Arsenal in talks with Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 5K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Jens Lehmann is in talks with Arsenal about a sensational return to the club to help cure their current goalkeeping crisis.

As he is a free agent (he retired last summer), he wouldn't be a loan and would be able to go straight into the squad - which leads me to assume he'll sign on a deal until the end of the season.

Breaking news on Sky Sports News at the moment.. thoughts?

Especially interested to hear Arsenal fans thoughts on this..

SOURCE

Last edited:
No ta. :)

EDIT: Mix-up between real life and FM (currently pre-season on FM) XD wouldn't mind, but he's also prone to errors which is something we really don't need at this point in the season. He's a good goalie, don't get me wrong, but I think we should steer clear of him.

Last edited:
They only must buy De Gea, Neuer or Akinfeev and then they have peace with goalkeepers for next 10 years

IMO, a pretty poor option. No need to go back to Mr. Cranky pants. But, a decent option, if only for a short term. They could have done much, much worse, though.

They only must buy De Gea, Neuer or Akinfeev and then they have peace with goalkeepers for next 10 years

Forgot it was that easy IRL...

Anyway - not sure if it's good for the team etc., but it's brilliant!

Last time i checked, we were outside of the 25 man squad registration window......

It's only a short term move as Szczesny who will most likely be their first choice goalkeeper for years to come is currently injured so they won't be buying the goalkeepers you've mentioned.

Lat time i checked, we were outside of the 25 man squad registration window......

According to SSN, because he's a free agent and the free agent window isn't closed he'd be allowed to be included in that squad - as long as someone else dropped out I assume.

It's looking like a pretty done deal mate. Just working on the terms I guess..

Really? Wow, was kept very, very quiet then.

2007-08 - Manuel Almunia takes Jens Lehmann's starting place.
2010-11 - Jens Lehmann takes Manuel Almunia's starting place.

I bet he's really ******.

Lat time i checked, we were outside of the 25 man squad registration window......

Clubs are still allowed to get players on free transfers presuming they have space in their 25 man squad. Newcastle have already done so this season with Shefki Kuqi

Clubs are still allowed to get players on free transfers presuming they have space in their 25 man squad. Newcastle have already done so this season with Shefki Kuqi

Arsenal registered 21 players, so should be fine.

However, if i was Almunia, I'd be walking out the door and hopping on a plane home to Spain right now.

Last time i checked, we were outside of the 25 man squad registration window......

Isn't there some rule about signing an emergency goalkeeper at any time in the season as well?

Arsenal registered 21 players, so should be fine.

However, if i was Almunia, I'd be walking out the door and hopping on a plane home to Spain right now.

Agreed. He will be leaving now surely.

Would it be that bad though? He knows the club, he knows the players

Back