Arsene Wenger maintains Arsenal do not need an influx of big-money signings this..

First of all i dont see how Chelsea are in a worse position at all. But its my opinion simple as that, Arsenal have a problem with keepers and that bloke might become a brilliant keeper but Arsenal need to win things now they have waited too long. And like i say although Song has improved no way is he good enough for a top side like Arsenal.

But when you make a post like that, you should be backing it with valid points rather than saying "It was my opinion".

I dont know how anyone can say that about Song. He is better than Mikel and one of the best DM in the league.

And yes Chelsea are in worse position than Arsenal. FFP kicks in next season and Chelsea have a lot of work to do to break even and to add to that your key players are not young. Lampard is 33 and is the key player. With out you struggle. Simple as that.

But when you make a post like that, you should be backing it with valid points rather than saying "It was my opinion".

I dont know how anyone can say that about Song. He is better than Mikel and one of the best DM in the league.

And yes Chelsea are in worse position than Arsenal. FFP kicks in next season and Chelsea have a lot of work to do to break even and to add to that your key players are not young. Lampard is 33 and is the key player. With out you struggle. Simple as that.

I made my points did i not?? Song is not a destroyer and when did i say Mikel was better?? Do you really think Chelsea would have spend 70+million if they knew they wouldnt be able to play in the CL?? They either have somthing in the pipeline either a sponsorship deal or they have a loophole in the rule (lets be honest its Uefa so there is proberly one). Every year the same Chelsea's players are old comes out and every year we prove the critics wrong. I wouldnt say Lampard is our key player either, i would say Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba are our key players.

And as i said i made my points:
GK: Szczenedy(sp) could very well become a world class keeper but Arsenal need a proven keeper and have done for years.
DL: Clichy dosent offer enough both attackinly and defensivly for me, he is caught out too many times
DC: Someone to back up Djourou and Vermalen or even better than one of them.
DM: Song has improved but no way is he good enough for a top side like Arsenal
ST: Van Persie is excellent but is made of paper, both Chamakh and Bendtner are useless and they need another proven goalscorer.

Is that good enough for you?

I made my points did i not?? Song is not a destroyer and when did i say Mikel was better?? Do you really think Chelsea would have spend 70+million if they knew they wouldnt be able to play in the CL?? They either have somthing in the pipeline either a sponsorship deal or they have a loophole in the rule (lets be honest its Uefa so there is proberly one). Every year the same Chelsea's players are old comes out and every year we prove the critics wrong. I wouldnt say Lampard is our key player either, i would say Cech, Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba are our key players.

And as i said i made my points:
GK: Szczenedy(sp) could very well become a world class keeper but Arsenal need a proven keeper and have done for years.
DL: Clichy dosent offer enough both attackinly and defensivly for me, he is caught out too many times
DC: Someone to back up Djourou and Vermalen or even better than one of them.
DM: Song has improved but no way is he good enough for a top side like Arsenal
ST: Van Persie is excellent but is made of paper, both Chamakh and Bendtner are useless and they need another proven goalscorer.

Is that good enough for you?

Well you didn't back it up when you made first 2 posts.

Mikel plays for Chelsea, and Song is so much better than him and easily good enough to play for Arsenal side. Infact he is good enough for top 4 sides.

That young keeper looked very promising, I dont think they need to sign anyone. Madrid didn't when they had Casillas, Juve signed young Buffon. Players learn from their mistakes and by playing. That young GK looks good enough. He makes odd mistake but also comes up with some very good saves. He will only improve though.

They have got good enough CBs, Verma, Djourou, Kos. They only lack 4th choice CB

DM and ST is not at all a problem for them. Song is criminally underrated here.

Really Arsene?? I would say you need 5 new players. A GK,DL,DC,DM and a ST.

I would say if you think we need 5 new players to put in a strong title challenge then you are crazy. Really, we need just 2, 3 maximum.

Well you didn't back it up when you made first 2 posts.

