Arsene Wenger maintains Arsenal do not need an influx of big-money signings this..

I think Gibbs has lost form because of his injury - he keeps getting injured just as he starts showing his promise which is amazingly frustrating and then when he's fit, he doesn't get match-time because Clichy is first choice (rightly so despite a dip in concentration at times - not helped by lack of support from Arshavin/Nasri at times) and then he can't get 100% fit and doesn't do so well when he does play.. I don't know if that makes sense - what I'm trying to say is that he can never quite get to 100% fitness because he doesn't play enough but is still a very good prospect.

I think we'll sign a RB this summer tbh - we have Carl Jenkinson, a 19 YO who's signing from Charlton at some point (compensation to be agreed) but Eboue *may* be moved on and then we'd definitely go into the market.

Agreed we need to be calmer at the back... I don't think playing with 4 different keepers has helped the CBs though - generally both are very good IMO but I think Djourou loses focus at times and makes key mistakes. It all comes with experience and they'll get better and better.

Gibbs's case is really frustrating. I dont think Arsenal can rely on him as a back up.

Yes, playing with 3 different GKs is not easy also playing with so many CB combination is also very difficult for GKs..

I dont know what is wrong with Arsenal physio/Medical staff. I dont know whether Medical team is ****** up or Wenger signs fragile players.. It is no coincidence that Arsenal always has key players missing. Verma out for season, Djourou finally got run of games again got injured, Walcott, Fabregas are all injury prone.

Gibbs's case is really frustrating. I dont think Arsenal can rely on him as a back up.

Yes, playing with 3 different GKs is not easy also playing with so many CB combination is also very difficult for GKs..

I dont know what is wrong with Arsenal physio/Medical staff. I dont know whether Medical team is ****** up or Wenger signs fragile players.. It is no coincidence that Arsenal always has key players missing. Verma out for season, Djourou finally got run of games again got injured, Walcott, Fabregas are all injury prone.

A lot of them get injured on international duty. Fabregas isn't injury prone I don't think, neither is Theo - both just been really unlucky. Same with Djourou - injured his shoulder rather than knee and was back pretty quickly. TV5 may actually be back - he's returning to full training and needs match practise (he's going to play in some closed-door friendlies)

It's great for RvP getting a run of games - though I still get nervous when he hits the ground..

A lot of them get injured on international duty. Fabregas isn't injury prone I don't think, neither is Theo - both just been really unlucky. Same with Djourou - injured his shoulder rather than knee and was back pretty quickly. TV5 may actually be back - he's returning to full training and needs match practise (he's going to play in some closed-door friendlies)

It's great for RvP getting a run of games - though I still get nervous when he hits the ground..

I meant Walcott, Fabregas always gets those niggling injuries that keeps them away for 2-3 weeks. Djourou always gets injured isn't it.

Oh and i wont bring RVP into this. He is in special category. Class striker, shame about his injuries. Much like Saha.

I meant Walcott, Fabregas always gets those niggling injuries that keeps them away for 2-3 weeks. Djourou always gets injured isn't it.

Oh and i wont bring RVP into this. He is in special category. Class striker, shame about his injuries. Much like Saha.

Walcott's injuries have been different though - ankle injury caused directly by a challenge on Eng. duty and a shoulder injury last year. = bad luck, not prone to injury IMO.

Cesc has had a tight hamstring for a while but has played through it and aggregated it a couple of times. He tweeted after Spurs he feels much better now

we would need a new LB IF Clichy leaves

a Poacher in the box to help RVP

and a new winger (hopefully hazzard)

we would need a new LB IF Clichy leaves

a Poacher in the box to help RVP

and a new winger (hopefully hazzard)

Disagree on the poacher.. I'm writing something this weekend (at some point!) about why a poacher isn't the answer to our woes..

Hazard won't come.. He wants to go to Spain and I'm sure Madrid are interested. Would love it if he did, but very doubtful.

Disagree on the poacher.. I'm writing something this weekend (at some point!) about why a poacher isn't the answer to our woes..

Hazard won't come.. He wants to go to Spain and I'm sure Madrid are interested. Would love it if he did, but very doubtful.

well we Have RVP two target men and Vela

so hopefully Vela could be our poacher

I'd say we need an ST, CB and a LB

We have supposedly made a bid for Sakho which would be a good signing.

A new LB is essential because Clichy makes too many mistakes, again i've heard rumors that Wenger is planning a swap deal for Baines who I think is class.

and a new ST too Partner Van Persie, I don't rate Chamakh or Bendtner at all and I just don't think Vela is good enough. I think Wenger should be looking to sign someone like Falcao or even Rossi, both os these players I rate highly and are always is the right place at the right time.

You need a striker, a LB, squilliaci to get his act together or another CB, and someone to take control of the side(could well be TV we will see next season)

Really Arsene?? I would say you need 5 new players. A GK,DL,DC,DM and a ST.

Haha! That must be a joke, right? Arsenal have one of the best young 'keepers in the world, possibly the league's best dm up until christmas and decent cover in all of those positions. I'd say Chelsea are in a worse position in terms of an 'overhaul' than Arsenal at the minute.

