Arsenal v Birmingham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
It was a clear dive. I know I'm a Chelsea fan, but Drogba has stopped diving, and has not dived for a few years, but diving has no place in the game whatsoever. The FA, UEFA, FIFA, need to standardise another procedure for diving, and, really, I don't see why we can't have the extra officials behind the goals. Diving needs to stop, and Chamakh knows he dived, and that unforgivable action has caused Birmingham to lose a very tight game of football.

the red-card was definetly a red-card, clearly, he completely miss-timed the tackle

Drogba stopped diving for 2 reasons, 1. because he said his kids would ask him why do they say these bad things about you daddy. and 2. because the Chelsea fans actually got annoyed that he kept diving and its one of the main reasons Robben left because Chelsea fans got annoyed and he wouldn't stop it.

Drogba stopped diving for 2 reasons, 1. because he said his kids would ask him why do they say these bad things about you daddy. and 2. because the Chelsea fans actually got annoyed that he kept diving and its one of the main reasons Robben left because Chelsea fans got annoyed and he wouldn't stop it.

WTF? 1. How do you know that? And lol at you doing their speech: "Daddy"
2. So Robben left because he was a diver :S

WTF? 1. How do you know that? And lol at you doing their speech: "Daddy"
2. So Robben left because he was a diver :S

I know that because i heard it in an interview with Didier a year or so ago on ChelseaTV. And it was a big factor in the reason Robben left yer, Chelsea fans started to get on his back because of his diving and he didn't stop it.

I know that because i heard it in an interview with Didier a year or so ago on ChelseaTV. And it was a big factor in the reason Robben left yer, Chelsea fans started to get on his back because of his diving and he didn't stop it.

HMM

OK then. Fair enough

HMM

OK then. Fair enough

It was actually the at the start of last season because they asked him about the thing he did at fulltime after the Barca game and he said his children were watching at home and thats how it come about.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

just seen the dive for the first time and it is pretty bad.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Definate red card and its funny how quiet the Emirates went when he put the challenge in it was almost as if they were like ''oh no and we moan about bad tackles on us''.

Didn't really think there was a rivalry between Arsenal and Brum. I watched the match on three or four different streams (my laptop is three years old and full of ****), and I must say Arsenal were very lucky to come out with more than a point. Okay, we go back to the 'diving' again, and, sure, he did dive. Who doesn't these days? When I saw it first, I admit I thought it was a penalty. Having seen it again, definitely not. The ref obviously thought there was contact, so penalty, argument over. Second goal was just pure magic. And the sending off was a correct call, and I hope for Arsenal's - and England's - sake that this doesn't affect him in anyway for the season or the ones ahead.

Arsenal - cheaters, divers and dirty tacklers.

Think that's a little unfair tbh.

Your tackling was by and large worse than ours, and OK Wilshere made a bad challenge, and was rightly sent off, Nasri also tripped someone off the ball - so that's two "dirty tackles" - what about Ridgewell leading with his arm on Chamakh after the pen? What about Bowyer, every time Diaby/Wilshere or Nasri got the ball?

Cheats? One player "dived" - If you look closely you see there is contact, as he goes down (thus I admit it shouldn't have been a penalty) so because one player did that, you say the whole team are cheats and divers.. Foster? Surely time-wasting (being against the rules) constitutes as cheating? Surely running to the halfway line from your goal to complain to the referee and having 8 Brum players surround the referee is also against the rules?

We dominated, we got lucky, we won.

Think that's a little unfair tbh.

Your tackling was by and large worse than ours, and OK Wilshere made a bad challenge, and was rightly sent off, Nasri also tripped someone off the ball - so that's two "dirty tackles" - what about Ridgewell leading with his arm on Chamakh after the pen? What about Bowyer, every time Diaby/Wilshere or Nasri got the ball?

