Arsenal in crisis? Do me a favour!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 8K
Just looking back on last season.
Chris Samba: appearences-36, goals-4, assists-1, fouls commited-45, yellows-3, red-1
Phil Jagielka: appearences-36, goals-1, assists-0, fouls commited-17, yellows-3, reds-0

Not great stats to compare especialy for CB's but with the exception of fouls commited where Jagielka is much less rash i would say they are pretty even.

Did you just use games played, Yellow cards, Red cards to compare CBs.? Really Jacko?

Chris Samba: appearences-36, goals-4, assists-1, fouls commited-45, yellows-3, red-1
Phil Jagielka: appearences-36, goals-1, assists-0, fouls commited-17, yellows-3, reds-0

Not great stats to compare especialy for CB's but with the exception of fouls commited where Jagielka is much less rash i would say they are pretty even.

But it doesn show tackles per game, clearances per game, blocks per game, aerial challenges won etc. Though in truth its neither here or there. One of them needs to be at arsenal by the end of the window, that's for sure

Pretty much I was saying on the Arsenal thread he'd be great for the Gunners. He may be turning 29, but he's got the right mix between composure and aggression-chances of him giving away silly free kicks are pretty slim tbh. He may have got only one goal, but I'd rather he does his job to the best of his abilities.
Thats another thing Arsene should also change aswell, and it's one that puts Jagielka off going to Arsenal, and that's the over 30 contract policy. Only a one year extension or something that they get offered (Callum told me yesterday but can't remember off the top of my head so he'll correct me on that one) once they hit 30 years old. With someone like that you should be offering something like 3 year deal. Seems a bit crazy to me

Did you just use games played, Yellow cards, Red cards to compare CBs.? Really Jacko?

I did say it wasen't great stats but its something to compare them with none the less.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Pretty much I was saying on the Arsenal thread he'd be great for the Gunners. He may be turning 29, but he's got the right mix between composure and aggression-chances of him giving away silly free kicks are pretty slim tbh. He may have got only one goal, but I'd rather he does his job to the best of his abilities.
Thats another thing Arsene should also change aswell, and it's one that puts Jagielka off going to Arsenal, and that's the over 30 contract policy. Only a one year extension or something that they get offered (Callum told me yesterday but can't remember off the top of my head so he'll correct me on that one) once they hit 30 years old. With someone like that you should be offering something like 3 year deal. Seems a bit crazy to me

Yer thats the point, Samba is alot younger than Jagielka and Wenger dosen't tend to sign older players. Samba for me is a more Arsenal type player than what Jagielka is.

I did say it wasen't great stats but its something to compare them with none the less.

Except from those stats, you'd definitely take Jagielka. Way fewer fouls committed, and no red cards.

Yer thats the point, Samba is alot younger than Jagielka and Wenger dosen't tend to sign older players. Samba for me is a more Arsenal type player than what Jagielka is.

What? In what way is Samba 'more of an Arsenal type player'? He's far less composed, slower, worse on the ball, less comfortable with a high line...

Except from those stats, you'd definitely take Jagielka. Way fewer fouls committed, and no red cards.

What? In what way is Samba 'more of an Arsenal type player'? He's far less composed, slower, worse on the ball, less comfortable with a high line...

Because Samba can speak French lol.

Because Samba can speak French lol.

Fail to see how that's relevant, since Arsenal have about the same amount of French-speaking players as Chelsea, for example.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Not to mention all the French speakers also speak English...

Fail to see how that's relevant, since Arsenal have about the same amount of French-speaking players as Chelsea, for example.

Arsenal French speakers (first language): Wenger, Karembeu, Squillaci, Djourou, Koscielny, Song, Sagna, Gervinho, Nasri, Diaby, Chamakh and Traore = 12
Chelsea's French speakers: Lollichon, Hillion, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Drogba and Kakuta = 7

Im genuinly sorry i had to do that, i know im a sad c**t and im ashamed lol. Proberly missed a couple out either side too.

Last edited:
Came across this on a betting site.

