Arsene's Revenge - Getting Chelsea Relegated

chensta

Reaction score
View attachment 214945

Hi everyone,

Well I had a manager story going with Arsenal, (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...178-wenger-ball-success-arsenal-deserves.html) but it turned out in my first season, I won the quadruple (champions league, premier league, fa cup and league cup).

View attachment 216213

My team is also filled with so much young talent, I feel like we will be dominating for the next 5-10 years, so I needed another focus to keep the save going.

I absolutely despise Chelsea, their players (with some exceptions), their fans, their philosophy and most of all, Mourinho.

So I am going to use my football manager save as a way to vent my anger.

I am going to do whatever it takes to see Chelsea relegated and Mourinho sacked!

Not only will it be greatly satisfying, it would be pretty interesting to see if such a huge behemoth of a team such as Chelsea with their unlimited funding could even fall that far.

My rough plan is as follows:

Stage one - War preparations
  • Establish dominance in the premier league.
  • Secure a lot of the top young talents in the world.
  • Start saving up a "war chest" to take Chelsea down
  • Do my utter best to beat Chelsea every game

Stage two - Shots fired

• Start loaning out as many of my young talents as possible to other premier league teams, hoping they can help take few points from Chelsea
  • Monitor all Chelsea players for their happiness
  • If any players are unhappy, start messing with them by declaring interest.
  • Start buying out Chelsea players if the deal is right and loan them out (young players) or sell to foreign clubs (senior).

Stage three - The low blow

• Hit Chelsea when they are low. There will be a season where they finish low or even midtable, alot of the players will get restless not having Champions League football and this is when I will strike with the bulk of my War Chest.
  • I will focus on one area that Chelsea is already thin on, such as Defence or Midfielders and I will try to pry away as many of them as possible in the final 2-3 weeks before transfer window closes giving them minimal time to find replacements.

Stage four - The end game

• It's hard to see this far into the future, depending on where Chelsea is at, I will see what else I can do to push them over the relegation line.
It's going to be a long battle, but I am looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Haha, I've always loved these kind of battles, had a few of 'em myself throughout the FM instalments. Best of luck mate, not personally a huge fan of Chelsea anyway, so all's good, and I'll be sure to follow.

My Warriors

My first team and my up and coming young stars in reserves. Most of them are currently out on loans. Next season my focus will be forcing them into other Premier League sides!

View attachment 216186

View attachment 216185

P.S How do I get the images to show up larger in my posts? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hilarious idea, looking forward to seeing CFC in the championship! :D

once you have uploaded the images double click on them and you can change the size and where they appear

I just bought Hazard from Chelsea

Okay, since the start of this save, I have been peppering Chelsea's top players with 'declare interest' and offers. Chelsea and Mourinho has been firm and not responded well to any of my offers....until now.

I was just doing my bi-weekly review of Chelsea players and saw that Hazard was slightly unhappy about the treatment of one of the Chelsea players...not much to go on, but I decided to try and instigate a move...

And we got him boys...for a hefty price tag.

20 mill upfront
70 mill over 4 years
about 10 mill in bonuses depending on appearances and such

View attachment 216175

Overall, it took about 40 mill out of my next seasons Transfer budget (80 mill), so I still have plenty left over. And with the way my squad is going right now, I see no real need to buy any other players, except to screw with Chelsea!

View attachment 216174

What do you guys think?

Hopefully the loss of Hazard will also create some discontent among the other players and the board as well!

Things are going to plan

So we ended the Premier League season as invincibles, in just our second season in charge.
View attachment 216147View attachment 216146

As fate would have it, we had 3 Chelsea games to close the season and 3 very important games.

1) Premier league game to make sure Chelsea end up 6th in the league.
2) FA Cup
3) Champions League Final to ensure they don't qualify for next season! Which will hugely assist in me taking Chelsea players!

View attachment 216145

Orgasmic end...

So our first season on the long road to Chelsea relegation couldn't have ended up better....

Grabbing Hazard for next season....

Beating them in one of the last matches of the Premier League season to make sure they end up 6th

Beating them in the FA Cup Final...

Beating them in the Champions League final 5-3 to make sure they don't have Champions League football next season

View attachment 216142

...and to top it all off...Mourinho is SACKED!

View attachment 216141

View attachment 216140
View attachment 216139

Now I almost feel sorry for them...but I must stay firm! It's time to kick them while they are down!

Not really my kind of save (I prefer to stay clear of the big clubs), but as a fellow Gunners fan I wholeheartedly support your noble purpose! :p

Not really my kind of save (I prefer to stay clear of the big clubs), but as a fellow Gunners fan I wholeheartedly support your noble purpose! :p

Cheers buddy! Will try do you proud :)

During the transfer window, I tried to snap up what's remaining of Chelsea's stars.
  • Oscar $100 mill plus and still not selling
  • Zouma $80 mill
  • Courtoius $120 mill plus and still not selling
I decided getting Zouma was just not worthwhile for that amount of cash.

