Ask UNCLE MAD (UNCLE MAD'S BOX OF CHOCCY'S)

• Thread starter Thread starter MANUMAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 217
  • Views Views 83K
I searched your thread and couldn't find anything about set pieces (defending and attacking). Can you link me to a good post about set pieces?

Nope sorry. Set pieces set ups is the one FM feature I can never get my head around mate so I leave it on default

Remember this wonderkid of yore

adu_0.jpg

I know this isn't tactics related manumad, but you seem to have a deep understanding of the game and I've loved reading this thread so I wanna ask
your opinion on old players becoming staff:

Have you noticed how randomly their attributes are when you ask them to become e.g. a coach? If you save the game right before asking them,
then load the game and ask again the stats they are given are completely different every time.

I wanted to find out if I should start advicing players to become staff as soon as possible or wait until they are closer to retirement,
but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Even prefered managerial tendencies like formations, pressing play, notable tendencies like uses target man etc
are different each and every time.
Not to mention the staff attributes or mental staff stats like DDM!

I know this isn't tactics related manumad, but you seem to have a deep understanding of the game and I've loved reading this thread so I wanna ask
your opinion on old players becoming staff:

Have you noticed how randomly their attributes are when you ask them to become e.g. a coach? If you save the game right before asking them,
then load the game and ask again the stats they are given are completely different every time.

I wanted to find out if I should start advicing players to become staff as soon as possible or wait until they are closer to retirement,
but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Even prefered managerial tendencies like formations, pressing play, notable tendencies like uses target man etc
are different each and every time.
Not to mention the staff attributes or mental staff stats like DDM!

I very rarely do it. I generally appoint staff depending on their stats but also their personalities (to get better quality newgens)

More Players

Filip Westgaard cf - young, cheap and will improve
Havard Asheim dr/wr - 18yo with good stats (tho needs work on defending)
Hakon Lorentzen cf -16yo so will improve
Sayouba Mande -GK young cheap gk with stats that are already quite good
Christian Rye dm - good stats but not as dm. But he's young so can be moulded
Andreas Cornelius - cf- Age : 21 To buy : £4m. V recommended and will quickly get better
Emiliano Marcondes AM/CF Age : 19 Value : £325k
Oscar Lewicki DM/MC Age : 21 Value : £51k
Filip Helander DC Age : 21 Value : £600k
Herman Stengel M (LC) Age :18 Value : £220k
Ghayas Zahid M (C) Age : 19 Value : £46k
Ali Iqbal D/WB (R) Age:18 Value : £375
Viðar Örn Kjartansson ST (C) Age: 23 Value : £975k
Marius Lundemo MC Age : 20 Value : £69k Very Recommended
Espen Ruud 30yo wb/mfr awesome stats very cheap
Jakob Poulsen 31 MC good stats cheap
Per Nilsson CB 30yo cheap nice stats
Kristian Bach Bak DRC 30yo cheap decent stats
Nicklas Rojkjaer – AMC/CF. Cheap 17yo resolute personality. Quick developer.
Jakob Johansson - DMC Age: 24 Sale Value: £88k
Ole Strømsborg DC & ST (Natural) Age : 20 Value : £82k
Lars Christopher Vilsvik RB/LB Age: 26 Sale Value: £350k
Yann-Erik de Lanlay . A tidy right winger available for less than 100k

Last edited:
South American Players

Luciano Acosta AMC 875K
Marcos Astina CF - Very recommended
Matheus Biteco DM - Very cheap and already quite developed despite his young age
Lucas Boye CF - Very recommended
Douglas Coutinho CF - Very recommended
Erik (Goias) CF - around 4m
Gonzalo Piovi DL - one of the best and value for money young lbs/wbs in FM15
Willie AM -Awesome (Vitoria)
Valdivia AMC
Tagliafico DL - awesome and very cheap
Ezequiel Ponce CF - Cheap young and very recommended
Junior Moraes CF - Very recommended
Bressan (Gremio) CB - Very recommended.
Elkeson CF - One of the best CFs in FM. Worth the big wages.
Jonathan Rodriguez CF
Ramiro (Moschen) DM
Johnny Uchuari -AMR - Extremely recommended.
L. Olaza DL - Very cheap and very good
Samir CB - Quite good and young.
Carlos (Atl. Mineiro) CF
Facundo Cardozo CB
Ezequiel Munoz CB - Very cheap and one of the best in FM15

Last edited:
Uncle Mad you're a heaven sent for football manager noobs like me.. For 2 straight years, I bought football manager just to get cheap players and sell them for huge amounts of money to help my club grow. I am really not a master of tactics so I'm happier in finding cheap gems and turning them into diamonds.

I was really busy during football manager launch so I only played last week. I am now in November 2014 and can sign free agents this december. Can you suggest some expiring contracts that I must sign for free as soon as possible? I am currently using Nottingham Forest. I did some research and set my eyes on Pereyra but I think he won't sign for my club yet because we're a Championship side. Should I sign the likes of Bakkali and Leali? Any players you recommend?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I was really busy during football manager launch so I only played last week. I am now in November 2014 and can sign free agents this december. Can you suggest some expiring contracts that I must sign for free as soon as possible? I am currently using Nottingham Forest. I did some research and set my eyes on Pereyra but I think he won't sign for my club yet because we're a Championship side. Should I sign the likes of Bakkali and Leali? Any players you recommend?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

You should kill to sign Bakkali and Leali actually mate (if they deign to come to you). Also, if available (and if no wp problems) try to get JOHNNY UCHUARI. He only costs a few 100ks at the start so he's unlikely to cost more.