Vermaelen and Koscielny will make a quality centre back partnership, and Djourou has developed well this season as a good back up. I really rate Song, Walcott and Nasri are almost unplayable on their day and Fabregas, Wilshere and Van Persie would walk into any team.

My concern for Arsenal is strength in depth and a bit of a lack of leadership. They don't really have a player that can take a game by the scruff of the neck like a Vieira or Keane from a previous era, or maybe Rooney or Gerrard from the current squads. I don't rate Clichy as a defender, and Arshavin is too inconsistent but the only players that I see leaving are Eboue and Bendtner, and maybe Fabregas if his big money move to Barca materialises. Arsenal are in good shape for next season, easily the best squad that they have had for some time now that the youngsters are starting to reach their potential

Haha! That must be a joke, right? Arsenal have one of the best young 'keepers in the world, possibly the league's best dm up until christmas and decent cover in all of those positions. I'd say Chelsea are in a worse position in terms of an 'overhaul' than Arsenal at the minute.

Vermaelen and Koscielny will make a quality centre back partnership, and Djourou has developed well this season as a good back up. I really rate Song, Walcott and Nasri are almost unplayable on their day and Fabregas, Wilshere and Van Persie would walk into any team.

My concern for Arsenal is strength in depth and a bit of a lack of leadership. They don't really have a player that can take a game by the scruff of the neck like a Vieira or Keane from a previous era, or maybe Rooney or Gerrard from the current squads. I don't rate Clichy as a defender, and Arshavin is too inconsistent but the only players that I see leaving are Eboue and Bendtner, and maybe Fabregas if his big money move to Barca materialises. Arsenal are in good shape for next season, easily the best squad that they have had for some time now that the youngsters are starting to reach their potential

and thats from a Utd fan :)

and thats from a Utd fan :)

To be honest, I'm more worried about the improvements that United need to make for next season. The goalkeeper situation is one that we have to sort, and there is no scope for error. Just look at the problems we had when replacing Schmeichel. I think United and Chelsea have more deadwood than Arsenal. Obviously Van Persie is injury prone, but Arsenal have been really unlucky with injuries this season, and because Arsene doesn't splash out all the time, it's an easy target for criticism.

To be honest, I'm more worried about the improvements that United need to make for next season. The goalkeeper situation is one that we have to sort, and there is no scope for error. Just look at the problems we had when replacing Schmeichel. I think United and Chelsea have more deadwood than Arsenal. Obviously Van Persie is injury prone, but Arsenal have been really unlucky with injuries this season, and because Arsene doesn't splash out all the time, it's an easy target for criticism.

in fairness they are always injury prone, but i agree there doesnt need to be wholesale changes, we've got more work to do than them

in fairness they are always injury prone, but i agree there doesnt need to be wholesale changes, we've got more work to do than them

True, but over the last couple of seasons we have had a lot of injury problems too. I think we have been lucky that our key players, Vidic, Rooney and Nani have stayed relatively injury free this year. Arsenal will always struggle without Vermaelen, Fabregas, Van Persie and Walcott, because their squad isn't quite as strong as ours

True, but over the last couple of seasons we have had a lot of injury problems too. I think we have been lucky that our key players, Vidic, Rooney and Nani have stayed relatively injury free this year. Arsenal will always struggle without Vermaelen, Fabregas, Van Persie and Walcott, because their squad isn't quite as strong as ours

I do wonder what it is they do in training that causes so many of their players to break down. What draws criticism to arsenal is that its the same few flaws that cost them over and over again. I'd argue we probably have more flaws but are much better at covering them or overcoming them by find someway to address them

I do wonder what it is they do in training that causes so many of their players to break down. What draws criticism to arsenal is that its the same few flaws that cost them over and over again. I'd argue we probably have more flaws but are much better at covering them or overcoming them by find someway to address them

TV, Walcott and RvP have all been injured on international duty to be fair. Someone putting horse placenta on RvP's leg didn't help!

TV, Walcott and RvP have all been injured on international duty to be fair. Someone putting horse placenta on RvP's leg didn't help!

i know but even when you look back throughout the seasons, the number of muscle injuries you guys pick up is astounding, thats why i wonder whats going on back there.

But they dont need a change of manager, or change of philosophy, but that philosophy does need a minor adjustment. If wenger had to make two signings this summer (assuming that TV is the one to come and boss the players next season) i would say buy lavezzi and baines

I think Sakho would be a great signing, with his verstility and leadership qualities. I've never seen a cb pairing with 2 lefties though, and obviously it would be a bit harsh on Koscielny and Djourou if they signed another cb. Would Sakho be good enough to command the left back spot? I'm not sure that he is technically good enough...

First of all i dont see how Chelsea are in a worse position at all. But its my opinion simple as that, Arsenal have a problem with keepers and that bloke might become a brilliant keeper but Arsenal need to win things now they have waited too long. And like i say although Song has improved no way is he good enough for a top side like Arsenal.