Arsenal v Birmingham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
Uh, that's completely irrelevant?

That's about the Dutch not properly diagnosing RVP, and giving him the wrong treatment, which put him out for longer, and clearly damaged our title ambitions.
ye it was off topic, but i was just contradicting myself after thinking he had stopped complaining

So the biggest point of your argument is 'So what if our player dived?! Your player argued with the officials!'

Wtf seriously.

Do we ignore that every time a fre kick is given against Arsenal the players crowd the referee to stop quick free kicks being taken?

And aswell as your 'We made one bad tackle in the whole match' comment.

Nasri's kick on Ridge? Eboue's scissor tackle from behind?

Pretty sure I mentioned Nasri's. Didn't see Eboue "scissor tackle" anyone, saw him catch a player and get booked... Maybe your vision was distorted by the bullshit filling your mind. And we crowdeed the referee? Uh, no we didn't.. Squillaci had a goal disallowed, what did we do? Get on with it - we get a penalty? What does Foster do? Run 30 yards to speak to the referee. Our player commits a foul, your keeper runs 60 yards to talk to the referee (Y).

No. That wasn't my point at all. My point was, you can hardly talk about Birmingham being so perfect and Arsenal being so dirty when both sides committed offences. I admitted Chamakh dived, yet you still go on about it, get over it.

I also actually forgot that Martin Taylor injured Eduardo. It completely slipped my mind, so don't even talk about Jack Wislhere's sending off being bad tbh.

The Eduardo sending off was given for the injury not the foul though. Anyone with half a brain could have seen that.

Then what was your point? :/

'Gahhhh, your keeper wasted time whilst complaining to the ref that ours dived?!?! So unfair!!!'

ye it was off topic, but i was just contradicting myself after thinking he had stopped complaining

Fair 'nuff.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

The Eduardo sending off was given for the injury not the foul though. Anyone with half a brain could have seen that.

'Gahhhh, your keeper wasted time whilst complaining to the ref that ours dived?!?! So unfair!!!'

No. Stop reading it the same way even though I told you that wasn't it.. Though, if i was then surely you're making the same point? "Gahhhh, your player dived so it doesn't matter our keeper was being a ****".

The Taylor sending off was given because it was an atrocious challenge, anyone with a quarter of a brain could have seen that.

Eduardo was injured, because he was too skillfull, and Taylor decided to be a dirty ******* and ruin his career, don't even think about comparing the leg-breaking, career-threatening challenge by an experienced Taylor who knew what he was doing, with an over-zealous challenge that did next to no harm at all from an 18 year old.

W020080228323206476952.jpg

Look how high the studs are.

Fair 'nuff.

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

No. Stop reading it the same way even though I told you that wasn't it.. Though, if i was then surely you're making the same point? "Gahhhh, your player dived so it doesn't matter our keeper was being a ****".

The Taylor sending off was given because it was an atrocious challenge, anyone with a quarter of a brain could have seen that.

Eduardo was injured, because he was too skillfull, and Taylor decided to be a dirty ******* and ruin his career, don't even think about comparing the leg-breaking, career-threatening challenge by an experienced Taylor who knew what he was doing, with an over-zealous challenge that did next to no harm at all from an 18 year old.

i have no like bar at the moment :S

so "like"

It was a terrible tackle but i dont think he went in to cripple Eduardo

Just wanted to show that the sending off wasn't for the leg break. No offence intended.

S'alrite. No harm done, understand the point.

It was a terrible tackle but i dont think he went in to cripple Eduardo

I'm sure (I hope) your right, but the point was that he knew he wasn't going to get the ball, and he's experienced enough to know what happens when you make those challenges. Wilshere has so much to learn at just 18, and needs to learn to control his frustration.

But if you see the real time replay, Eduardo knocks it past him and takes the impact trying to win a free kick. He was unlucky, Tiny Taylor had never been before sent off in his career and this deeply affected him. He personally visited Eduardo in hospital, the hospital which our staff took Eduardo, with no thanks from the Arsenal staff.

