Arsenal in crisis? Do me a favour!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 8K
I think in terms of away results they were classed the worst but i think people fail to see the change in class with the rest of the league, the gap in class is alot closer and last year proved thatn with the ammount of points the Champions threw away.

I distinctly remember you calling it one of the worsts sides.... and we finished fairly clear of you lot.

Then the fans should stop being so retarded and show some patience. There is no point in blowing money on a player to please the fans if it doesn't benefit the side

I dont think its about blowing money on one single player i think its about getting the right players. Personly i think they need 4 players a LB, CB, DM and another ST just incase RVP gets injured.

Came across an interesting tweet:

Wilshere was told by Wenger that they WILL sign Juan Mata & Phil Jagielka or Gary Cahill (if all goes according to plan) with other clubs.

I don't normally believe all i see on twitter, but the calls for Arsene to buy Phil are suddenly gathering momentum

I think in terms of away results they were classed the worst but i think people fail to see the change in class with the rest of the league, the gap in class is alot closer and last year proved thatn with the ammount of points the Champions threw away.

But they still won it, and it was pretty comfortable for the most part. Chelsea were never realistically going to win it after their mid-season slump, Arsenal fell away and City looked good but it was well beyond their reach.

Point is - teams get criticised all the time. I've said Chelsea are too old, but they did OK last season and will do so again this season. Every team has it's faults, they're not usually as bad as people like to make out though.

I distinctly remember you calling it one of the worsts sides.... and we finished fairly clear of you lot.

On paper i think it was one of the worst Fergie had assembled too but it was gritty. I wont go to much into our season because take November-January out and we would have won the league it was just the million things that went wrong in that 3month period but Utd deserved to win the league in the end no doubt about it. But pinning it up against past tite winning Utd sides i think it is way down the pecking order.

I dont think its about blowing money on one single player i think its about getting the right players. Personly i think they need 4 players a LB, CB, DM and another ST just incase RVP gets injured.

Thats what he is trying to do though! Its not like he is sat there with his thumb up his **** doing nothing about it

Dont need a striker, Gervinho and Walcott and Chamakh (if he ever gets it together) can cover. Needs an attacking wide/central player (he's tracking a fair few), a centreback (again he's tracking a few) and a LB (not sure if he tracking anyone here)

But they still won it, and it was pretty comfortable for the most part. Chelsea were never realistically going to win it after their mid-season slump, Arsenal fell away and City looked good but it was well beyond their reach.

Point is - teams get criticised all the time. I've said Chelsea are too old, but they did OK last season and will do so again this season. Every team has it's faults, they're not usually as bad as people like to make out though.

Oh i know that and im always the first person to defend the so called ageing squad taunts. But the difference is Chelsea have proven people wrong by keep winning trophies etc but Arsenal haven't i would say 4 new players would freashen the whole squad up.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Thats what he is trying to do though! Its not like he is sat there with his thumb up his **** doing nothing about it

Dont need a striker, Gervinho and Walcott and Chamakh (if he ever gets it together) can cover. Needs an attacking wide/central player (he's tracking a fair few), a centreback (again he's tracking a few) and a LB (not sure if he tracking anyone here)

Pretend your manager of Utd for a second and you hear RVP is out of your clash comming up, how chuffed are you and how much more confident are you. Thats my point, if Drogba misses out for Chelsea we have Torres, if Rooney misses out for Utd you have Berbatov etc etc etc. Gervinho and Walcott are more wide players for me and Walcott's finishing is not spectacular. Chamakh hasen't yet settled into England and his game is airial battles which Arsenal dont play (which is fine by the way not criticising it).

On paper i think it was one of the worst Fergie had assembled too but it was gritty. I wont go to much into our season because take November-January out and we would have won the league it was just the million things that went wrong in that 3month period but Utd deserved to win the league in the end no doubt about it. But pinning it up against past tite winning Utd sides i think it is way down the pecking order.

But take out February - May and we might have won the league. That's just retarded. A season lasts - well however long a season lasts - not 3 months.

Oh i know that and im always the first person to defend the so called ageing squad taunts. But the difference is Chelsea have proven people wrong by keep winning trophies etc but Arsenal haven't i would say 4 new players would freashen the whole squad up.

Don't think we need that many at all. If we came out of the window having 'only' signed ANON CB and someone like Mata, I'll be happy. CB just has to be better than Squillaci, and preferably Djourou. We won't collapse if Vermaelen and Kos play 38 games together.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

In other news, Thierry is 34 today. How is that at 34, Raul is playing CL football in Germany and at the same age, Henry is playing MLS football? I know Raul is brilliant, but THIERRY!

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Pretend your manager of Utd for a second and you hear RVP is out of your clash comming up, how chuffed are you and how much more confident are you. Thats my point, if Drogba misses out for Chelsea we have Torres, if Rooney misses out for Utd you have Berbatov etc etc etc. Gervinho and Walcott are more wide players for me and Walcott's finishing is not spectacular. Chamakh hasen't yet settled into England and his game is airial battles which Arsenal dont play (which is fine by the way not criticising it).

Gervinho hit 15 from wide and up front. it'd be foolish to write him off. Also van persie played only half a season, he missed the half that arsenal were actually very dangerous in. Whether an opposition manager fears them or not its irrelevant its what they can do that matters, and they can do the business up front

Walcott is actually a very good finisher, but he lacks in the decision-making dpt. He's improving that all the time.

Should have got a brace tonight (last night) - denied by a fantastic save.

Walcott is actually a very good finisher, but he lacks in the decision-making dpt. He's improving that all the time.

Should have got a brace tonight (last night) - denied by a fantastic save.

could wenger face another ban , again.

Ridiculous if he does, UEFA are clearly idiots, farcial and handling of his ban

And you need Jags and a LB and Mata, badly

What did Wenger do this time? And why was he in stands for this game..?

Last edited by a moderator:
What did Wenger do this time? And why was he in stands for this game..?

Before the game he got clarification was allowed contact the bench via a 3rd party. but then at half time uefa suddenly seeming changed their minds and because it looks like he did it in the second half they may accuse him of flouting his ban.

Think its for criticising the ref in the barca game

Ridiculous if he doesn, UEFA are clearly idiots, farcial and handling of his ban

And you need Jags and a LB and Mata, badly

Didn't SAF use a phone when he had his touchline ban a year or two ago?

Before the game he got clarification was allowed contact the bench via a 3rd party. but then at half time uefa suddenly seeming changed their minds and because it looks like he did it in the second half they may accuse him of flouting his ban.
I thought he stopped at HT, but UEFA aren't impressed he did it at all.

Think its for criticising the ref in the barca game

Didn't notcie that. They were showing few clips during the game. Didn't check properly.

Maybe one more ban i guess. Shame really..

UEFA ban is different from FA ban. FA bad is joke btw :P

Yep, and Uefa had said it was ok for Wenger, and suddenly at half time they changed their minds...

My original post should read ridiculous if he does

Back