Arsenal v Birmingham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
This. What I've already said, I was really surprised by his attitude tbh. I have no idea why he did it.

All of these, as I've stated.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Based on technical ability? If it was based on that, then Lee Bowyer would pwn.

Hleb - ex-Arsenal.

Can't cross for ****, can run, and is solid, but not better than Wilshere IMO

All Wilshere seems to do is tackle, which Bowyer is much better at.

You're honestly trying to say Wilshere is better technically than Hleb? McFadden?

...because Chamakh blatantly dived to get a penalty which probably shouldn't have been given?
there was contact, albeit very very minimal. but dann didnt help himself with the challenge, you always run the risk. not sure how people can criticise wilsheres tackle yet defend taylors. both terrible reckless challenges that dont need to be made.

there was contact, albeit very very minimal. but dann didnt help himself with the challenge, you always run the risk. not sure how people can criticise wilsheres tackle yet defend taylors. both terrible reckless challenges that dont need to be made.

We're not defending the tackle, we're defendig the fact that, when our player ecklessly tackles their's it's a personal attack and he should be banned for life, but in the opposite direction, he's only 18 it's not his fault he's inexperienced.

Ridiculous really, another bit of food for thought, imagine the **** loads of abuse we'd be getting if we had commuted the tackle Wilshere had.

All Wilshere seems to do is tackle, which Bowyer is much better at.

You're honestly trying to say Wilshere is better technically than Hleb? McFadden?

mcfadden is more of a forward when he plays for scotland is that not the same for birmingham?

mcfadden is more of a forward when he plays for scotland is that not the same for birmingham?

Nope left wing, explaining why we're playing Fahey there when he's clearly not good enough.

We're not defending the tackle, we're defendig the fact that, when our player ecklessly tackles their's it's a personal attack and he should be banned for life, but in the opposite direction, he's only 18 it's not his fault he's inexperienced.

Ridiculous really, another bit of food for thought, imagine the **** loads of abuse we'd be getting if we had commuted the tackle Wilshere had.
agree, if Zigic had did that to Wilshire then everyone would be looking for his head

The only thing i think is wrong about this tackle is that because he is English he will get away with alot of the media attention and slaming because of this. Its like Ashley Young he dives alot and did it for England and it just dosen't get mentioned.

...because Chamakh blatantly dived to get a penalty which probably shouldn't have been given?

he ran all the way to the half way line twice for fouls that had nothing to do with the penalty or chamakh and there was no need for him to do that

The only thing i think is wrong about this tackle is that because he is English he will get away with alot of the media attention and slaming because of this. Its like Ashley Young he dives alot and did it for England and it just dosen't get mentioned.
well he made an awful challenge, got sent off. his manager admitted it was a reckless challenge. not sure what else there is to it. Hopefully wenger will have some choice words for him and we dont see it again

But if you see the real time replay, Eduardo knocks it past him and takes the impact trying to win a free kick. He was unlucky, Tiny Taylor had never been before sent off in his career and this deeply affected him. He personally visited Eduardo in hospital, the hospital which our staff took Eduardo, with no thanks from the Arsenal staff.

And about Wilshere being 18, it doesn't matter, he's still a dirty little ******. If he was 10 years older and foreign you'd all be raining down on him like a sack of ****. He's not even that good, the protection the Arsenal fans are giving him because he's young and English is unreal. He'll never be world class, we need to stop focusing on this potentially decent player and on the rest of our nations future.

All in all, if you'd have a picture of the eduardo tackle half a second earlier the ball would have been where Tiny's foot was, Wilshere was never going to get the ball.

That is a load of bull.... was you there, so how do you know arsenal staff never thanked yours, do you work for birmingham?...... second your talking a whole load of **** just accept mat taylor made a horrible challenge... so to did jack wilshire END OFF... and before you critisise wilshire remember who broke someone leg

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

THAT IS RUBBISH... they said he should get a life ban BECAUSE HE ALMOST RUINED SOMEONES CAREER... has wilshire ??? no so why should he have that type of pressure; the most that should be said is it was a horrible tackle luckily for him didn't cause damage, the guy should serve his one or two match ban, try not to do it again and continue his glistering career !!!!!!

Pretty shocking tackle from young Jack.
Bit of youtful exuberance more than anything I think. He will get the word from Arsene that we don't need him diving in like that, but it is nice to see that Jack isn't afraid to shy away from a challenege. I just hope it won't come back to bite him and he gets himself a serious injury.

I tell you what lets just ban tackling from football? That way no injurys and no arguments.

I tell you what lets just ban tackling from football? That way no injurys and no arguments.

In a word. No.

That's what is good about the English game; passion, commitment and strength.

No one (including Wenger) complains about hard tackles, so long as they're going for the ball. It's when players like Karl Henry just take out opposition players with no apparent attempt to play the ball, not the man.

Btw my comment wasnt a serious suggestion, it was a tongue in cheek comment, you cant seriously ban tackling because then Wenger would have nothing to complain about. ( < another joke comment please do not shout, scream, insult, cry about it please)

Btw my comment wasnt a serious suggestion, it was a tongue in cheek comment, you cant seriously ban tackling because then Wenger would have nothing to complain about. ( < another joke comment please do not shout, scream, insult, cry about it please)

Don't say stupid things if you don't want people to "shout, scream, insult, [and] cry about it".

(Not necessarily the first comment (Though it could be clearer), but the second, about Wenger, Madsheep has already posted articles, quotes about/from Wenger about hard tackling, he has no problem with it as long as the intention is to go for the ball, not the man)

Back