I would also recommend the following loans:

Wilson (Utd)
Adama Traore (Barcelona)
Vallejo (from whoever bought him off his original club)
Ruben Neves

You should kill to sign Bakkali and Leali actually mate (if they deign to come to you). Also, if available (and if no wp problems) try to get JOHNNY UCHUARI. He only costs a few 100ks at the start so he's unlikely to cost more.

I would also recommend the following loans:

Wilson (Utd)
Adama Traore (Barcelona)
Vallejo (from whoever bought him off his original club)
Ruben Neves
Thanks a lot mate! I can only offer contracts on players expiring this 2015. I only have 500K transfer budget and 70K left on wages. That's why December will be very crucial to me (I am currently in November). I will take a look on Uchuari. Ruben Neves is so expensive :(

Regarding that corner trick... If I can't actually link to my site, I might as well share some of my insights :)

if you recommend more cheap gems that I can sign for free this January, please post them here.. I would really appreciate it mate

Thanks a lot mate! I can only offer contracts on players expiring this 2015. I only have 500K transfer budget and 70K left on wages. That's why December will be very crucial to me (I am currently in November). I will take a look on Uchuari. Ruben Neves is so expensive :(

I advised you to loan him not buy him!

Grasshoppers/Midtyland/Dynamo or similar teams in similar leagues - very very cheap players to buy (and loan) to make them so much better

GK: Orjan Nyland/Sondre Rossbach/Ronwen Williams

FB: Ziegler (free)/Ridder Alcivar/L. Olaza/V. Polyovyi(loan)

CB: Thelander/Vieux Sane
/Reginiussen/Mammana(loan)/Monteseirin(loan)/Vallejo (loan -wait for him to be sold first)

DM/CM: Adam Vass/Hou Saeter/Robert Piris/Josepmir Ballon/Iver Fossum/Ruben Neves (loan)

AMR: Uchuari/T. Drage/S.Thern/Laste Dombaxe/Adama Traore (loan)

CF: Innocent Emeghara/Stracqualursi (free)/Wilson (loan)

Last edited:
Hi MANUMAD, is FM 2015 worth playing atm after the latest patch? I hadn't tried it because FM 2014 still thrills me with its realism and the bugs are alot lesser than the current one.

I mean i saw some screenshots from FM 2015, how would a top team that had 48 shots; 9 CCs and still ended up losing the game to a mid-table team with 7 shots? This is not football and far from being realistic with the sheer number of shooting chances created. I would think 25 shot attempts in a real-life football game is already a figure out of this world.

So yeah...the unrealism of the latest installment is what sets me back on buying this game and apparently the game mechanics had been too easy as compared to FM 2014 (almost any kind of ridiculous tactic is most likely gonna win you games). I guessed SI made this year's easier after the community blasted them last year for making a hard one in FM 2014. Your views?

Hi MANUMAD, is FM 2015 worth playing atm after the latest patch? I hadn't tried it because FM 2014 still thrills me with its realism and the bugs are alot lesser than the current one.

I mean i saw some screenshots from FM 2015, how would a top team that had 48 shots; 9 CCs and still ended up losing the game to a mid-table team with 7 shots? This is not football and far from being realistic with the sheer number of shooting chances created. I would think 25 shot attempts in a real-life football game is already a figure out of this world.

So yeah...the unrealism of the latest installment is what sets me back on buying this game and apparently the game mechanics had been too easy as compared to FM 2014 (almost any kind of ridiculous tactic is most likely gonna win you games). I guessed SI made this year's easier after the community blasted them last year for making a hard one in FM 2014. Your views?

I actually think that FM14 is the worst in the series (one man's meat is another's poison I guess). So I prefer FM15 obviously. On release it had some issues (esp almost all goals from a cross etc) but now everything seems to be fixed. So yes, its more than worth it ... and as always there's many teams that one can have enjoyable saves with. So far Ive really enjoyed: Lanus/Grasshoppers/AC Milan/Sassuolo/Midtjyland.

Substitutions (incl how to ensure you dont concede late in matches)

This should be read together with my previous post (s) on how to ensure you dont concede late in matches and on how to avoid "second season syndrome".

Generally, the average FM player substitutes tired players. But is that really wise?

What we are usually guilty of is forgetting the mentality of players. Determination, composure, concentration and even flair are very important attributes, especially late in matches. Players with high stats in these (esp the first two) will have "more in the tank" to aid you in your cause.

Other considerations would be:

(a) Players on yellow cards (esp defensive ones - ones who have been yellow carded very early in matches). Check their aggression stat - if high they re in danger of a red. Alternatively consider instructing them to tackle easy and/or shouting at them to calm down.

(b) Players who are very nervous, complacent etc. Try shouting at them to show passion/demand more etc but if no change then sub. Look at personality - players with no ambition etc tend to feel nervous no matter what.

(c) Players who you will be starting next match. But calculate the threat posed by the opposition before you take them off. In my experience, in FM15 you should always do your best to win the match that comes first/which you re involved in, than rotate thinking of the next one.

(d) Obviously players who are slightly injured.

(e) Players on low morale. Morale is extremely important in FM15. Players with low morale, especially late in matches in key positions (cb esp) is a recipe for disaster.

So, who to bring on and when?

• players with better morale than the ones brought off; condition is nowhere near as important as morale is. Though if your tactics are spot on you CAN carry up to a couple low morale players as indicated elsewhere in this thread.
  • defenders with better mental attributes.
  • more experienced players, if you can see someone underpeforming and being very nervous, after your attempts of taking pressure off him failed.

When it looks like the fate of the match is decided, bring on:

• young players; senior match experience is one of the most important factors in player development;
  • newly transfered in players, in order to help them get integrated without risking team cohesion.
  • those who are complaining about lack of first team football, even if their morale is not very good, as they might start getting over their slight concern;
  • match unfit players.

Last edited:
Back