind, Tip - If RVP(complete Foward) struggling to score goals for you on your game try telling to stop blasting the ball at goal becuase if you look carefull in matches he tends to sky the ball into the orbit on every goal scoring oppotunity or one on one situation. He should then be a truly goddess hes a key player for arsenal if you know how to neutralize him. eduardo Should be the 'Poacher' the attributes hes got hes a deadly player given the right partner next to him he will shine all season long. Vela pretty useless i find it disgraceful thats he not as good as last years but nevermind him and bendtner are a good strikeforce in league cups, fa cup when eduardo and rvp are rested.

Players to sell/send out on loan:-
Jack Wilshere - Loan
Armand Traore - Loan
Denilson - Sell if you already got replacements man city always come in with a good offer anyway.
Mark Randall - Loan
Abou Diaby - my personal opinion is he is a very versitile player but the current formation i play which is 442 a attacking midfielder just doesnt fit into my team

Possible Signings:-

Angel Di Maria - i would recommend to buy as thomas rosicky is injured start of the season and to get him around 4m is a bargain and you cant go wrong at all
Vicente - Loan he might cost you a few initial fees but hes does a decent job he might only play the first three games then when rosicky is back he should drop onto the bench
Blaise Matuidi - Alex Song should be first team but the likes of denilson havent got the attributes to play in the holding midfielder role and a cheap fairly good cover should do the trick.
Arda Turan - He was recommended by a in real life friend and i must say he is a worthwile signing and only cost 7.5m and does push arshavin alot a very very good player indeed.
Kacar - He was just recommended by Belz more information coming.

Tactics:-
Erm..wow not a very good tactician im afraid the best i found is 442, 433, 4222 my personal favourite is 442 as its the most simple and its very balanced and offers good defensive and offensive stability it leaves the creative players to do the miracles and the dirty players to do the tackling, headers and etc. A very basic foramation but can be turned into a quadruple winning team.

Any questions feel free to ask i dont mind thats what i'm here for, You can also complain about how **** i am at making Guides:D haha. Sorry for the big mistakes made earlier maybe in future a fellow member can take my place to do the honours and create a Arsenal guide.

I should be given infractions for creating threads thats wasnt even finished! :|

Last edited:
Excellent guide Gatid. Cheers. :D

need team instructions please

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting - Strategy

Playing Style
Passing Style - Shorter
Creative Freedom - Default
Closing Down - Press More
Tackling - Default
Marking - Zonal
Crossing - Default
Roaming Default

Take note that default just means that you may need to change the specific player's player instructions to how you like it.

Specific Instructions:-
[ ] Defensive Line - 2 clicks to the left
[ ] Width - 3 clicks to the left
[ ] Tempo - 6 clicks to the left
[ ] Time Wasting - 8 clicks to the left
[ ] Focus Passing - Mixed
[ ] Counter Attack - Yes
[ ] Play Offside - no

Sorry Arsenaljames22 i dont have a clue how to upload a tactic :|

nice, nice, nice, very good guide mate, thumbs up!

kieran gibbs is a fantastic first teamer has an average rating on 7.15 for me on the left wing after 15 premiership games .

btw gatid, for the possible signings i would advice buying kacar for the dirty job in the midfield, as song isnt really much more than a rock imo

btw gatid, for the possible signings i would advice buying kacar for the dirty job in the midfield, as song isnt really much more than a rock imo

Thanks, havent got football manager loaded up atm as im getting ready to go bed lol:)

ill add him to the list mate.

Tommorow ill check him out and see how it goes then ill give some feedback to you.

Last edited:
it is indeed a great guide for those who havent much knowledge of arsenal, im still unbeaten with arsenal on the 28th december.

the only game i lost was to west ham, carling cup, i played an utter youth side they played a full team and i lost 3-2.

yeah i just loaned frimpong and emmanuel thomas from them, they have a great youth system

I wouldn't write off Vela completely. I didn't think much of him too but when I played him in a cup game in November he scored a hattrick and after that I played him in almost every match in December and he scored two goals in every game he played. Got voted player of the month aswell.

I'll do one later, not trying to compete gatid, just showing people my opinion :)

CorvetteC3 - I do agree hes plays fantastic when i do play him but i ment potential wise and how much he does improve in the future hes a little downgrade from last years.

Frankie - More the better mate cant wait to see the guide, currently working my crystal palace save atm will be posting my progress after the season.

Gatid Good Guide Mate Cheers!!. Although I'm confused about the 'specific instructions' . you say clicks to the left do you mean right? if you do mean left then the width would be below normal, tempo would be slow. is this right or do you mean left?. i have bought de rossi to replace song in middle of park. also what is the starting strategy - you haven't put it up. thanks again for you're post, helped alot dude!!.. one quick thing, JP Woddy tactics on 4-2-3-1 puts fabregas in AMC - can he be trained there atall?.

Gatid Good Guide Mate Cheers!!. Although I'm confused about the 'specific instructions' . you say clicks to the left do you mean right? if you do mean left then the width would be below normal, tempo would be slow. is this right or do you mean left?. i have bought de rossi to replace song in middle of park. also what is the starting strategy - you haven't put it up. thanks again for you're post, helped alot dude!!.. one quick thing, JP Woddy tactics on 4-2-3-1 puts fabregas in AMC - can he be trained there atall?.

Three clicks to the left means left its normal width another click to the left then its narrow. Last years version ive found that playing a slow tempo game with arsenal reduces the amount of chances missed and increases alot more successful passing put together by teammates so basically i play attacking slow tempo football to keep hold of possesion use the intelligant of fabregas to pick a ball to slot through a striker in on goal. Works a treat for me.

Sorry if you dont understand much currently learning on how to upload a tactic atm and just perfecting a tactic for a current Arsenal save.

Just remembered are you the person who privated messaged me a few times on last years fm on advice for leeds?

Not sure whether training Fabregas to AMC will be a good ideal it, i dont normally use a formation that requires a AMC so i wouldnt recommend it. But thats up to you mate it your game.

yeah it's me dude lol. you have no doubt helped alot of people on here. i have a redefined look on you're instructions now .. i will use these to see how they get on. Yeah i thought the same, but recently with the new arsenal formation , they are using fab as an AMC.. i don't think I'll be putting this into action. thanks again for you're help. nice work!!. x