Arsenal Report - Zonal Marking for Gooners

Joss

Reaction score
We aim to be the ultimate place for Arsenal supporters interested in football tactics and the inner workings of the club. The idea is to get away from the common 'daily observations' type Arsenal blog format, and instead present statistics and facts to better describe what actually happens during a match, with as little subjectivity as possible.

In the beginning we'll only cover Premier League fixtures, but we'll move on to Champions League and domestic cup fixtures as soon as we feel good about our Premier League content.

Opta Sports
All our statistics and facts originates from Opta, which is easily the most comprehensive and accurate sports statistics tracker in the world. We aren't directly connected to Opta, but use several outlets that are powered by Opta, including the Guardian Chalkboards and ESPN Game Cast, to present our articles. If you're missing some information in an article, just send us an e-mail and we can probably provide you with it.

Features
One of our many original features on Arsenal Report is that all tactical reviews consists of two separate articles; the main section and then a section we call 'Second Opinion'. The authors won't see each others work until they're finished. This way you'll always get a broader span of information than from a lone blogger, and you won't have to look around the web to get a balanced report.

In addition to in-depth tactical analysis of individual matches, we also have a comprehensive statistics database of single games and individual players, and also a weekly series of articles explaining how the current Arsenal tactical system, pairings and formation works.

Every article will use an original feature we call 'Interactive Pitch', which gives you the average positions of every player in the starting line-ups + Arsenal substitutes. It has detailed information about individual player statistics for that match, and even has a goal action component that will give you an overview of positions and movement leading up to the goals in the match. This module will be extended throughout 2011, and coming features include player runs, passing statistics, zonal information, passing matrixes, etc.

To keep up with the future of Arsenal Report, take a look at our Labs section, which contains details about all upcoming features for the site.

Hope you like it!

http://www.arsenalreport.com/

arsereportmainPS.jpg

Last edited:
You made the exact same thread twice....

Already started following really impressed with the work you guys have done

Bookmarked when i read the first article

Good idea for a site, and really nice layout. Best of luck with it!

Already started following really impressed with the work you guys have done

Bookmarked when i read the first article

Great to hear it! We're always looking to improve it, and the Interactive Pitch (probably our trademark!) is being updated constantly atm to include new features.

Clicked on the link couldn't stop reading nicely done

The 2010/2011 Tactic, Part 1 was a good read might use it for At.Madrid

I give in i will download chrome to see this

I give in i will download chrome to see this

You won't regret it, Calum!

She's thinking of making it available to IE9 users, but we expect Microsoft as failed again.. Her words, not mine..

Really nice website loving the FM Inspired graphics :wub:

Also clicked the ads a few times to help :)

Thanks a lot!

You might want to refer to this for FM.

Cheers for that bit long but got there in the end I did notice that Arsenalreport mention the "double pivot" while mantralux did not but both very good websites and be checking both regularly

Last edited:
Very, very nicely laid out, clear, concise and detailed. This is seriously good stuff. Bookmarked, and top marks.

Cheers for that bit long but got there in the end I did notice that Arsenalreport mention the "double pivot" while mantralux did not but both very good websites and been checking both regularly

Yeah she does.. (Arsenalreport is also her website btw!) Go to the Average Positions bit or the Screenshot bit for how the Double Pivot translates into FM.

Back on topic.. Bump for recent thread dwellers.

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Very, very nicely laid out, clear, concise and detailed. This is seriously good stuff. Bookmarked, and top marks.

Thanks, GC! Good to know we have some keen interest.

Actually, we should have an exceptionally good report for the Villa game in April if all goes to plan.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

By the way, guys - You can follow us on twitter through the following profiles:

Joss Bennett
Mantralux (Ix Techau)
Arsenal Report

Nice one, gave it a quick read, like it a lot. Love the layout, simple yet appealing to the eye. Good job

Cheers for that bit long but got there in the end I did notice that Arsenalreport mention the "double pivot" while mantralux did not but both very good websites and be checking both regularly

Just to clear this up more; the article at Arsenal Report is newer, and re-written slightly to fit the format of Arsenal Report better. As soon as 11.3 is out, the Mantralux article will be updated with some of the newer content from Arsenal Report.

In the end, the articles will be almost identical, I just haven't had time to update the Mantralux stuff in a while, it took my full concentration to design and code Arsenal Report for the last couple of weeks or so. (K)

Had a little look round and a read, looks very good mate. If only it was Liverpool Report hah.

Read some of it when it was still avaliable on IE, looked really good.
Might have to download something else just to read it :)