Mikel plays for Chelsea, and Song is so much better than him and easily good enough to play for Arsenal side. Infact he is good enough for top 4 sides.

That young keeper looked very promising, I dont think they need to sign anyone. Madrid didn't when they had Casillas, Juve signed young Buffon. Players learn from their mistakes and by playing. That young GK looks good enough. He makes odd mistake but also comes up with some very good saves. He will only improve though.

They have got good enough CBs, Verma, Djourou, Kos. They only lack 4th choice CB

DM and ST is not at all a problem for them. Song is criminally underrated here.

I could say Mikel is underrated on here too? Also you say Mikel plays for Chelsea but he is only a back-up player. When fit its Essien, Ramires and Lampard first choice. You keep making excuses for Arsenal which is fine but somthings wrong isent it??

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I would say if you think we need 5 new players to put in a strong title challenge then you are crazy. Really, we need just 2, 3 maximum.

Its my opinion, that dont make me crazy. I see flaws in the Arsenal side and i think my points are valid.

I could say Mikel is underrated on here too? Also you say Mikel plays for Chelsea but he is only a back-up player. When fit its Essien, Ramires and Lampard first choice. You keep making excuses for Arsenal which is fine but somthings wrong isent it??

Last season Mikel was regular for Chelsea isn't it. I'm not making excuses, I'm just posting my opinion. Arsenal lack calm head on the field who can hold it together. Apart from that there is nothing much wrong with the team..

Last season Mikel was regular for Chelsea isn't it. I'm not making excuses, I'm just posting my opinion. Arsenal lack calm head on the field who can hold it together. Apart from that there is nothing much wrong with the team..

Mikel has never really been a first team regular at Chelsea, he has been here since 2006 and only made around 160 appearences. So you dont think they need another striker for when RVP is out injured?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Opinions can be crazy.

Its an opinion that im sure many would share.

Mikel has never really been a first team regular at Chelsea, he has been here since 2006 and only made around 160 appearences. So you dont think they need another striker for when RVP is out injured?

Not really. Chamakh had a good start and will get better - his first season in England and he played non-stop until Christmas so has been exhausted and then hasn't played enough.

There's not a huge amount wrong with Bendtner.. If you stick a big man like him on the wing, he's inevitably not going to excel.

Also - when RvP's out, other players take the scoring duties - last season it was Fabregas, this season it's been Nasri and Walcott. We don't need another ST IMO.

Its an opinion that im sure many would share.

lol - clearly not a lot of people do judging by the responses..

\.

Mikel made 25 league appearances, very high for back up player.

Yes they need a back up for RVP. Not the replacement. Chamakh did well in the first half of the season, if they can get some decent back up then that position will be sorted. Its not like its the high priority for them. They need a back up for RB and LB and a proper left winger as i dont think Arshavin is arsed to put in a decent shift.

Yes they need a back up for RVP. Not the replacement. Chamakh did well in the first half of the season, if they can get some decent back up then that position will be sorted. Its not like its the high priority for them. They need a back up for RB and LB and a proper left winger as i dont think Arshavin is arsed to put in a decent shift.

Ironically he's been much better at tracking back than Nasri recently.

Clearly he didn't like being dropped and has responded really well.

Not really. Chamakh had a good start and will get better - his first season in England and he played non-stop until Christmas so has been exhausted and then hasn't played enough.

There's not a huge amount wrong with Bendtner.. If you stick a big man like him on the wing, he's inevitably not going to excel.

Also - when RvP's out, other players take the scoring duties - last season it was Fabregas, this season it's been Nasri and Walcott. We don't need another ST IMO.

lol - clearly not a lot of people do judging by the responses..

Maybe on here yer, like i say people are nearly suggesting there is nothing wrong with Arsenal but obviously there is and that is what i think. Chamakh might improve but its all guesswork, you do struggle without RVP for goals and Bendtner is not good enough for Arsenal not at all. Hes ego is bigger than his talent.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

25 is not that high of a number for a 16million pound player really is it.

