Arsenal in talks with Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 5K
I thought it might have been Shay Given, beings tho he ain't playing first team football!???

City wouldn't loan a title rival their back up goalkeeper, plus he's injured.

I thought it might have been Shay Given, beings tho he ain't playing first team football!???

But would Man City let Arsenal have their sub goalkeeper? Unlikely.

I think for cover reasons, this is a good deal. Szchesny is the longn term solution, and has looked decent, but they need to get rid of Almunia and Fabianski.

LRL
Laughing really loud XD
Really poor choice. But, if they sign him, it would be really funny to watch Drogba vs Lehmann again ^^)

I feel sorry for Almunia, he was really good against Barcelona and Manchester United. Don't really see a need for Lehmann, he's retired.. he won't be match fit.. why not just promote a reserve goalkeeper?

It's not like Arsenal have signed Lehmann as a long term prospect... He's just emergency backup.

He's been brought in as back up to Almunia, nothing more. Sczcezny will be Arsenal's long term 'keeper for some years I reckon, he has a lot of potential and just needs experience. Almunia will leave in the summer though, I would think. It's a good move to bring Lehmann in imo

LRL
Laughing really loud XD
Really poor choice. But, if they sign him, it would be really funny to watch Drogba vs Lehmann again ^^)

A free, experienced keeper with prior experience of Arsenal and no delusions about staying longer than his contract. Also, if he's as good as he used to be, a **** good backup. Don't see how this is a "really poor choice"?

Ah mad Jens. Still remember his and Drogba handbags incident. Decent signing for a short term deal.

I think we all know that Lehmann will just be signed as a emergency backup for the rest of the season until we can find a goalkeeper suitable and capable of playing for tha' Goooners

Won't see that again - Arsenal aren't due to play Chelsea until next season.

I feel sorry for Almunia, he was really good against Barcelona and Manchester United. Don't really see a need for Lehmann, he's retired.. he won't be match fit.. why not just promote a reserve goalkeeper?

Because the next goalie up, which should be the 5th goalie, has a knock and isn't match fit either. In addition James Shea if I'm correct, isn't good enough for the Prem. :(

So I suppose this is a decent decision, and for free. Sol Campbell did decent last year, and besides he isn't a star signing. Not even an emergency player, just an emergency back up. So I doubt he'll get to play at all, maybe one or two matches if almunia stays in shape.

You'd think someone with Darren Fletcher in their avatar would understand how a player can improve over time. ;)

Clever... Fletcher proved himself over several seasons not Weeks, come back when Fabianski does that.

A free, experienced keeper with prior experience of Arsenal and no delusions about staying longer than his contract. Also, if he's as good as he used to be, a **** good backup. Don't see how this is a "really poor choice"?

Thats the thing he is 41 and left arsenal because he wasnt deemed good enough, so does anyone actually think he has got better in the last 3 years.

Thats the thing he is 41 and left arsenal because he wasnt deemed good enough, so does anyone actually think he has got better in the last 3 years.

No. But he's not going to be starting, so it doesn't matter unless Almunia gets injured. You're making Everest out of a molehill.

No. But he's not going to be starting, so it doesn't matter unless Almunia gets injured. You're making Everest out of a molehill.

I just dont see how a character like Jens can help anyone.. He is a controversial nutter, which trouble follows around. that is something Arsenal could do without.

I have also hardly commented on Jens, and have certainly not made Everest out of a Molehill as you put it, I was simply responding to your suggestion "Also, if he's as good as he used to be, a **** good backup" Saying why there is no chance of him being the good Jens of 2005-07

Key word if . If he is half good as before, he wouldnt be free. But hey, **** logic :) Anyway, we shall see! :)

Won't see that again - Arsenal aren't due to play Chelsea until next season.

****. At least we'll see Lehmann's neurotic yelling again (A)

Last edited:
I just dont see how a character like Jens can help anyone.. He is a controversial nutter, which trouble follows around. that is something Arsenal could do without.

I have also hardly commented on Jens, and have certainly not made Everest out of a Molehill as you put it, I was simply responding to your suggestion "Also, if he's as good as he used to be, a **** good backup" Saying why there is no chance of him being the good Jens of 2005-07

He's experienced and was a **** fine keeper in his day. The Arsenal youngsters would do well to look up to him, a man who helped Arsenal win a trophy. Sure he's controversial, but he's also an inspiration and no doubt decent at coaching too.

Key word if . If he is half good as before, he wouldnt be free. But hey, **** logic :) Anyway, we shall see! :)

He's free cause he retired.

Back