Ask UNCLE MAD (UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S)

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 83K
I know this is mainly tactics and players, but thought you might be able to help me out! Are there caps on the levels you can extend facilities to? I've taken a team from Scottish League 2 to consecutive titles in the SPL but haven't had the option the improve youth coaching from good or youth recruitment network above average for years! What factors is it tied to? Affiliqtes, league rep? No-one seems to have a solid answer.

I know this is mainly tactics and players, but thought you might be able to help me out! Are there caps on the levels you can extend facilities to? I've taken a team from Scottish League 2 to consecutive titles in the SPL but haven't had the option the improve youth coaching from good or youth recruitment network above average for years! What factors is it tied to? Affiliqtes, league rep? No-one seems to have a solid answer.

Sorry mate Ive got no idea. Have you tried asking in the SI forums?

Players 3

Celso Borges MR class for *** leagues and for low EPL standard teams. 400k
Fredrik Oldrup Jensen - only 60k and goes to lower leagues. Wont develop but already decent.
Adama Guira DM - 300K poor mans Yaya
Anders K. Jacobsen cf- 400k.. pace, power.. well rounded for championship level
Nicolai Larsen GK - 500k
prem standard
Christian Rubio Sivodedov - dirt cheap 17 yo midfielder who will improve a lot
Papa Alioune Ndiaye DMC Age: 23 Value: £900k
Simon Tibbling MC Age: 19 Sale Value:£1.2m
Martin Linnes DR - Cheap and decent stats.
Ibrahim Moro DMC Age: 20 Sale Value: £1.1m
Jere Uronen DL/WBL Age: 19 Value: £34.5k
Linus Wahlqvist classy cheap CB!
Dag Alex Olsen cf - only 20k! Some decent stats there.. not least the pace (20!) and acceleration .. off the ball.... Non existent anticipation tho
Patrick Banggaard cb GREAT YOUNG PLAYER
Herolind Shala 60k - brilliant LW for Championship/lower prem.
Ricardinho - bargain wing-back left/ml from Malmo. Almost 30 but with good natural fitness.Has Swedish as a secondnationality.

Last edited:
Just passed 10K views!!!!

Thank you guys for making keeping this thread going worthwhile!!!

Your UNCLE MAD loves you all (even the poor LFC supporters among you!)

I see you said Mastour becomes a monster, you got a screenshot mate?

Im in 2020 now and wanted him first season but didn't get him. Since then he has had a bunch of injuries and loaned out a lot. Never gets many games... Massive potential IRL but not seen it on the game yet!

Nope, but he does, trust me mate. I dunno what happens to him under AI management but if you develop him well he flies.

Based on his scout reports, he seems to loathe big matches in almost every save.. >.<

Based on his scout reports, he seems to loathe big matches in almost every save.. >.<

Not had that on mine reports haha. But he has not developed too great as he never gets given games for some reason

He's cheap and I love him (mentioned above) so I thought to give you his (ADAM VASS) stats at the start (they get even better as he's only 26):

Erik Sviatchenko -Class young cb who is cheap and will increase in value and stats.
Fredrik Gulbrandsen - CF Age: 21 Value: £374K
Sander Svendsen - CF Age: 16 Value: £110K
Håkon Lorentzen Age: 16 Value: £87K
Eric Kitolano Age: 16 Value: £2.4K
Ole Strømsberg - cb/cf (!) 18yo

Oh and look at this boy who Ive bought as Ajax in my second season!:

d4f5fb3f669bb7b4ae828e757834d5bd.png

Last edited:
Best English players that are 'buyable' ?

I'm playing a save atm and my domestic player bias is horrific haha.

Next save I plan on making a full English team so just wondering who you rate

Best English players that are 'buyable' ?

I'm playing a save atm and my domestic player bias is horrific haha.

Next save I plan on making a full English team so just wondering who you rate

Saido Berahino is decent and versatile. Bought a while ago for my Sassuolo save and he's delivering.
Nathan Redmond is also good and improves.
Dyer from Swansea was great in FM14 so maybe he continues to be so.
Andre Wisdom at cb is also somebody I used (loan at Grasshoppers) who impressed
Will Hughes.
Ruddy and Smithies at GK
Robertson (sp) that lb from Hull Ive used and he's a bit of a wonderkid.

Am currently at office so am away from the game/my database so the above off the top of my head.

I hardly ever play in UK (prefer to use FM to "learn" about leagues and players I dont know much of) also ...

I hardly ever play in UK (prefer to use FM to "learn" about leagues and players I dont know much of) also ...

I am very much the same. Having a ball in the Indian league atm but am always on the look out for a new, exciting experience so am wondering if you could suggest some "different" leagues that you have had fun in?

I am very much the same. Having a ball in the Indian league atm but am always on the look out for a new, exciting experience so am wondering if you could suggest some "different" leagues that you have had fun in?

Currently enjoying a Midtjyland save in Denmark - gave Sisto and Sviatchenko new contracts first thing to wipe out their release clauses intending to keep them come what may and never looked back. In my second season ...

Other leagues Ive enjoyed:

Brazil/Argentina/Uruguay - Croatia/Romania/Egypt

I tried to get an FM-Base thread going on Strikerless myself, but wasn't able to upload pictures or use links and gave up, rather frustrated with the whole process. Nice to see some exposure for my pet project. Thanks mate!

I tried to get an FM-Base thread going on Strikerless myself, but wasn't able to upload pictures or use links and gave up, rather frustrated with the whole process. Nice to see some exposure for my pet project. Thanks mate!

You re a legend mate so dont thank me, Im just spreading the word.

Is there anybody in football more ridiculous than H. Redknap? (Hint: not really)

It may not surprise you to learn that we are not entirely convinced by Harry Redknapp's excuse for leaving QPR due to his dodgy knee suddenly requiring surgery, communicated to owner Tony Fernandes six-and-a-half hours after the transfer window had closed, the club unable to complete any deals on deadline day.

Redknapp is sticking to that story, however.

"I was awake all night, thinking about it,' Redknapp told the Daily Mail. "I'm struggling so badly now. I can't walk, I can barely stand and watch. I'm in pain all the time. I've been putting it off, and putting it off, but it has got to the stage where I cannot do the job.

"I booked a ticket for Fulham's FA Cup game with Sunderland on Tuesday night, but my first thought was, "how am I going to get to the ground?" Even if I get a car park pass there is going to be some walking. I can't walk around Craven Cottage anymore, I can't walk down the street - that's how bad it has got."

We could remark at how Redknapp was seen standing for extended periods of QPR's match at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday, apparently unconcerned at how he could walk down the tunnel before and after each half. Would Redknapp have walked if QPR were sat in mid-table?

Instead, let's use quotes from the man himself, made less than three weeks ago on January 17. Handily, he was also rubbishing reports he could be leaving QPR.

"Do I look like I feel under pressure?" Redknapp said. "When I get home I'll take my wife for a nice meal somewhere, have a nice bottle of wine, then in the morning wake up and take my dogs for a walk. My life's very good."

Amazing what a 12th consecutive away defeat can do to those knees.

I searched your thread and couldn't find anything about set pieces (defending and attacking). Can you link me to a good post about set pieces?

Back