However I did cause a lot of chaos in his dressing room and upset quite a few of them as they wanted to leave Chelsea for champions league football.

View attachment 215389

However during the last 2 days of the transfer window, I managed to pick up Cahill for cheap and Brunos Martin Indi

And with John Terry retiring the previous season, they are quite thin defensively.

In the last 5 hours of the transfer deadline they, they were about to sign Balanta, I had to hijack the deal for $20 mill to ensure their defense remains weak till at least January.

Here is the final state of the Transfer window for Chelsea, they lost quite a few players.

View attachment 215387

Last edited:
i support chelsea but this is really interesting to read
Thanks buddy! It's been fun. Maybe you should try to get Arsenal relegated and we can see who can get the other team relagated first lol!

As a Man United fan, I've got to say I've never been more excited to see someone emulating what is happening in real life to Chelsea, get them Blues relegated!!

2016 Mid Season Update.

View attachment 214935View attachment 214936So we are currently sitting comfortably at the top of the table. Cech has been injured for the last 4 weeks or so and our defense has been a bit leaky, but we are simply outscoring all of our oppositions including some huge wins against top sides.
View attachment 214934

Chelsea started the season very poorly and was at one stage 12th in the league, however they are starting to pick up some solid wins, but still sit 7th in the table.

Their squad is still quite thin, so it will be interesting to see how they approach the January transfer window.

Overall, things are going well, if we can keep Chelsea out of Champions League football for another season, I think they will likely lose some more of their top players and will find it hard to retain any talent in the near future. Manchester United has already been sniffing around for Oscar.

I will probably make a play for Courtois in 2 seasons time, as Cech is still doing a mighty fine job! I can't justify spending the money on Courtois just yet.

View attachment 214933

Sanchez!

In some super exciting news...our Alexis Sanchez has won the ballon d'or!

Breaking the Monopoly of Messi and Cristiano for the first time in many years!
View attachment 214930

Chelsea in trouble

Okay, just finished my 3rd season and Chelsea is in some serious trouble!

Meanwhile, we have continued our total domination of the league

View attachment 214882

We have 3 join top scorers on 26 goals, which is incredible. 2 of these happen to be Arsenal players! Hazard showed poor form coming in at equal 4th with a measly 24 goals in his first season at Arsenal!

In terms of assists, we again dominated, with the top 3, with Ozil toping it off with 19 assists!

View attachment 214881

Meanwhile, last season Chelsea lost a ton of talent!

View attachment 214879

Oh, did I mention, their replacement for Mourinho, Klopp was also fired after a season, poor fella, I actually really like Klopp, unfortunately he got caught in the wrong job at the wrong time!

Last edited:
We have signed the legend

So...we had about 100 mill transfer budget for the new season. With no clear weakness in the side, I thought I will blow it on something crazy...Messi.

They say Neymar is the next Messi...and well I have Gabby Barbosa, which they say is the next Neymar, so I figured while my Next-Neymar-Which-Is-The-Next-Messi is growing up, why not just bag Messi himself?

With Arsenal's impressive performances in the last 3 seasons, Arsenal is now the 3rd most reputable team in the world, so I thought I had a shot of getting the man.

After alot of negotiation and back and forth, here is the deal.

40 million pounds upfront and 90 (NINETY!) million pounds over 48 months...taking the deal to 130 million pounds, holy ****!

Getting the transfer acceptance is only the first step, the next trick is getting Messi to agree to a contract...and this is what we settled on.

View attachment 214875
View attachment 214874

I really really hope he doesn't suffer like a season long injury in his first game...and knowing how Arsenal is...I am a bit nervous :)

Anyway, I am very keen to see how Messi will perform.

Right now we have Ozil sending magical throughballs to the likes of Sanchez, Hazard and Messi...christ this will be fun!

2 more days till the community shield and things are looking very promising.​

My attacking trio of Hazard, Messi and Sanchez is working together nicely.

Chelsea is currently taking offers for Oscar and Zouma, unfortunately with my Messi purchase I don't think I can afford to take them, however whoever gets them, I think it will put Chelsea in a very tough position.

I have been monitoring their transfers and see a lot of average replacements, 2-2.5 star players in defensive and midfield positions. But they certainly won't be replacing the key stars Chelsea are losing.

1) Hazard
2) Fabregas
3) Cahill
4) Willian
5) Diego Costa
6) Ramires
7) Potentially Oscar
8) Potentially Zouma

Next season I plan to go in for Courtois to replace my Cech

So where do you guys think Chelsea will finish this season?

Last edited: