Arsenal Guide 10.1v

yeah it's me dude lol. you have no doubt helped alot of people on here. i have a redefined look on you're instructions now .. i will use these to see how they get on. Yeah i thought the same, but recently with the new arsenal formation , they are using fab as an AMC.. i don't think I'll be putting this into action. thanks again for you're help. nice work!!. x

Havent seen you around for a long time welcome back mate, Quite frustrating to be honest this tactic/formation of mine is a struggle to perfect require alot of time and games will be a couple of days until i will be able to upload it but in no rush at all.

Thanks mate need any help just ask.

Lol. i can only imagine, by the way I've been using ur tactic, it's working a treat mate. i only lost one game to Athletico Madrid in the Champions play off's 3-1. then hammered them at home 4-0. Bendtner of all people scored a hat-rick =D. Yeah been a while since i was on last, but since 2010 is out I'll be visiting more often hehe.

thanks for your help again mate:D

Lol. i can only imagine, by the way I've been using ur tactic, it's working a treat mate. i only lost one game to Athletico Madrid in the Champions play off's 3-1. then hammered them at home 4-0. Bendtner of all people scored a hat-rick =D. Yeah been a while since i was on last, but since 2010 is out I'll be visiting more often hehe.

thanks for your help again mate:D

Yh i tend to struggle against teams like that always in champions league aswell thats why i trying to perfect this specific tactic.

no problem.

Hey, should I set Arshavin and Rosicky to be 'Wingers (support/attack/)' or 'Inside Forwards?

Good guide. I bought Fabregas for City and he doesn't perform. Guess he's too attached to Arsenal to do well elsewhere. Another question, what are the stats you've got with your tactics and players? Who's assisting the most, scoring the most etc?

yeah i was playing wolfsburg recently in the champions league group stages and lost 4-3 at home, they went 1-0 up and then we hit back -2-1 thought it would be a walk over them lost 4-3. couldn't believe it. i think i need to buy a good stricker, i know arsenal have Van persie, Eduardo, Vela. but I'm not sure about Bendtner. i think I'll try to buy balotelli, seems his stats have been upgraded from last years, which is a god thing outof all the other players being down graded, I.E. vela, guardado, Alan dzageov (spelling).

when the othr team are attacking, my defence don't seem to get stuck in as in push them out, hold there line, them one simple through ball and a goal conceeded, mental lol.. I'll be tinkering with your tactic too dude to see what happens, if i get any luck i will post it on here to, if it helps.

i have De Rossi playing CM with Fabs, what role do you think i should have him, being his naturally a defensive mid. I'm playing him as ball winning mid with support duty, for team pressure higher up the field but I'm not quite sure if it's the right role. even though ball winning mid seems the perfect title for him, what is your opinion mate?.... =D.

I tend to play 4-2-3-1 with arsenal and it works a treat and they score loads of goals and arshavin amr just tears teams apart

Zurask - Haha are you playing Fabregas as a box to box midfielder? But the important thing to have when fabregas is a BTB mid is to have some really high flair players to get past the opponents full backs then they should usually square the ball to fabregas who is free on the edge of the area who could shoot on sight or try a killer ball to a poacher nipping in behind works really well with my 442 tactic. If you had Fabregas as a BTB mid already then erm..try set his PI's to much creative freedom passing mixed through balls often etc.

Leedsfan - Get what you mean mate ive had the same problem with Arsenal, Theres a few options you can do here. 1) Play a deep defensive line to stop fast striker nipping beind your back four but that would be your back four and your midfield will be seperated and the team can exploilt the gap there really dangerous so really to counter the effect you would need to move your midfield's mentality abit back to drop deeper abit you would have to do the same with your strikers but then your goalscoring ability will reduce heavily. 2) Play two fast center defenders to help you sweep through balls which are played behind your back four but playing fast defender might mean you will have less aerial ability to clear crosses into the box. 3) Play Fabianski when hes back from injury because hes the fastest out of all your keepers and use him as a 'sweeper keeper' its basically the way reina played against barcelona in champions league a few years back irl when through balls were played through the back four and reina was to come out putting the ball out for a throw in works a treat but takes a really good tactician to perect it so i wouldnt recommend it mate. 4) Play Vermaelen(central defender) in the left slot center back slot with a 'Defend' role and Gallas(central defender) with a cover role which will mean gallas will drop abit depper than vermaelen to sweep any through balls that are played in.

I would pick choice 4 mate, most simple and the most effective:)

Last edited:
I play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with Arsenal and its working very well:

..............................Almunia
...Sagna.....Senderos.......Gallas......Clichy
..............................De Rossi
.................Fabregas............Rosicky
Van Persie....................................Arshavin
...............................Dzeko

Van Persie and Arshavin as inside forwards both have average ratings over 7.7 over the course of 30 matches, Dzeko has scored 26 goals in 16 games for me including 4 hatricks and winning world player of the year, Senderos surprisingly is a collosus at the back for me alongside a solid enough Gallas, Vermaelen is ****! sold him in january and signed Zapata who then broke his leg...meh.

I always start a season on football manager as Arsenal so when i do with 2010 i will use this and see how i do ;)

I recently have bought FM10 (follow the gunners). So i started a new game; yet to play a warm-up game only the intra-club match against the reserves (won 6-0). I have sold; Silvestre for 2.8m, and Armond Traore for 9.5m. Hopefuly sell Diaby; i reckon theres enough AM's Wilshere's stats are better this yr than in 09, Nasri i feel is better, and then theres Rosicky and Arshavin

The guide has given me some further insight of certain tactics to use. but we will see if it works :)

on my arsenal file i chose not to loan traore as his pace destroys teams, like he destroyed man utd in the league cup with two assists and i won 2-0, arshavin has been my best player by a mile, he has got something ridiculous like 12 goals in 14 games from attacking mid......

nice guide mate i did use it !!!

I play a 4-2-3-1, I've not been able to sign too many player but those I have are pretty world class and formation puts everyone of Arsenal's key players in their best positions, the only downside is that there's no room for Eduardo and Van Persie in the same team, although I've been training RVP to play in AMC.

The signings I've made I would recommend:
Toulalan, 16m in the 1st transfer window (although I'm sure those of you who are more canny could get that price down)
Van der Vaart, a bargain at 8.5m as far as I'm concerned (1st window)
Enke, free transfer at the end of the 1st season, quality keeper, RIP
Gourcuff, 20m, world class attacking midfielder, spent a lot of time unsettling him as Bordeaux don't want to let him go
Mertesacker, 17.5m, expensive but worth it I think because IMO neither Vermaelen nor Senderos are quite up to scratch as 1st choice DCs (in the game that is). Mertesacker has great ariel presence and complements Gallas well.
(N.b. in order to spend 37.5 million in the second transfer window I had to have something of a fire sale, the likes of Gibbs, Bendtner, Rosicky, Vela, Merida and Djourou were all sold to facilitate these transfers).

My first team looks like this:
Goalkeeper: ---------------Enke

Defence(l-r): Clichy Mertesacker Gallas Sagna

Centre-Mid:---------Fabregas Toulalan

AMC: ---------Nasri/VDV Arshavin Gourcuff

SC: ----------------------Van Persie

Instructions are pretty predictable; RVP complete forward, Toulalan ballwinning MC(def), Arshavin Trequartista, Nasri+Gourcuff Attacking Midfield (One support, one attack).

The whole thing is working well enough, after finishing 2nd to runaway leaders Man City in the first season I'm top after 10 games of this. I also won the FA and League cup in my first season but was knocked out in QFs of Champion's League by Barca.