Ask UNCLE MAD (UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S)

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 83K
Has anybody ever used this guy (GUIDETTI)? Usually he's free second season:

JJo8evV.jpg

Since this thread offers A LOT of helpful tactical information, I figured it's the best place to ask a question...
It is advisable to have an Anchorman man mark the opposition AMC? (I tend to think no)
Also, in the last 10-15 min of a hard game when I lead and I play contain, is a problem in playing with 2-3 Anchormen?

Last edited:
Since this thread offers A LOT of helpful tactical information, I figured it's the best place to ask a question...
It is advisable to have an Anchorman man mark the opposition AMC? (I tend to think no)
Also, in the last 10-15 min of a hard game when I lead and I play contain, is a problem in playing with 2-3 Anchormans?

There should be no problem with playing multiple anchormen, as long as your players are used to the tactic, and you have the personnel for it. However, do be aware that going full blown defensive can often backfire. If you're trying to defend a lead, maintain a balance. Retain possession, waste time, but also have a couple of attacking players. This will prevent the opposition defence from pressing down too deeply on you, and you can stretch their defence, and try to counter, especially if you have some fast players.

Scroll back in this thread, IIRC, there was a post regarding defending a lead..

Has anybody ever used this guy (GUIDETTI)? Usually he's free second season:

I picked him up but never really played him my intention was always a resell but with my current striking issues Im starting to think he may have been useful...

Bumped for anybody out there in search of ideas/suggestions ...

Oh, and your UNCLE MAD wishes you a happy 2015!

Bump. A post about setting up scouting networks would be nice, even for top clubs. I set my Chief Scout to do that, and his instructions cause me to miss so many potential players..

Bump. A post about setting up scouting networks would be nice, even for top clubs. I set my Chief Scout to do that, and his instructions cause me to miss so many potential players..

Have the same issue mate but the way I play FM usually Im not that bothered. But Ill try to find you a link to something.

My lazy approach is to setup scouts in regions and select on-going and then select for some nations and also set as on-going... That way they are always there and dont have to redo the assignments when they finish...

Not efficient but does the job...

Fleet Street, no ****!

A Very Modern Tale
Despite Real Madrid rejecting any talk of a move for Gareth Bale to Manchester United, that certainly hasn't put off the Daily Telegraph, who tweeted on Wednesday morning: 'Could Van Gaal finally land Bale for £117m?' Yes, this one is still running too.

Now, we're not saying that the Telegraph would run this 'news' just in order to harbour the delicious clicks, but let's examine their story, headlined 'Man Utd transfers: Manchester United launch £117m bid for Gareth Bale and are even linked with Lionel Messi'. Somewhere, an SEO box is ticked thrice in red pen.

'Manchester United are believed to have offered Real Madrid £117 million for Gareth Bale as the Welshman weighs up whether or not to leave the La Liga giants' it reads. So an offer has been made.

'Real are even thought to be ready to accept the offer from United', they continue. And that offer may well be accepted. 'The Metro reports that Bale has been targeted by United for a summer transfer, with Louis van Gaal looking to add a quality wide man.'

Ah, so the Telegraph have simply used the Metro, that bastion of transfer rumour accuracy. Here is the Metro's headline on the story: 'Manchester United 'make £117m Gareth Bale offer as he considers quitting Real Madrid''. You will notice the inverted commas.

'Manchester United are believed to have offered £117million for Gareth Bale as the Welshman weighs up quitting Real Madrid,' the Metro write. 'Madrid are thought to be ready to accept an offer from United, and reports in Spain suggest they have offered £117million for Bale.'

So this isn't even the Metro's story. The 'reports in Spain' they quote are actually fichajes.net, a Spanish transfer rumour website whose other big punt today is that Liverpool will buy Ross Barkley from Everton.

Take a story from a questionable transfer website, run it through a free newspaper with a reputation for wild transfer claims and then rely on a broadsheet to seek some quick wins by gulping it all down. Welcome to the future.

Be the boss!

Do not sell players because they want to leave sell them because you have decided.

A good way to do this is:

1. When a player comes to you expressing a wish to go to another (bigger?) team, in conversation tell him you'll accept any bids that will meet your valuation.
2. When the other team bids do not reject but keep negotiating wanting higher and higher amounts. And keep doing it.
3. If player comes back asking you why you rejected tell him that the bid was nowhere near what he's worth. Usually this keeps him calm. Sometimes he gets unhappy. Either way dont budge.

You only have to do the above till a particular window shuts. Once it does - provided you give the player match time - sooner/later you get media info to the effect that ".... player has decided to stay."

Last edited:
Do not sell players because they want to leave sell them because you have decided.

A good way to do this is:

1. When a player comes to you expressing a wish to go to another (bigger?) team, in conversation tell him you'll accept any bids that will meet your valuation.
2. When the other team bids reject it outright. And keep doing it.
3. If player comes back asking you why you rejected tell him that the bid was nowhere near what he's worth. Usually this keeps him calm. Sometimes he gets unhappy. Either way dont budge.

You only have to do the above till a particular window shuts. Once it does - provided you give the player match time - sooner/later you get media info to the effect that ".... player has decided to stay."

You generally can get away with other things if you have high mental stats. Just have to be careful regarding contract situation while providing replies - if there is just a year or year and a half left on his contract, then it could prove a bit risky upsetting the player. Also, asking the player if a new contract would tempt them to stay generally brings about a negative reply.

