Aston Villa v Man Utd

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 181
  • Views Views 9K
Nani's was handbags, Really that wasnt a massive challenge, i seen bigger things at an u9s game.

He turned round 3 times to make sure Warnock was there and elbowed him in the face :|

He turned round 3 times to make sure Warnock was there and elbowed him in the face :|

To be fair, he didn't swing his elbow he just jumped with his arm out (given it wasn't necessary to do but I don't think it was worthy of a red card).

Conveniently did it though seconds after Warnock tackled him strongly though.

Conveniently did it though seconds after Warnock tackled him strongly though.

yeah, still hardly a elbow, A leaning with the arm at most. But then i suppose i like a bit of contact.

I havent seen the incident, but that description makes it seem deliberate to me...

Will see on MOTD today though.

I havent seen the incident, but that description makes it seem deliberate to me...

it was defo deilberate, thats why he got booked. But it defo wasnt an elbow, more leaning with the arms when jumping.

Yes, I will have a look as well - although anything near enough to an elbow in the rule book is a straight red card, no ifs not buts, it's a red. But, alas, I haven't seen it yet :P

I do not understand why you are bothered by the fact of posting pics and I do not think is a reason for the ban.
Also, if you don't wany those pictures, just let me know, but, sincerly, i hope that you can say that with nice words. It's that okay for you GodCubed?

United were very lucky today and must improve.

Feel for Villa, but the performance today suggests another comfortable season.

In my opinion, Nani shouldnt have been sent off, a yellow was fine but Vidic should have been

Apparently United always start seasons slowly but they have been so poor recently that i really cant see anyone other than Chelsea winning it this year, with City not yet ready and Arsenal getting further and further away from the top 2. I think United miss (an on form) Rooney

I do not understand why you are bothered by the fact of posting pics and I do not think is a reason for the ban.
Also, if you don't wany those pictures, just let me know, but, sincerly, i hope that you can say that with nice words. It's that okay, GodCubed?

Keep posting them mate, unless a mod asked you not to.

United were very lucky today and must improve.

Feel for Villa, but the performance today suggests another comfortable season.

In my opinion, Nani shouldnt have been sent off, a yellow was fine but Vidic should have been

Apparently United always start seasons slowly but they have been so poor recently that i really cant see anyone other than Chelsea winning it this year, with City not yet ready and Arsenal getting further and further away from the top 2. I think United miss (an on form) Rooney

I dont think, Vidic should of been sent off tbh. the problem is, i dont agree with the rule, if you score you should be able to hug some fans, but the ref dug himself a hole when he booked young( Wrongly in my opinion)

I dont think, Vidic should of been sent off tbh. the problem is, i dont agree with the rule, if you score you should be able to hug some fans, but the ref dug himself a hole when he booked young( Wrongly in my opinion)

Yes i completely agree (sorry should have made it more clear)

It is a ridiculous rule. It is what football is about, the emotion, celebrating with the fans. Having said that, either neither of them should have been booked, or they both should have been. Having booked Young, Vidic should have been booked also.

I really hate refs with no bollocks

Tbh, we all know there is an unwritten difference between a yellow and a yellow that leads to a red. For Vidic to have been sent off for a celebration would have been ridiculous, whether the ref was consistent or inconsistent.

I could be wrong, and it's slightly off topic - but wasn't Arjen Robben once given a second yellow card for jumping into the crowd when he was at Chelsea?

He also scored the winner in that game if I remember correctly.. :$

I could be wrong, and it's slightly off topic - but wasn't Arjen Robben once given a second yellow card for jumping into the crowd when he was at Chelsea?

yes against sunderland in the 2005-06 season 2-1 im sure it was

yes against sunderland in the 2005-06 season 2-1 im sure it was

Thought so.. can't find the video on Youtube though. Also, I think he came on as a substitute? (But that's just a wild guess, as it's just entered my mind..)

Nice, we have started slow for the last 20 years, bar the occassional blips, double winning year, we didnt win any of our first 3 games. This season we havent lost. We have 3 gears to find, that how good we really are.

Yes you started poor in your double winning season but and this is a huge but you had a better squad in that season without a dout.

I have now sen the highlights and the Young and Vidic desicion was totally different. Vidic ran into the crowd but Young jumped the ad boards totally different situation.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Good technique in remembering mate.

Back