Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

My laptop gets really hot, when its on my knee and overheats and turns off, Im going to buy a cooler pad thingy but

a) Can you link me to a site that sells cooling things.

b) Is there anything else I can do?

My laptop gets really hot, when its on my knee and overheats and turns off, Im going to buy a cooler pad thingy but

a) Can you link me to a site that sells cooling things.

b) Is there anything else I can do?

Could get either of these (plenty of others on the market):
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laptop-Notebook-Gel-Cooling-Pad/dp/B000SDHGTW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293902251&sr=8-3"]Laptop/Notebook Gel Cooling Pad: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-N100-Laptop-Notebook-Cooling/dp/B001USTPT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293902251&sr=8-1"]Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

cool mate cheers and what about new patches how they work and updates can you get them even tho the games on steam

steam automatically updates your game to the most up to date official patch

hi
ive got a netbook and any time i download a FM game it doesnt work
ive tryed 2008,2009,2010 Demo,2011 Demo and 2011 and they all dont work
help anyone

Will a iMac 27inch be good for fm 2011. BTW its the brand new one:)

Will a iMac 27inch be good for fm 2011. BTW its the brand new one:)

Assuming you go for the standard settings with 3,06-GHz Intel Core i3 you will be playing many games pretty well, including this one. The other options you have is i5 and i7. Not sure what graphic card you will take (the ATI 256mb or 512mb?). If you have the 256mb your 3d might be a lil sluggish unless you set it a lower standard. For the rest, all specs that in the standard package are ok to have a lot of fun with FM11

hi when i put my fm 2011 disc in my laptop i simply have no clue what to do next i am expecting it just to work ?
what shall i do ?

erm, doesn't it bring up autorun or something? like the installation process?

Hi guys have decided to pack in my terrible terrible laptop as i want to enjoy FM11 with more playable leagues and full 3d matches as it was intended to be played!

Would just like to know what i should be looking for when buying a new one seen a couple on pc world around the £400 like

This is one of the better finds but a little over £400

HP G56-130SA Laptop

• Intel® Pentium® T4500 (2.3 GHz)
  • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • Memory: 4GB
  • 500GB
  • DVD writer

This is one of the better priced but less powerful finds

ADVENT Modena M201 - Red Laptop

• Intel® Celeron® T3500 (2.1 GHz)
  • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
  • Memory: 3GB
  • 320GB
  • DVD writer
Just looking for some general feedback to what i will get out of these kind of spec's thanks

Steve

hi when i put my fm 2011 disc in my laptop i simply have no clue what to do next i am expecting it just to work ?
what shall i do ?

When no autorun pops up. Go to your Computer ----> your disc drive, normally D: --> Browse to something like Setup.exe or Launcher like this:

4884115.png

4884125.png

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

This would run FM pretty well would it not?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-5597.aspx

Harddrive space, RAM, processing speeds and some other specs look great. When i looked further (on your link i didn't see 3d specs or videocard specs) i found this. So i don't think you will get any problems at all :)

The Dell Inspiron 1545 notebook's processing potential was demonstrated in our benchmark tests. When we ran the WorldBench 6 application suite, the Inspiron 1545 achieved an overall score of 85. This makes the Inspiron 1545 laptop suitable for almost any office application, along with multitasking and some sony np-f970 battery photo/video editing. In our Blender 3D test, the Inspiron 1545 recorded a time of 1min 27sec, while our iTunes MP3 encoding test took just 1min 21sec to complete. These are all impressive results for a sub-£500 notebook.

EDIT: Please note....i was on the brink of buying Dell last year. But went for HP instead. I only read negative comment after negative comment when it comes to customer service by Dell. Also note that Dell isn't sold on shops, so whenever you need to send it back for what reason you will not have your laptop for many weeks before they ship it back !

Last edited:
I'm having major problems running FM, Everytime I run it the fan on my laptop goes really quick, my computer goes really hot and shuts down, I have a cooling mat thing which makes it better, but I can't run FM for more than an hour without my laptop shutting down. Any ideas?

I'm having major problems running FM, Everytime I run it the fan on my laptop goes really quick, my computer goes really hot and shuts down, I have a cooling mat thing which makes it better, but I can't run FM for more than an hour without my laptop shutting down. Any ideas?

You should take it to a store mate, maybe it is full of dust like mine was ..

you can clean the fan out yourself. Most of the time you just have to take off the back with 10 screws or so (don't lose them). What i remember from my old laptop you can take the fan out with sliding 2 wires out of the connection and then wash it up yourself. Something like this:

ACER-5620Z-Fan.jpg

Cooler-Fan-for-Laptop-Acer-6920G-.jpg

Just keep the wire dry. Or use a vacuum cleaner (while it's out your laptop).

from now on, if you want to ask about whether this laptop or that desktop is a good deal, or if it would be suitable to run fm or any other game, ask in here.

This will stop the football manager discussion forums from getting clogged up with threads that aren't really anything to do with the game.

Subsequent laptop/desktop threads will be closed.

:)
when i try to load fm 2010 i keep getting xml parsing error message can you help me sort this out plz

I know it's got nothing to do with Football manager, but how do I change my Recycle Bin Icon? I can change the other Icons but it's not the same for the Bin.

Can anyone recommend a good laptop cooling pad? I have a Samsung Q310.