Also, for bids, sometimes it helps if you don't reject at all, but put forward a ridiculous counter offer. For e.g, PSG bid 60 M $ for Corchia. If I'm not that interested in selling him, instead of rejecting outright, I just put forward a ridiculous offer of 220 M $. PSG themselves backed off. Many times, this results in the player not getting upset.

You generally can get away with other things if you have high mental stats. Just have to be careful regarding contract situation while providing replies - if there is just a year or year and a half left on his contract, then it could prove a bit risky upsetting the player. Also, asking the player if a new contract would tempt them to stay generally brings about a negative reply.

Also, for bids, sometimes it helps if you don't reject at all, but put forward a ridiculous counter offer. For e.g, PSG bid 60 M $ for Corchia. If I'm not that interested in selling him, instead of rejecting outright, I just put forward a ridiculous offer of 220 M $. PSG themselves backed off. Many times, this results in the player not getting upset.

Very good points.

Also look at player's personality ...

Three brilliant oldies that can fire any team to trophies (and tutor your youngsters to boot!):

Thiago Neves
Dario Conca
Walter Montillo

Belatedly I ve just found out that one of my favourite young players on FM15 -Junior Malanda of Wolfsburg- died on 10/1/15 in a car accident at the age of 20.

What a waste. What a shame. RIP:'(

Last edited:
Started a Sassuolo save a couple of days ago (extremely recommended) and currently first by 10 points to Roma and in the cup final (in April 2015), mainly because of my front three players (451 with two players in the am strata and wing but playing as wingers attack): Berardi on the right, Sansone on the left and Zaza up front.

All three are awesome, scoring loads (20/21/17 actually!), playing with flair (the type of goals they score I havent seen in previous saves).

PLAYERS PART 1:

PERSONAL FAVES: PF

Pavel Savitskyi
- lw etc 250k to buy PF
Humam Tariq - AM (L) 250K to buy PF
Tore Reginiussen - CB 400K
Lucas Olaza RB, 750K
Gino Peruzzi RB/LB 3.5m PF
Fabian Noguera CB 5M PF
Vallejo CB 675k PF
Kimmich
Ante Coric (1m) AM
Borek Dockal 2m utility player
Luka Jovic
Pavel Kaderaback
RB/WB PF
Bonazolli
Gas Gil Romero 4m PF
Lucas Romero
7.5m PF
Kranevitter
4.5m
Augustin Allione
RW 7.5m PF
Mastour 1m (becomes a MONSTER)
Munir 10.75 rel clause
Adama Traore (available on cheap loan also) PF
Asensio
Samper (cheap loan also) PF
Roberts
Ademoglu 700k
Sivodedov
Adam Vass 450 K - UNMISSABLE DM
Vieux Sane 300k - UNMISSABLE CB
Thomas Drage 500k plays everywhere in mf/attack PF
Rasmus Thelander 900k CB
Robert Piris Less than 100k!
Berntsen AMR/L
David Pavelka
Damien Boudjemma (low leagues)
Peterri Forsell
Ruben Rayos
Gregory Tade
Ruben
(Maritimo) LB
Lucas Rios Marques.. brilliant Wingback on a free
Thabani Mthembu CF 2m PF
Ronwen Williams GK PF
Itu Khune - 1m BEST BUDGET GK
Martin Ødegaard
Iver Fossum -MC 17 YO Value : £450k PF
Sondre Rossbach GK, 18 yo. Sale Value : 1.9m (maybe less). VERY RECOMMENDED
Carlos Strandberg CF,18 yo Value : £205k
Kristoffer Ajer DM/MC 16yo Sale Value : 2m (plus loan back 1 season) or less

Last edited:
Players 2

E. Munoz- 24yo cheap for what you get rock of a cb PF
Lucas Boye CF - Work a bit on his pace and you have the perfect cheap cf. PF
A. Dragovic CB - Class young cb
F. Schaar CB - Low (ish) pace otherwise v good
Quintero AM - 10.75 rel. clause
Oberlin - CF (unheralded brill wonderkid) PF
Nkoulou CB -Brill stats and not expensive
W. Kaptoum AM
Aboubakar CF - Class and gets better PF
Hirving Lozano CF/AM R- recommended
Cafe CF - Young wonderkid
Guido Carillo CF - Very cheap for what you get
Elkeson CF - The awesomest developed "unknown" centerforward you can buy. Not for UK teams due to wp problems
David Pavelka - very cheap utility mf
Emanuel Insua DL - Cheap class fb
Orjan Nyland GK - EPL level cheapo GK
Hector Villalba
Robert Piris dm (75k to buy!!!)
Lanzini - AMC
Tomas Martinez AMC
- Wonderkid. Available on free loan and sometimes free within 6 months
M. Pronichev AMC/CF- Looks class but v v expensive
A. Vindhelm DR - 650K, 20yo and professional personality!
M. Lundemo CM- 1.3 (sometimes with loan back one season). V. Good player. 20yo and resolute
Paul Onuachu CF, 20yo, Value : £400k
Pione Sisto (v recommended) AMRL Age : 19 Value : £4.5m rel clause
Martin Linnes DR/MR 22yo Value : £550k
Simon Thern (recommended) AMRLC 21yo Value : £56k
Simon Gustafson AMC Age: 19 Sale Value: £475k-£900k
John Hou Sæter 17yo MC - 70K approx - A STEAL
Petteri Forsell AML
Dubravka GK - 200k EPL level
Angel Correa AM - 7.75M - Awesome player
R. Horta AMRL - 3.4M

Last edited:
Back