Cheats? One player "dived" - If you look closely you see there is contact, as he goes down (thus I admit it shouldn't have been a penalty) so because one player did that, you say the whole team are cheats and divers.. Foster? Surely time-wasting (being against the rules) constitutes as cheating? Surely running to the halfway line from your goal to complain to the referee and having 8 Brum players surround the referee is also against the rules?

We dominated, we got lucky, we won.

What game did you watch? You kicked us all over the park, anyone with half a brain could have seen that.

We were outplayed and didn't really deserve to win, but all in all Chamakh just proved how much of a **** he is. Any contact anywhere on the field and he flies like he's been shot. There was no contact in the box either, no excuse for that kind of behaviour in football. What sickened me, was the proud look on his face afterwards, knowing exactly what he'd done.

Kick it out of football.

(Kicking Chamakh in the balls would be welcomed)

What sickened me, was the proud look on his face afterwards, knowing exactly what he'd done.

Hate to **** on your chest, Josh, but whoever wins a penalty gets a smile and a congratulation from a team-mate ^^)

What game did you watch? You kicked us all over the park, anyone with half a brain could have seen that.

We were outplayed and didn't really deserve to win, but all in all Chamakh just proved how much of a **** he is. Any contact anywhere on the field and he flies like he's been shot. There was no contact in the box either, no excuse for that kind of behaviour in football. What sickened me, was the proud look on his face afterwards, knowing exactly what he'd done.

Kick it out of football.

(Kicking Chamakh in the balls would be welcomed)

Bullshit we did, I was there, and saw our midfielders getting kicked, and riding challenges the whole time.

OK, I admit I went a little far - you weren't like Wolves or Stoke..

Proud look? He dived, ONCE, I've admitted that, and didn't make any attempt to condone it, all I said was that I thought there was minimal contact and I can see why the referee gave it, it's a dangerous challenge in the box, because he was nowhere near the ball, and of course he says he didn't touch him, Chamakh maybe says he did (he's yet to comment). We can go on forever, but i'm on your side for now..

Though he didn't just "go flying" everytime he was touched, neither is he a "****" for diving once, you got lucky at St. Andrews last season, now we've rode our luck and got a result.

Lastly, what proud look on his face? He walked away! He didn't stand there looking proud, he did the opposite for crying out loud. You still haven't commented on Foster - there's no place for deliberate time-wasting 20 minutes into a match, or moaning (or conning as C did) the referee.

Not an Arsefan, but I thought it was a pen, you shouldn't lunge like that in the box unless you know you are getting the ball, it's your own fault if you don't.

Thought Wilshere's red was harsh to be honest, agreed with Shearer on MotD about it being a yellow a few years back, and I think it would have been a few weeks back before the sudden spate of ****** tackles.

Bullshit we did, I was there, and saw our midfielders getting kicked, and riding challenges the whole time.

OK, I admit I went a little far - you weren't like Wolves or Stoke..

Proud look? He dived, ONCE, I've admitted that, and didn't make any attempt to condone it, all I said was that I thought there was minimal contact and I can see why the referee gave it, it's a dangerous challenge in the box, because he was nowhere near the ball, and of course he says he didn't touch him, Chamakh maybe says he did (he's yet to comment). We can go on forever, but i'm on your side for now..

Though he didn't just "go flying" everytime he was touched, neither is he a "****" for diving once, you got lucky at St. Andrews last season, now we've rode our luck and got a result.

Lastly, what proud look on his face? He walked away! He didn't stand there looking proud, he did the opposite for crying out loud. You still haven't commented on Foster - there's no place for deliberate time-wasting 20 minutes into a match, or moaning (or conning as C did) the referee.

So the biggest point of your argument is 'So what if our player dived?! Your player argued with the officials!'

Wtf seriously.

Do we ignore that every time a fre kick is given against Arsenal the players crowd the referee to stop quick free kicks being taken?

And aswell as your 'We made one bad tackle in the whole match' comment.

Nasri's kick on Ridge? Eboue's scissor tackle from behind?

Back