Arsenal Guide 10.1v

**** I can't win anything with these kids. lol
I just bought my favourite holding midfielder de rossi the destroyer.(settings are ballwinner support)
So i'm playing a 4-2-2-2 , my team tend to have alot of long shots (1/2 of them thanks to my destroyer)
and rather few clear cut chances.
How should i remedy this problem? I've reduced de rossi's long shots to 'sometimes' , but he's still rather trigger happy.

btw anyone notice the lack of a certain argentinian namely Laurito in the game? is he not real? he was
truly a goal machine for me in fm09

btw anyone notice the lack of a certain argentinian namely Laurito in the game? is he not real? he was
truly a goal machine for me in fm09

Do you mean Federico Laurito? I have a custom player database where i selected to have all European players and South American nationality players. It runs a tad slower, but you get a border range of players, well nearly every player is there.
Back to Lauirto he is on Loan to a club called Huracan in Argentina

Ooh, maybe that's why I don't see him. I couldn't find him when I managed an epl team, then I tried again when I was managing a certain imbalanced spanish team.
So is he still as good? +16 pace/acceleration/finishing/heading
He was really my complete striker back then .

Ooh, maybe that's why I don't see him. I couldn't find him when I managed an epl team, then I tried again when I was managing a certain imbalanced spanish team.
So is he still as good? +16 pace/acceleration/finishing/heading
He was really my complete striker back then .

nah his stats are ****, and my asst manager Pat Rice reckons he is some way off having the potential to be better than RVP. his best attribute is determination at 15

Nice work Leeum!

Premiership, CL, fa cup i guess?:)

yep, to be fair i did play marseille in the final of the champs, but i did beat barcelona and bayern in the knockouts, =] i play a 4-2-4 and bought only one player "hugo lloris"

starting lineup (majority of games)

Lloris
Clichy
Vermaelen
Gallas
Sagna
Gibbs/Rosicky
Fabregas
Song/Nasri
Arshavin/Walcott
Van Persie
Eduardo/Bendtner/Vela.

Oh how the mighty has fallen. Shall stick to RVP then hehe.

yeah Gatid I've done what you said 'choice 4' works a treat. GK -Fab is bk from injury now so I'll bare the faster keeper instruction in mind thanks =D. What player instruction do you put for fabregas, i mean he is performing good for me but i think he good maybe do that extra more, maybe im just too demanding lol. but I'm guessing you now how to get the best out of him. so I'm just wondering, I've got his instructions, as follows; MENTALITY- attacking CREATIVE FREEDOM- much (2 clicks below full) PASSING- mixed FORWARD RUNS - sometimes RUNS WITH BALL - sometimes THROUGH BALLS - often LONG SHOTS - rarely CROSS BALL - sometimes. ROAM FROM POSITIONS - yes.. !!! ...

CORNERS- i have no luck with corners on this game atall, it's bugging me, i score none from this set piece. wondering if you have had such luck??. thanks again Gatid!. =D

hey i newcomer :) i'm from indonesia
......................alumniaa
(r-L)sagna-galas-sanderos-clichy
.......................song
.............fabregeas.......rocisky...........
RVP...........................................arshavin
..........................eduardo?

it's GOOD ?

Yeah ArsenalLover that looks pretty good :) Maybe a new centre back to partner Gallas though as Senderos can be error prone sometimes :) This is great work Gatid.

hey i newcomer :) i'm from indonesia
......................alumniaa
(r-L)sagna-galas-sanderos-clichy
.......................song
.............fabregeas.......rocisky...........
RVP...........................................arshavin
..........................eduardo?

it's GOOD ?

i agree with Kinger about the CD maybe look at Jorge Andrade as he is better than Sanderos and is a free transfer.
I would play RVP upfront and have walcot and arshavin behind him. i feel eduardo is better suited to either partner RVP or you could even slot Eduardo in behind him.
In the middle you may want to consider spending 10m (pounds) on Miguel Veloso (thats what i got him for Sporting want more, but keep negotiating and they give in). Song is handy, but when you compare him with Veloso i know who i want to be starting regularly. And you may need a new MC to partner Fab.
But thats your Arsenal save not mine, so its more or less up to you. Still the squad does look alright

yeah Gatid I've done what you said 'choice 4' works a treat. GK -Fab is bk from injury now so I'll bare the faster keeper instruction in mind thanks =D. What player instruction do you put for fabregas, i mean he is performing good for me but i think he good maybe do that extra more, maybe im just too demanding lol. but I'm guessing you now how to get the best out of him. so I'm just wondering, I've got his instructions, as follows; MENTALITY- attacking CREATIVE FREEDOM- much (2 clicks below full) PASSING- mixed FORWARD RUNS - sometimes RUNS WITH BALL - sometimes THROUGH BALLS - often LONG SHOTS - rarely CROSS BALL - sometimes. ROAM FROM POSITIONS - yes.. !!! ...