Ironically he's been much better at tracking back than Nasri recently.

Clearly he didn't like being dropped and has responded really well.

He is unpredictable. I wont trust him. He will track back and all of a sudden loses interest and just give it up. Arshavin is a luxury player. He is pain in the *** for team he plays and also the opposition as other players need to put in extra shift when he turns off and as a opponent i wont be knowing what to expect next from him..

Imo, you lack a proper left winger who can provide decent protection to Clichy..

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

25 is not that high of a number for a 16million pound player really is it.
[/QUOTE]

25 league appearance is quite a lot for a back up player. And Song made 26 appearances. And Song is much better than Mikel in every possible way.

Mikel has played in 65% of the league games, which is a lot for so called back up player isn't it..

IMO someone to back up song that isn't Diaby, he just dosen't seem to get that role 8/10 times he plays it. Get rid of Bendtner and replace with a striker that can score atleast 10 goals a season, minimum. A new LB as Clichy just dosen't offer enough in defence and cant exactly boast a huge attacking threat either. Perhaps someone to back-up Sagna at RB as I wouldn't mind Eboue being shown the door. Do this and perhaps Arsenal will mount a more serious threat.

He is unpredictable. I wont trust him. He will track back and all of a sudden loses interest and just give it up. Arshavin is a luxury player. He is pain in the *** for team he plays and also the opposition as other players need to put in extra shift when he turns off and as a opponent i wont be knowing what to expect next from him..

Imo, you lack a proper left winger who can provide decent protection to Clichy..

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

25 league appearance is quite a lot for a back up player. And Song made 26 appearances. And Song is much better than Mikel in every possible way.

Mikel has played in 65% of the league games, which is a lot for so called back up player isn't it..[/QUOTE]

YEah I completely agree about Arshavin. Not making excuses for him - just interesting how he responded to being dropped.

I think Sakho would be a great signing, with his verstility and leadership qualities. I've never seen a cb pairing with 2 lefties though, and obviously it would be a bit harsh on Koscielny and Djourou if they signed another cb. Would Sakho be good enough to command the left back spot? I'm not sure that he is technically good enough...

I missed this post. I have watched very few games of his, that too in Europa league He looked class. I would say he would be an improvement over the current Arsenal CBs, he is a monster. IMO he would be wasted as a LB as i dont think he has the pace to cover both attacking and defense.(I mentioned pace as while attacking there will be times when you are caught out positionally and you should be quick enough to regain your position).

He is very good as a CB, if they sign him it would be a lot better if he is played as a CB. I think he needs a pacy CB as a partner as he is not quick enough and with the high line Arsenal plays, he will be caught lot of times.

Mikel has played in 65% of the league games, which is a lot for so called back up player isn't it..[/QUOTE]

Mikel has played 24 league games and made 1482 successful passes (excluding today)
Song has played 26 league games and made 1410 successful passes

You think people underrate Song well i would say you underrate Mikel.

Oh harro, a thread in which to debate Arsenal. Nuffin' I like more.

Mikel has played 24 league games and made 1482 successful passes (excluding today)
Song has played 26 league games and made 1410 successful passes

You think people underrate Song well i would say you underrate Mikel.

Since when does passes necessarily = a better player? Mikel's job is incredibly simple: win the ball, lay it off. That's all he ever does. Song's role is much more expansive. He makes forward runs, combines with Fabregas and Wilshere, and tries ambitious passes from time to time. Comparing the two based purely on passing is pretty ridiculous.

And yeah, maybe people underrate Mikel, but I think there's little doubt in the majority of people's minds that Song is the superior player. He's much more rounded, for a start.

Song is definitely the more rounded player

Joss, Calum is right about a poacher being needed, but perhaps not in the way he means. Considering you play a false nine, your finishers are effectively the wide players, and they need to be fairly consistent with the goals, something thats not always happened. you need a wide constant finisher, who will get into the box a lot to finish what RVP and Fab create.