Arsenal Report - Zonal Marking for Gooners

Really sexy interface. Nice job Mantralux! Joss, when will we be seeing your articles?

Mate, this website is brilliant! As one who is tired of the AAA moaners or the AKB crowd, this site is a breath of fresh air. Normally Desi Gunner writes brilliant write ups with lots of tactical knowledge, but this site is one a whole other level. Looking forward to more stuff.
Congrats and brilliant job!

Read some of it when it was still avaliable on IE, looked really good.
Might have to download something else just to read it :)

I had a look at the site under IE9, and it wasn't as bad as I thouht it was going to be. Some font issues, but I'll take a look at it tomorrow and open up for IE9 users as soon as I'm satisfied with everything working. =)

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Really sexy interface. Nice job Mantralux! Joss, when will we be seeing your articles?

Thanks! Joss is already writing, currently in the 'Second Opinion' column below the first section. But as soon as we get comfortable with the format and learn how to publish rich articles on a regular basis, we will start switching it up, so that I take the 'Second Opinion' column and Joss does the 'main' section from time to time.

I had a look at the site under IE9, and it wasn't as bad as I thouht it was going to be. Some font issues, but I'll take a look at it tomorrow and open up for IE9 users as soon as I'm satisfied with everything working. =)
That would be awesome ^^)

@ mantralux - If you want to test how you website looks in older versions of IE take a look at IETester (you can test all versions back to IE 5.5) :)

@ mantralux - If you want to test how you website looks in older versions of IE take a look at IETester (you can test all versions back to IE 5.5) :)

I've already checked all IE versions except IE9, that's why I shut them down in the first place. Anything below IE9 just won't display anything correctly, so there will never be support for them. The only issue I saw with IE9 was that it doesn't load @font-face correctly if there's more than one @font-face on the site. But I'll make a specific css file for IE9 users that only contains one of the fonts, and open it up later this afternoon. (6)

Awesome site! Have bookmarked it like many others, great articles :)

Quick question will you be doing Arsenal 2001-04 one of the best teams of the decade.

Last edited:
"but several errors from referee Phil Dowd, many of them in Newcastle's favour, altered the setting of the match" was enough for me to instantly close the tab..

Is this a genuine non-bias view at Arsenal's games [like Zonal Marking] or is it just a place for little Wenger's to roam free?

[EDIT, kinda] I decided to go back on the site to read the report as my comment looks a little harsh but I stand by it now, the "key referee errors" paragraph sounds like every single bias Arsenal fan on this forum after the game, was hoping it would be a little more professional.

Other than that it's a really good set-up!

"but several errors from referee Phil Dowd, many of them in Newcastle's favour, altered the setting of the match" was enough for me to instantly close the tab..

Is this a genuine non-bias view at Arsenal's games [like Zonal Marking] or is it just a place for little Wenger's to roam free?

[EDIT, kinda] I decided to go back on the site to read the report as my comment looks a little harsh but I stand by it now, the "key referee errors" paragraph sounds like every single bias Arsenal fan on this forum after the game, was hoping it would be a little more professional.

No site can have 100% objectivity :)

Several refereeing/officiating errors DID change the game, for both sides =)

Best decision is also acknowledged in the comments area, was forgotten and not deliberately left out.

Also, we (and I in the thread) fully accepted Newcastle's spirit, and Arsenal's complacency/failures/whatever as the main reason for the result. "Arsenal had mostly themselves to blame in letting a 4-0 lead slip away"

and "Credit to Newcastle who did a good job exploiting errors they forced Arsenal to make, and Diaby’s dismissal was the start of the implosion, so it’s not all Phil Dowd’s fault"

Other than that it's a really good set-up!

Thanks!

Commented on your latest report. Brilliant.

Arsenal Report will be trying out a new Live Blog feature for today's game. Kick off is a 3pm and I'll be giving regular updates on the site about tactical aspects of the game, and more general MBM stuff. It's our first one so be kind - hopefully we can sort out an e-mail system as well.. we'll let you know!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:44 PM ----------

Tactical analysis of Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Lack of end product, but Wilshere shines | Arsenal Report http://t.co/KB3JvBn #arsenalreport

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

BUMP for Recent Thread dwellers :)

I dont need to get chrome etc..

As i can just read the live feed Another good article both of you. Intresting what Arsene has been telling Song to do in preparation for the Barca game :)

http://www.arsenalreport.com/feed/

Very good read and lots of analysis in different areas of Arsenal. Most interesting was the "quarterback" section looks like Wilshere seems to be turning into the next Paul Scholes (looks promising for England) doing pinpoint long passes to the wingers and the front. Which im thinking in the Real Arsenal 4-3-3 should Wilshere role be a Deep-Lying Playmaker?

Very good read and lots of analysis in different areas of Arsenal. Most interesting was the "quarterback" section looks like Wilshere seems to be turning into the next Paul Scholes (looks promising for England) doing pinpoint long passes to the wingers and the front. Which im thinking in the Real Arsenal 4-3-3 should Wilshere role be a Deep-Lying Playmaker?

Well no. In FM, he's more of a box-to-box.

On this occasion, it was just a means of not over working himself, and utlising the pace of Walcott etc. He will be an AMC at some point for Arsenal, atm, he isn't experienced enough.

He has been playing more as a deep-lying central midfielder but he is definitely an all round midfielder. I think he's more of a hybrid of the 2 in fm

Another good article by u guys

Really enjoyed the interactive pitch and i know it will only get better

continue the good work

Another good article by u guys

Really enjoyed the interactive pitch and i know it will only get better

continue the good work

Cheers mate.

IP is being improved all the time :)

Check out my tactical preview of tonight's game. I was bang on about exploiting the space, very interesting tactical analysis tomorrow. Main section on AR written by me, Ix Techau will write the 2nd Op as she has a lot of coding to do, and it's time to switch anyway =)

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

barca-template.jpg

Average positions for tonight's game if anyone's interested..