Arsenal in talks with Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 5K
Lol. Arsenal fails, when 3 dodgy keepers can't play bring in another flop, problem solved

Last night, I was telling my dad: "When Arsenal buys a keeper, that's the time that they start winning trophies." But I didn't mean buying him.
Ah, nevermind, if he plays like the keeper he were in 2004, I will support him.

Lehmann is surely only coming in as cover for Almunia in the short term, incase of another injury, suspension etc. Rather than to take his place until the end of the season... Anyway, would rather Jens than some midtable clubs 3rd choice on loan... atleast Lehman has experiance at the top level, even if he is old and prone to mistakes

I know they need cover for injuries but really. Lehmann!!! Ok i know he is a free agent but Wenger must be desperate.

Hmm, kinda strange given Almunia has stepped up again when hes been required, and putting in decent performances against Barca and United.

I think hes a decent keeper, just needs confidence.

Lol. Arsenal fails, when 3 dodgy keepers can't play bring in another flop, problem solved

Hardly a flop. Yeah he's had his moments, but who else hasn't had calamaties? Do i need to roll off any names? Anyway, in the short term, its not a bad thing. Besides it'll be short term, as hes over here studying for his coaching badges

I actually Lol'd at his when i saw it.. aint he just like every other arsenal gk?

can show moments of quality but always is guarenteed to mess up at certain points :P

Apparently it will be a 6 week deal, as he was going to join Arsenal as a member of staff because he's trying to get him coaching badges.

3 dodgy keepers = Szczesny who's been excellent / Fabianski who was finding form before his injury / Almunia - I won't argue with that one but the others aren't really dodgy when you look at Gomes, Cudicini..

Lehmann's not really a flop though, just crazy ;)

3 dodgy keepers = Szczesny who's been excellent / Fabianski who was finding form before his injury / Almunia - I won't argue with that one but the others aren't really dodgy when you look at Gomes, Cudicini..

Lehmann's not really a flop though, just crazy ;)

Fabianski was called Flapianski only 8 monts ago, he doesnt get that name for a reason now Joss. A few good performance before and Injury, doesnt mean he is sound. Szczensy is young and dodgy, I alwas think he is tendable for a mistake.

For those of you who are saying we are above the 25-player limit rule, we are NOT. Arsenal has submitted a 20 player squad NOT including u-21s.

Fabianski was called Flapianski only 8 monts ago, he doesnt get that name for a reason now Joss. A few good performance before and Injury, doesnt mean he is sound. Szczensy is young and dodgy, I alwas think he is tendable for a mistake.

I know Fabianski has a reputation, all I'm saying is that he was looking far more focused and better after the Newcastle home game. I don't know whether Wenger had a word with him, whether he got some extra coaching or what, but he suddenly found form.

Szczesny has made one mistake (if you can call it his), against Brum in the CC final, had a great game at home to Barca when we were apparently dominated, and has looked consistently good. Explain how it looks like he's going to make a mistake all the time?

I'm not arguing we have a great Gking set up, just that they're not all dodgy and flops, especially compared to Spurs.

I completely agree with you, so Jens will just add too the problems

I completely agree with you, so Jens will just add too the problems

not really. he can give some help to the younger goalies. He's got a wealth of experience to pass on

I always thought they'd recall Mannone if they got desperate, he looked useful.

Back