And about Wilshere being 18, it doesn't matter, he's still a dirty little ******. If he was 10 years older and foreign you'd all be raining down on him like a sack of ****. He's not even that good, the protection the Arsenal fans are giving him because he's young and English is unreal. He'll never be world class, we need to stop focusing on this potentially decent player and on the rest of our nations future.

All in all, if you'd have a picture of the eduardo tackle half a second earlier the ball would have been where Tiny's foot was, Wilshere was never going to get the ball.

but if you see the real time replay, eduardo knocks it past him and takes the impact trying to win a free kick. He was unlucky, tiny taylor had never been before sent off in his career and this deeply affected him. He personally visited eduardo in hospital, the hospital which our staff took eduardo, with no thanks from the arsenal staff.

And about wilshere being 18, it doesn't matter, he's still a dirty little ******. If he was 10 years older and foreign you'd all be raining down on him like a sack of ****. He's not even that good, the protection the arsenal fans are giving him because he's young and english is unreal. He'll never be world class, we need to stop focusing on this potentially decent player and on the rest of our nations future.

All in all, if you'd have a picture of the eduardo tackle half a second earlier the ball would have been where tiny's foot was, wilshere was never going to get the ball.

1. LOL. Are you suggesting Eduardo was diving? (Y)
2. Wilshere is already better than your best midfielder, he showed that today before the sending off.
3. If you took the picture half a second earlier, the ball would just be leaving Eduardo's foot, and Taylor's foot would be about to break Eduardo's fibula, it wouldn't have changed the outcome.. it doesn't work like that i'm afraid, you don't just change everything by taking a photo a little earlier.
4. Stop turning this into a rant about **** Arsenal are. And what do you mean he had no help from the Arsenal medics? You mean the ones who helped him get back to fitness, and play football again?

Last edited:
i was at the game to day as well and the thing that disappointed me was ben foster, every opportunity he had to run out of his box and moan at the ref was amazing he ran all the way to the half way line to get in arguments with arsenal players and ref about 3-4 time, i never knew he was like that and was actually shocked by it

But if you see the real time replay, Eduardo knocks it past him and takes the impact trying to win a free kick. He was unlucky, Tiny Taylor had never been before sent off in his career and this deeply affected him. He personally visited Eduardo in hospital, the hospital which our staff took Eduardo, with no thanks from the Arsenal staff.

And about Wilshere being 18, it doesn't matter, he's still a dirty little ******. If he was 10 years older and foreign you'd all be raining down on him like a sack of ****. He's not even that good, the protection the Arsenal fans are giving him because he's young and English is unreal. He'll never be world class, we need to stop focusing on this potentially decent player and on the rest of our nations future.

All in all, if you'd have a picture of the eduardo tackle half a second earlier the ball would have been where Tiny's foot was, Wilshere was never going to get the ball.
Wilshere is a good player already and will only improve and has the potential to be world class

Wait, what? He's better than any Birmingham midfielder, no questions asked.. oO)

Based on what? Tendency to bring down opposition players?

Hleb is much better in any department really.

i was at the game to day as well and the thing that disappointed me was ben foster, every opportunity he had to run out of his box and moan at the ref was amazing he ran all the way to the half way line to get in arguments with arsenal players and ref about 3-4 time, i never knew he was like that and was actually shocked by it

This. What I've already said, I was really surprised by his attitude tbh. I have no idea why he did it.

Wait, what? He's better than any Birmingham midfielder, no questions asked.. oO)

yes Wilshere > Birmingham mids

Wilshere is a good player already and will only improve and has the potential to be world class

All of these, as I've stated.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Based on technical ability? If it was based on that, then Lee Bowyer would pwn.

Hleb - ex-Arsenal.

Can't cross for ****, can run, and is solid, but not better than Wilshere IMO

he really isnt though, helb has been **** since he left arsenal and wasnt great today, wilshire played a lot of good 1-2's today and could have had a couple of assists

This. What I've already said, I was really surprised by his attitude tbh. I have no idea why he did it.

...because Chamakh blatantly dived to get a penalty which probably shouldn't have been given?

Back