Arsenal in crisis? Do me a favour!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 8K
He won't be that much cheaper, Blackburn are messing around on the price and don't want to sell after losing Jones. So much hate on Jagielka. :(

Yeah it's sad. Think though it's mainly an age thing though. Some people baulk at the idea of £20 million for a 28 year old CB, regardless of how good a player he is. Don't buy the age thing though myself. There's players out there who still do a sterling job in their 30's. Ryan Giggs being a prime example, Raul another. Even Beckham.

Surely Blackburn will have to sell to fund the transfers of Beckham, Ronaldinho and Raul lol.

They're just going to entice them with chicken drumsticks and a starring role in their advert.

They're just going to entice them with chicken drumsticks and a starring role in their advert.

How could anyone turn that down seriously lol, i like my chicken so put free chicken in my contract and i'd sign straight away.

Screw that. KFC Bargain Bucket ftw

Anyway....I digress from the topic

I dont think they are in "crisis" as its too big a word and i would never use that unless i was sure. Saying that i do think they are in the worst place since maybe 97-98 and alot needs to be done. Personly i think a manager or staff change would freshen things up but if thats not available then a batch of players im talking 4-5 players would give them a newness about the side. Also Wenger signing players like Chamberlain who they do not need in a million years does not make things better when they desprately need a CB and still in my eyes a DM. If Arsenal fail to make the top 4 this season or fail to to beat Udinese then the media knife will just cut more and more into Arsenal and Wenger and i feel they will have no choice and will have to move on. Yes Wenger has done alot of good things financialy for this club but his main role is a manager not an accountant and i think their fans look way too much into this.

We won the double in 97/8...

Also - you mention us not needing Chamberlain "in a million years"... Think we will need him before then, but anyway - do Chelsea need Romeu (on loan)? Do they need Courtouis? Clubs sign young players all the time. Get over it.

Wenger wouldn't have signed Chamberlain for no reason anyhow. He's been rated as having excellent potential, and can't think of a better place for him to develop. Would have said Man Utd but they're also overloaded with talent lol. Wenger has definately picked up a very exciting prospect. And once again, potentially another jewel for the future.

We won the double in 97/8...

Also - you mention us not needing Chamberlain "in a million years"... Think we will need him before then, but anyway - do Chelsea need Romeu (on loan)? Do they need Courtouis? Clubs sign young players all the time. Get over it.

What i ment is this is the worst Arsenal side Wenger got the playing which was really in 97-98. Also when your side needs other areas its not the the best idea to sign a player for over the odds who has only played at League 1 level. Chelsea needed young players and thats what we are signing, and Oriol is a Chelsea player not Barcelona so stop complicating things.

What i ment is this is the worst Arsenal side Wenger got the playing which was really in 97-98. Also when your side needs other areas its not the the best idea to sign a player for over the odds who has only played at League 1 level. Chelsea needed young players and thats what we are signing, and Oriol is a Chelsea player not Barcelona so stop complicating things.

I'm pretty sure Romeu has a buy back clause, so if he develops into a good player Barca will just take him straight back, hence the loan comment. Arsenal have other areas that need strengthening, and they have money available onto of AOC, so why should they turn their nose to the opportunity?

He's essentially a Barca player IMO but anyway...

That 97/8 team won the double, though. Can't have been that bad. Or, OR - brace yourself, Carl - OR, Wenger isn't actually a bad manager.

That side had Adams, Seaman, Keown, Vieira, Petit, Bergkamp, Wright, Overmars, Parlour.

You think that was bad? REALLY?

Regarless of other signings Wenger was always going to sign Chamerlain, he hasnt chosen him over signing someone else, hardly the worst side either. And the window isnt even closed yet. this idea of freshening up is nonsense. Wenger just needs to hit his two targets and get an LB

I'm pretty sure Romeu has a buy back clause, so if he develops into a good player Barca will just take him straight back, hence the loan comment. Arsenal have other areas that need strengthening, and they have money available onto of AOC, so why should they turn their nose to the opportunity?

He does have a buy back clause but he is still contracted to Chelsea, Joss is just trying to be funny about it thats all. Like i said if they want him back all i care about is if they stump up the cash.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

He's essentially a Barca player IMO but anyway...

That 97/8 team won the double, though. Can't have been that bad. Or, OR - brace yourself, Carl - OR, Wenger isn't actually a bad manager.

That side had Adams, Seaman, Keown, Vieira, Petit, Bergkamp, Wright, Overmars, Parlour.

You think that was bad? REALLY?

Did you not see what i said?? I said thats when Arsene really got Arsenal playing hence you winning the double. Wenger is a class manager i have no doubt about that but i think things have become stale and are in need of a change thats all.

CJACKO - Just realised what you're trying to say. Difficult to disagree I suppose but it's not the worst bunch of players and really doesn't need that much strengthening.

Take some English classes please.

Regarless of other signings Wenger was always going to sign Chamerlain, he hasnt chosen him over signing someone else, hardly the worst side either. And the window isnt even closed yet. this idea of freshening up is nonsense. Wenger just needs to hit his two targets and get an LB

But all the fans see is him not spending money on players and then he forks out potentialy 15million on a 17 year old who has only played at league 1 level.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

CJACKO - Just realised what you're trying to say. Difficult to disagree I suppose but it's not the worst bunch of players and really doesn't need that much strengthening.

Take some English classes please.

Im from Portsmouth we are bought up this way lol.

Oh and people said last season's Utd side was the worst they've had for a long time. They didn't do so bad.

I would have said no to a lb before tonight..

but we really need one now

how much for a jags/baines double swoop? ;)

But all the fans see is him not spending money on players and then he forks out potentialy 15million on a 17 year old who has only played at league 1 level.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Why do people keep ignoring the fact we signed Gervinho?

Oh and people said last season's Utd side was the worst they've had for a long time. They didn't do so bad.

I think in terms of away results they were classed the worst but i think people fail to see the change in class with the rest of the league, the gap in class is alot closer and last year proved thatn with the ammount of points the Champions threw away.

Then the fans should stop being so retarded and show some patience. There is no point in blowing money on a player to please the fans if it doesn't benefit the side

Why do people keep ignoring the fact we signed Gervinho?

I know, but if you compare what was it 13 for Gervinho and potentialy 15 for Chamberlain. I know the lad has potential but it seems crazy.

Back