Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

dont nkow where to put this but my game keeps goin funny but then next time is fine says not responding

From now on, if you want to ask about whether this laptop or that desktop is a good deal, or if it would be suitable to run FM or any other game, ask in here.

This will stop the Football Manager discussion forums from getting clogged up with threads that aren't really anything to do with the game.

Subsequent laptop/desktop threads will be closed.

:)
any suggestions as to my system spec?
cheerz

its probably already been explained and plus im poor at this download stuff but, where do i put the downloads of skins and transfer updates on the mac?

thanks for any help

Desktop question:

I have loads of files etc on my Desktop, and it won't let me delete them as my Dad's the administrator, and his user is blocked as their's some problem with it, so does anyone know any way I can delete the folders?

I'm looking for a new laptop as mine is due to explode very soon. I'd imagine 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive would be great to run a few leagues, but what about graphics? The laptop I'm looking at right now has those specifications up there and an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M - is that one good enough for FM and say the Sims?

From now on, if you want to ask about whether this laptop or that desktop is a good deal, or if it would be suitable to run FM or any other game, ask in here.

This will stop the Football Manager discussion forums from getting clogged up with threads that aren't really anything to do with the game.

Subsequent laptop/desktop threads will be closed.

:)
Is the new jan 2011 transfer updates available on Mac?

If so how do i go about getting it?

I'm looking for a new laptop as mine is due to explode very soon. I'd imagine 4GB RAM and 500GB hard drive would be great to run a few leagues, but what about graphics? The laptop I'm looking at right now has those specifications up there and an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M - is that one good enough for FM and say the Sims?
I believe that the Intel media graphics accelerator 4500M is an ingtegrated graphics card which means that it is part of the main processor and uses up RAM, you would be better off finding one with a dedicated graphics card as these are much better. But 4GB of RAM and a 500GB is good enough.

I am currently looking at buying a laptop and i am not sure if it will run football manager 2011 and other games such as world of warcraft. I have always had a desktop pc.

The laptop is a dell vostro 1520 i can buy it for £250

here is the specs

Processor - Intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0GHz
Memory - 2GB
Hard drive - 200GB HDD
Screen - 15.4"
Graphics - Nvidia Geforce 9300m GS
Driver - DVD-RW
Operating system - windows vista home premium
USB Ports - 4

Thank you for any help that can be given,

Carl

Hi all,

Could someone with better computer knowledge help me please? I’ve got a max of £500 to spend on a laptop, the specs required for are fm 2011 and internet usage and burning DVD’s.

Prefer to buy from Comet, Curry's or PC World as I have some vouchers that would go towards it

Many Thanks

Gaz

Whats this one like for £427.50?

Brand: ACER
Processor: Intel Core i3
Processor model number: 380M
Processor speed: 2.53 GHz
Processor bus: 1066 MHz
Memory (RAM): 4 GB
Storage (hard drive): 500 GB
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
Graphics detail: ATI mobilityradeon 5470

Hi all,

Could someone with better computer knowledge help me please? I’ve got a max of £500 to spend on a laptop, the specs required for are fm 2011 and internet usage and burning DVD’s.

Prefer to buy from Comet, Curry's or PC World as I have some vouchers that would go towards it

Many Thanks

Gaz

Whats this one like for £427.50?

Brand: ACER
Processor: Intel Core i3
Processor model number: 380M
Processor speed: 2.53 GHz
Processor bus: 1066 MHz
Memory (RAM): 4 GB
Storage (hard drive): 500 GB
Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
Graphics detail: ATI mobilityradeon 5470

Should run FM 2011 no problems, for that price you will struggle to find a laptop with significantly higher specs.

I am currently looking at buying a laptop and i am not sure if it will run football manager 2011 and other games such as world of warcraft. I have always had a desktop pc.

The laptop is a dell vostro 1520 i can buy it for £250

here is the specs

Processor - Intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0GHz
Memory - 2GB
Hard drive - 200GB HDD
Screen - 15.4"
Graphics - Nvidia Geforce 9300m GS
Driver - DVD-RW
Operating system - windows vista home premium
USB Ports - 4

Thank you for any help that can be given,

Carl

That will run FM fine, but you may struggle with WoW on the higher graphics settings.

The link doesn't work for me, just takes me to Sony's homepage. A pro is build quality and reliability, a con is that because it's a Sony, you will be able to find systems with similar specs for a lot less.

can you use the game on an advent 4211? I can install but not launch! cheers

I have only just downloaded via steam, but i cant seem to find were the program files are.. Editor Database, Tactics etc... to download of this site to. Any one help?

What could cause a PC to crash all the time?

try cleaning the PC out if you have not already, could be because of dust and blocking the fans from making the air circulate. Or it could be a hardware problem, although i am no expert on computers.

try cleaning the pc out and see if that makes a difference.

My mate gave me his fm disc ( he uses steam) but when I go to My computer and click on the drive to install it nothing happens, anyone explain how to sort this?

Windows Explorer is not responding.
Now I can't change volume, have to alt+tab between windows.

Any help?