Ask all your laptop/desktop questions here

It would do OK. It would only be good for a handful of leagues IMO.

Anybody built their own PC here? I'd love to have a class desktop PC but aint really got the room for one these days :'(

how come the new january update hasent been downloaded on my computer even know i run football manager via steam and should be downloaded automatically ?? :S

Editor

I have a technical issue regarding the editor that I hope you can help me with. After I click on the icon to open it, it opens with no problems whatsoever. However, when I try to load up the in-game database to edit it (remove debts, create people etc) it loads so about 95% of the 'loading bar' is full, but will not finish loading it. Even after 20 minutes, it stays as described. What can the issue be and how do I solve it?

Hi i had a netbook called advent 4213 and it ran fm fine it was : INTEL ATOM PROCESSOR N270 1024MB DDR2, 160GB HARD DRIVE AND INTEGRATED GRAPHICS CARD SADLY ITS BROKEN AND I NEED A NEW 1 BUT IM GETTING A CHEAP LAPTOP THIS TIME AND IT MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY FM CAN ANYONE CHECK THESE LINKS FOR ME AND TELL ME WHICH 1 WOULD BE BETTER FOR PLAYING IT.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-modena-m201-refurbished-laptop-blue-08527248-pdt.html

OR

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-modena-m100-refurbished-laptop-07586199-pdt.html

ASWELL AS BEING ABLE TO HANDLE BASIC NEEDS THANKS

are windows 7 laptops generally the better of laptops to get because thats the type im getting!? (H)​

It doesn't matter if u have windows7 or not.:S
It matters if u have a fast processor and a good graphic card.
Look; i have intel core i7, & Ati radeon 5730 HD 1GB---> that means i have a good/fast laptop.
If u have intel core duo & your graphic card isn't HD and your graphic card has a low memory---> You have a slower performance.

But at the most times Windows7 has great Graphics;)

Hello everyone i have installed the FM 2011 but i my laptop always shut down when i am watching the match. i have bought the game 3 days ago and since then i havent achieved to watch one match.
i would be grateful if anyone can help me!
Thanks

Basically my n key on my laptop has stopped working. If I can get it to work it will appear as if it has jammed and will type something like nnnnnnnnnnnn until I press backspace. Any solutions for this?

P.S, I had to use the on screen keyboard to type this.....

Hello everyone i have installed the FM 2011 but i my laptop always shut down when i am watching the match. i have bought the game 3 days ago and since then i havent achieved to watch one match.
i would be grateful if anyone can help me!
Thanks
I think it may be overheating.
I recommend you buy a Laptop cooler.
Highly recommend this hasnt let me down yet and is cheap.

i have bought a cooler but the result is the same..i dont know thw whole game works till the match starts

So, the laptop I currently have is around 4 years old I think? And it's just started to overheat pretty often, well overheat more then it ever has and I'm not fully sure why?

I only ever have fm & Internet up, and don't use it for much else.

Any ideas what it could be? Or what I can do..

i have a question for comp professionals...

how many leagues would be optimal for me to load, i would like to play a save for 20-30 yrs...

intelcore 2 duo cpu
e7200 @ 2.53 ghz
2.53 ghz, 2.00 gb of ram

tnx

Got a general question and was wondering if anyone could advise me with which laptop to buy.

I'm looking to purchase a laptop between £200-600 which will be powerful enough to run games efficiently and have more than 150gb of memory and preferably more than 3gb of RAM.

Been looking at the Dell inspiron M101z but was wondering if anyone had any better recommendations.

Will be very grateful for any help.

Cheers

I am going to get a new pc laptop to play FM11 and store all my FM files etc also maybe do a bit of kit editing . I was wondering if this laptop would be good enough for the job ,
Processor
Alienware M15x Gaming Laptop - Cosmic Black
Memory
3072MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]
Keyboard
Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
Video Card
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT240M graphics card
Hard Drive
160GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
Microsoft Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- English
Optical Devices
DVD+/-RW (DVD, CD read and write) Slot Load Drive
Wireless Networking
Intel® WiFi Link 5300 a/g/n Wireless LAN card

any advice would be great as I'm a bit clueless with Pc spec's etc

@Geordie i would really think so how much leagues would you want and stars?

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

So, the laptop I currently have is around 4 years old I think? And it's just started to overheat pretty often, well overheat more then it ever has and I'm not fully sure why?

I only ever have fm & Internet up, and don't use it for much else.

Any ideas what it could be? Or what I can do..

Mine does this all the time! :mad:

You tried sitting it on some books and letting it get air under it? that does it for mine, still pretty loud though.

I am going to get a new pc laptop to play FM11 and store all my FM files etc also maybe do a bit of kit editing . I was wondering if this laptop would be good enough for the job ,
Processor
Alienware M15x Gaming Laptop - Cosmic Black
Memory
3072MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]
Keyboard
Internal UK/Irish Qwerty Keyboard
Video Card
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GT240M graphics card
Hard Drive
160GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
Microsoft Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit- English
Optical Devices
DVD+/-RW (DVD, CD read and write) Slot Load Drive
Wireless Networking
Intel® WiFi Link 5300 a/g/n Wireless LAN card

any advice would be great as I'm a bit clueless with Pc spec's etc

Any alienware system will cope jsut fine with FM, but it will also be massively overpriced.

Can anybody help me? I put my FM 2011 disk in to install it and I click Auto-run and nothing happens, If I go to my computer and click on the disk it does the same thing :\ really starting to annoy me now as no body seems to have the same problem on the internet and I was searching for a good 3 hours yesterday to try and solve the problem!