Arsenal in talks with Lehmann

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 5K
I know Fabianski has a reputation, all I'm saying is that he was looking far more focused and better after the Newcastle home game. I don't know whether Wenger had a word with him, whether he got some extra coaching or what, but he suddenly found form.

Szczesny has made one mistake (if you can call it his), against Brum in the CC final, had a great game at home to Barca when we were apparently dominated, and has looked consistently good. Explain how it looks like he's going to make a mistake all the time?

I'm not arguing we have a great Gking set up, just that they're not all dodgy and flops, especially compared to Spurs.

So one good game, means he was finding form, Gibson had a good game against Arsenal, doesnt mean he is "finding form".

Szczesny isnt dominate from Crosses and doesnt command his area or his defence at that matter. Not saying he hasnt made mistakes, just think one is round the corner. Hence why i think a mistake is round the corner.

There was no need to bring Spurs into this either, they arent challenging for the league title like yourselfs...

I am sure Lehmann is the solution..

So one good game, means he was finding form, Gibson had a good game against Arsenal, doesnt mean he is "finding form".

Szczesny isnt dominate from Crosses and doesnt command his area or his defence at that matter. Not saying he hasnt made mistakes, just think one is round the corner. Hence why i think a mistake is round the corner.

There was no need to bring Spurs into this either, they arent challenging for the league title like yourselfs...

The whole point was that was a bad game, he's been good ever since then, then got injured.

Disagree on Szczesny tbh, but we can agree to disagree.

Also - to be fair, who else do we have?

Shea is inexperienced and carrying a knock, Almunia is our only FT stopper and there are no keepers good enough in the PL to take on an emergency loan. We can't simply buy Akinfeev or Neuer unfortunately and this is a cheap option to get experience and cover.

Not bad for lehmann though if you think about it.....learning his coaching badge at arsenal and getting some game time thrown in.

Good old 'learning on the job' rule :)

Fabianski was called Flapianski only 8 monts ago, he doesnt get that name for a reason now Joss.

You'd think someone with Darren Fletcher in their avatar would understand how a player can improve over time. ;)

Not really a crisis - Almunia is fit and tbh they have a few reserve keepers

good deal for me - Lehmann knows the club and has experienced winning trophies - he will likely be backup with Almunia starting, just so arsenal dont have to have a 14 year old untried keeper on the bench.

anybody who thinks this is a bad deal is just wrong

Not really a crisis - Almunia is fit and tbh they have a few reserve keepers

tbh - We have Almunia fit, then James Shea who's never played for the FT and is carrying a little knock (or was), then Emilio Martinez and Sean McDermott. One's a new signing and is only 18, and the other is our U18 keeper.

Helpful... TBH - You're just as buggered if Vidic gets injured & Ferdinand stays out (How long is he out for?)

Due back after the international break. But that's off topic.

I think it's a good signing if he is just going to be cover. If Wenger is bringing him in to start ahead of Almunia, then it's a bad call considering he won't have played since last May/June.

I thought it might have been Shay Given, beings tho he ain't playing first team football!???

i think almunia will still start with lehman just their for backup

I thought it might have been Shay Given, beings tho he ain't playing first team football!???
City wouldn't loan Given to Arsenal, also they wouldn't have any backup as Taylor's injured (?).

Back