CORNERS- i have no luck with corners on this game atall, it's bugging me, i score none from this set piece. wondering if you have had such luck??. thanks again Gatid!. =D

Sorry for the late post mate, Didnt notice that you posted everything seems fine with your player instructions for Fabregas try reduce his creative freedom abit tho seems abit to much for my liking 5 clicks to the right should do perfect half bar. Make sure you play Fabregas as a BTB midfielder as its really important it will involve fabregas basically in everything defensive and offensive. Fabregas does tend to get more goals for me than assists as most of the time he gets on the end of team moves to score from my two wingers cutting the ball back to him leaving him to place a shot on goal or through ball it for either rvp or eduardo.

Again sorry for the late reply next time private message for help just incase i miss it again.

Last edited:
i agree with Kinger about the CD maybe look at Jorge Andrade as he is better than Sanderos and is a free transfer.
I would play RVP upfront and have walcot and arshavin behind him. i feel eduardo is better suited to either partner RVP or you could even slot Eduardo in behind him.
In the middle you may want to consider spending 10m (pounds) on Miguel Veloso (thats what i got him for Sporting want more, but keep negotiating and they give in). Song is handy, but when you compare him with Veloso i know who i want to be starting regularly. And you may need a new MC to partner Fab.
But thats your Arsenal save not mine, so its more or less up to you. Still the squad does look alright

how a bout vermaelen ?

i very2 disapointed with alumniaa make make mistake >.< who can be a goalkeeper ?

Last edited:
Be Careful of teams who are not strong. Like teams in Minor Leagues. Because of lack of motivation. Hard tackle and players who can provoke another players. and teams who goes threw center with few very good players from second plan (mc, amc). I made very good tactic against arsenal in every year. I supply ST onto head on very low tempo.

http://www.mypicx.com/11192009/fm/

Partizaneeee Where Ever You Play You Are not Aloneee

I played as Arsenal until xmas but got bored. Was 8 points clear in the league and was averaging over 3 goals a game. Sold Diaby and Senderos, bought Aguero and he had scored 25 league goals by january and Van Persie had scored 18 league goals! Beat Man City and Liverpool 4-3, Chelsea 4-1 (away), Burnley 6-0 (Aguero 5 goals), Fulham 4-1 and Man Utd 3-2.
Conceded lots though. Drew 4-4 with West Ham when I was 4-1 up with 15min to go.

Great guide, i've got my Arsenal team playing good football using that 4-4-2 idea, far better than my attempt at 4-3-3. One signing who's been great for me is Moussa Sissoko, he plays really well as the ball winning midfielder despite his poor stats at the start, and as hes so young he can only get better.
Di María is a brilliant buy for arsenal as well, great recommendation.

The best formation for Arsenal is curent Barcelona formation
----TM---- -any real TM with good first touch will do
Arsh--RVP
song--cesc-denil
clichy-galas-sanderos-sagna

short passing \ wide play\ high creativity

how a bout vermaelen ?

i very2 disapointed with alumniaa make make mistake >.< who can be a goalkeeper ?

vermaelen is handy, but i have noticed Andrade for me has been a consistant contributer. Averages 7.5 a game, and has rarely been carded. Vermaelen, got sent to the bench for me as his morale was dropping, it was Superb then it went down to Good and his average rating was only 6.2
You want a solid partner next to Gallas (he is class, if you get 7m for him sell him, if you cant dont sell him)
Diego Benaglio or even Robert Enke would be a good choice at GK mainly coz they should be cheaper than say Lloris, Akinfeev, etc.

iv tried every tactic out their an im still doing terrible with the gunners and its killing me... whats the story wit vermaelen he is not great at all can anyone give me a tactic that just keeps the team playing at a decent standard??

iv tried every tactic out their an im still doing terrible with the gunners and its killing me... whats the story wit vermaelen he is not great at all can anyone give me a tactic that just keeps the team playing at a decent standard??

Since your struggling so bad try keep things simple like a standard 442 formation:-

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
Arshavin Kacar Fabregas Rosicky
persie eduardo

Philosophy - Fluid/or maybe balanced if your struggling
Starting Strategy - Standard

Then just play the same sort of style Arsenal do in real life like short passing, fast tempo, closing down much and the normal stuff.

Just read through the thread mate there are loads of points ive made about instructions for the key players for fabregas, arshavin, rvp and etc.

Also try take a little breaks from fm every now and again stops you getting frustrated and may end up braking the game or something lol.

sorry if i havent been much help just busy atm doing a cp thread.

Last edited: