Arsenal in talks with Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 5K
I just dont see how a character like Jens can help anyone.. He is a controversial nutter, which trouble follows around. that is something Arsenal could do without.

I have also hardly commented on Jens, and have certainly not made Everest out of a Molehill as you put it, I was simply responding to your suggestion "Also, if he's as good as he used to be, a **** good backup" Saying why there is no chance of him being the good Jens of 2005-07

He dosen't need to be, since he's a back up. Any back ups better than no back up, he was a wee bit prone to silly mistakes, but yeah, knows the club well, and for the sake of three months..

He's experienced and was a **** fine keeper in his day. The Arsenal youngsters would do well to look up to him, a man who helped Arsenal win a trophy. Sure he's controversial, but he's also an inspiration and no doubt decent at coaching too.

Doesnt take away he is more then likely to cause some sort of trouble with in the squad, this is just a signings i wouldnt want to go for, And he isonly just taking his badges, you can say he is a good coach, when he isnt even a coach yet.

He dosen't need to be, since he's a back up. Any back ups better than no back up, he was a wee bit prone to silly mistakes, but yeah, knows the club well, and for the sake of three months..

The 3 months which needs to be totally united in a Title Persue, Someone with the character traits of Jens, could do as much damage as good.

This is right up there with the strangest of moves.

I think that bloke they have in goal now (not even gonna try and spell it) will be a good keeper.

He's experienced and was a **** fine keeper in his day. The Arsenal youngsters would do well to look up to him, a man who helped Arsenal win a trophy. Sure he's controversial, but he's also an inspiration and no doubt decent at coaching too.

He's free cause he retired.

OK, why would some football player retire ?

Doesnt take away he is more then likely to cause some sort of trouble with in the squad, this is just a signings i wouldnt want to go for, And he isonly just taking his badges, you can say he is a good coach, when he isnt even a coach yet.

Why is he likely to cause trouble? He's controversial, not a troublemaker. From what I've read about him (from people like Martin Keown, Patrick Vieira et al) he's actually a pretty consummate professional. He didn't cause any massive squad ruptures in a five year spell at Arsenal, why should he in a three month one?

And you can mean coaching in more than a strict sense. Tips, tricks, how best to condition yourself, whatever. The young ones will lap it up, which can only be good for them.

OK, why would some football player retire ?

A whole number of reasons. Your point?

Oh, and before you make any allusions to him not being wanted any more, Stuttgart were ready to offer him a new contract before he announced his retirement.

Why is he likely to cause trouble? He's controversial, not a troublemaker. From what I've read about him (from people like Martin Keown, Patrick Vieira et al) he's actually a pretty consummate professional. He didn't cause any massive squad ruptures in a five year spell at Arsenal, why should he in a three month one?

And you can mean coaching in more than a strict sense. Tips, tricks, how best to condition yourself, whatever. The young ones will lap it up, which can only be good for them.

His Behaviour on the pitch was always a trouble making pattern, In his last season at Arsenal, there where various reports of Jens cauing trouble, not putting in effort anf generally just annoying wenger. There is a reason he let arsenal in the first place. Does anyone actually believe, the First team football **** that was the cover up.

A whole number of reasons. Your point?

Oh, and before you make any allusions to him not being wanted any more, Stuttgart were ready to offer him a new contract before he announced his retirement.

You cant see my point. Well, fine. I'll explain :)
Yes, whole number of reasons like:
He had enough, tierd of football, doesnt think he can do that any more etc. Do you get my point now ?
And, I never said him not being wanted, did I ? He didnt want to play football. So, he must have some reason. My bet is he is tierd of football. Well, his old now ( 41, right ?) and he probably want to spend time with his family. Im not a prophet, we shall see.

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

Eh? Everybody will retire eventually..

Thats right Mike, he felt his time has come.

His Behaviour on the pitch was always a trouble making pattern, In his last season at Arsenal, there where various reports of Jens cauing trouble, not putting in effort anf generally just annoying wenger. There is a reason he let arsenal in the first place. Does anyone actually believe, the First team football **** that was the cover up.

Wenger wouldn't have brought him back if he was such a troublemaker, would he? Arsene knows his beans. He wouldn't have brought back Jens if he wasn't sure he could offer something for the minimum of negatives.

And also, yeah, I'm willing to believe lack of first team football was the reason for him leaving. Since that horrific error, Almunia took his spot and performed well. Jens knew he wouldn't get his spot back, so he left.

You cant see my point. Well, fine. I'll explain :)
Yes, whole number of reasons like:
He had enough, tierd of football, doesnt think he can do that any more etc. Do you get my point now ?
And, I never said him not being wanted, did I ? He didnt want to play football. So, he must have some reason. My bet is he is tierd of football. Well, his old now ( 41, right ?) and he probably want to spend time with his family. Im not a prophet, we shall see.

This isn't a permanent thing. He's coming back for three months tops, hardly a long time away from his family. Three months then back into retirement. If he was that tired of football, he wouldn't have agreed to this role, would he?

This isn't a permanent thing. He's coming back for three months tops, hardly a long time away from his family. Three months then back into retirement. If he was that tired of football, he wouldn't have agreed to this role, would he?

Maybe not ;). Anyway, Im tierd of this disscusion, sorry GodCubed. I would love to see me wrong about Lehmann, I kinda have soft spot for him, but I doubt. Good night mate :)

SSN

"Wenger confirms he will sign a contract till the end of the season"

SSN

"Wenger confirms he will sign a contract till the end of the season"

And for this reason, why would he possibly be a BAD signing? Unless he actually plays (Which he won't IMO), it makes 0 difference on the pitch, apart from perhaps unnerving Almunia with some evil stare of his, or by peeing behind his goal. (6)

:facepalm:

Right back at ya. What bit in particular is a facepalm? The fact we signed an experienced, established GK to provide short-term cover for free, or the fact that Calum posted that?

Not bad for a back up goalkeeper. Probably could still do a job if called upon, and to be honest, if he is fit enough and able enough, I'd probably still play him in front of Almunia.

Out of interest, is the guy on FM11 as a coach, can't find him... :S

Don't see why not.

He's pretty good on his day and if he's free, seems like a decent backup. He may just surprise everyone.

Back