Arsene Wenger is 1/6 to see out the 2011/12 Premier League campaign but just 1/2 to be at the Arsenal helm for the start of the 2012/13 season.bet365 spokesman Steve Freeth “We’ve never known a season with so little punter interest in Arsenal for the Premier League (11/2 out to 10/1) and, whilst we don’t think Wenger is under any immediate pressure to go, we feel there could be a change at the top if the lack of silverware went to a seventh season.”The Gunners are out to a whopping 9/4 to win a major trophy,4/6 to finish in the top four and only 9/2 to finish outside the top 6.

I just don't see Arsenal finishing outside the top 6. Well, can't imagine it anyway

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Not to mention all the French speakers also speak English...

Oh yer i know that but if a club has a certain number of players who all speak the same language which is the same language the manager speaks then you can see it taking over as the main language. Im pretty sure i saw somewhere that the Arsenal backline speak to each other in French?

Last edited:
LOL.....Samba is not "alot younger than Jagielka". He is 27 while Jagielka is 28. Personally I'd prefer Jagielka, definitely more expensive but he is perfect for Arsenal

Arsenal French speakers (first language): Wenger, Karembeu, Squillaci, Djourou, Koscielny, Song, Sagna, Gervinho, Nasri, Diaby, Chamakh and Traore = 12
Chelsea's French speakers: Lollichon, Hillion, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, Drogba and Kakuta = 7

Im genuinly sorry i had to do that, i know im a sad c**t and im ashamed lol.

Not only did I say players, not staff, but you ignored the second half of my post. In that seeing as everyone speak English, the point is completely and utterly moot.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Oh yer i know that but if a club has a certain number of players who all speak the same language which is the same language the manager speaks then you can see it taking over as the main language.

Don't be ridiculous. That would be suicidal. Besides, Wenger is strict on languages: everyone who joins Arsenal has to learn English, as it is the language of the squad.

Oh yer i know that but if a club has a certain number of players who all speak the same language which is the same language the manager speaks then you can see it taking over as the main language.

Just screw Chesney, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott, RVP then.

Not only did I say players, not staff, but you ignored the second half of my post. In that seeing as everyone speak English, the point is completely and utterly moot.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Don't be ridiculous. That would be suicidal. Besides, Wenger is strict on languages: everyone who joins Arsenal has to learn English, as it is the language of the squad.

I never saw your 2nd part of the post until after i quoted you. Its just something i remember hearing a little while ago thats all.

Yes Wenger has done alot of good things financialy for this club but his main role is a manager not an accountant and i think their fans look way too much into this.

Noticed that nobody picked up on this, so I'll do it: As an Arsenal fan, I am delighted that Wenger has been intelligent with our spending while the Emirates Stadium has been getting paid off. It sets us up for the future, to which I expect you to reply 'Omg, who cares about teh futurez when you can win things nao?!'. To which I reply: 'Me, and most fans with a brain'.

If we have to go 6 years without a trophy, if it means keeping us financially strong and in an amazing position, particularly with the FFP rules coming in, then I say bring it on. It wasn't possible for Wenger to spend lots of money AND to keep us in good financial shape, I know which I'd prefer.

PS: The pisstake reply may or may not be more or less what you would have said, it was simply an exaggeration (Or not, in some cases) of what quite a few fans think about our situation.

Last edited:
I'm actually going to agree with cjacko and say samba would be a better signing for arsenal, he'll be cheaper, i see him as more of a leader than jagielka, younger, more of a threat from set pieces, more commanding in the air etc. Perfect partner for vermaelen in my eyes. All irrelevent of course, knowing wenger he'll sign neither.

I'm actually going to agree with cjacko and say samba would be a better signing for arsenal, he'll be cheaper, i see him as more of a leader than jagielka, younger, more of a threat from set pieces, more commanding in the air etc. Perfect partner for vermaelen in my eyes. All irrelevent of course, knowing wenger he'll sign neither.

He won't be that much cheaper, Blackburn are messing around on the price and don't want to sell after losing Jones. So much hate on Jagielka. :(

He won't be that much cheaper, Blackburn are messing around on the price and don't want to sell after losing Jones. So much hate on Jagielka. :(

Surely Blackburn will have to sell to fund the transfers of Beckham, Ronaldinho and Raul lol.

Back