El Shaarawy is a beast. Great intake, great feeder club and I call a CL/Serie A double. Unlucky with Coppa Italia.

Looking Good for the CL i think, league is going to be easy from here on in...
Nice Youth Intake and also Getting Aberdeen as Feeder Club is fantastic...
One Question, How do u get so many good feeder clubs?
do u urself suggest the Board the Clubs or the Board searches them for u.

images

APRIL

I had to change the picture above at the last minute as Juve played on the last day of the month, lost, and that handed us the title. We are on a 28 game unbeaten run in the league and will put that at risk in the final 3 games of the season as I will play my youngsters.

But that is not all!!!! We made it to the Champions League final! After disposing of Benfica we faced Liverpool and beat them home and away to set up a final with the holders Barcelona.

I just noticed that I can speak basic Romaniain despite not having managed a single game yet. There is a friendly organised against Germany in June so I will either cancel it or play a load of prospects so if they become really good I will be a favoured person!

--------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina 3-4 Atalanta
Bonaventura, Zouma, El Shaarawy 2(1pen)

A nice win here. Zouma got sent-off late on (and then they scored twice) while El Shaarawy's second goal was from 50 yards out apparently!

-------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Benfica (1) 1-0 Atalanta (4)
(Agg: 2-4)

Once again everyone apart from Consigli got rested here and in doing so I was kinda admitting defeat but I thought we had enough of an advantage to get through.

Atalanta 1-1 Roma
Immobile

Bertolacci got sent-off for the 3rd time this season here but we still equalised with 10 men.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria 1-2 Atalanta
Immobile, Crisetig

Another sending-off (Bellusci this time) and we had a goal disallowed from Arrigoni but Crisetig popped up late on to get the winner.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Liverpool 1-3 Atalanta
Immobile, Clichy (og), Zouma

Going into this game I didnt know where we stood. Were we better than them? Who have they signed? I would have been more worried if we were up against a Manchester side or Arsenal for sure. In the end we fell behind shortly after half-time and that woke us up and we crashed in 3 goals to all but book a place in the final!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 2-0 AC Milan
Bertolacci, Gabbiadini

AC Milan have slumped terribly after a great start to the season (us poaching El Shaarawy didnt help) so I expected a comfortable win and duly got one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg

Atalanta (3) 2-0 Liverpool (1)
Bellusci, Bonaventura
(Agg: 5-1)

I rested everyone who was on a yellow card here (Bertolacci, Arrigoni, Aurier and Zouma) while ElShaarawy and Saini were injured. Into the final we go...............

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LORENZO CRISETIG

images

View attachment 333547

Looking Good for the CL i think, league is going to be easy from here on in...
Nice Youth Intake and also Getting Aberdeen as Feeder Club is fantastic...
One Question, How do u get so many good feeder clubs?
do u urself suggest the Board the Clubs or the Board searches them for u.

I chose Aberdeen but all the rest were the boards choices. I got some rubbish ones at the start but as my club rep went up I got better teams.

images

MAY

Heartbreak!!! We pushed Barcelona all the way in the Champions League final but it just wasnt to be. Hopefully we will bounce back next season. I spent half an hour tweaking things before the game as I was desperate to win it but our time will come!

The league season petred out really. I gave my youngsters a shot and they did alright.

At the end of the season Milan sacked van Basten and appointed Fiorentina's manager, Bilic left Inter Milan for Chlesea and Conte left Juventus for Valencia. Empoli and Siena also sacked their managers.

-----------------------------------------------

Udinese 3-2 Atalanta
Caprari, Quintana

That is the end of our long unbeaten run. Never mind.

-----------------------------------------------------

Atalanta 1-1 Napoli
Caprari

The aim of todays game was to not get beaten so we would finish the league campaign unbeaten at home. Mission accomplished!

------------------------------------------------------

Cesena 2-4 Atalanta
Caprari 2, Quintana, Marilungo

A decent way to end the season although they had a goal disallowed that would have put them 2-1 up.

---------------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Final
Barcelona 2-2 Atalanta
Immobile, Signori
AET - Barcelona won 4-2 on penalties

Luck wasnt on our side here. We fell behind early on when Leandro Damiao struck but Immobile quickly equalised. Pique put them ahead after the break but we levelled when supersub Signori struck.

It went into extra-time and we had Gabbiadini taken off injured so we played 20min with 10 men and we managed to get it to penalties where we lost out. Marilungo and Crisetig missed as we were made to pay. If only Gabbiadini wasnt off!!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIANLUCA CAPRARI
images

END OF SEASON POST TO FOLLOW..................

Could you possibly post a screenshot of your first 11 after the summer transfer window?

Could you possibly post a screenshot of your first 11 after the summer transfer window?

Yeah. I plan to do that as some of the non regens have developed really well. Got so many 5 star youngsters its unreal! lol

images

END OF SEASON POST

This was a "what if" season. Sure we won the league and super cup but we lost to Palermo in the cup and would surely have won it if we hadnt given them a 3 goal head start and as for the Champions League we were a penalty shoot-out away from glory.

My squad while not invincible has so many young players it is quite scary. I have about 10 5 star potential players in the youth team alone never mind the likes of Signori and Quitadamo in the first team squad. I could probably afford not to sign anyone for at least 3 or 4 years to be honest.

On a personal level I left Ivory Coast to learn Romanian. I know basic Romanian at the moment so hopefully I can be fluent before the Euro's end.

Finally I got offered the Juventus job at the end of the season but I refused it naturally.

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
MANOLO GABBIADINI

View attachment 333650

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
KURT ZOUMA

View attachment 333651

FINAL SERIE A TABLE AND STATS
View attachment 333655
View attachment 333653View attachment 333654

AWARDS

Serie A Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Serie A Young Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Serie A Manager of the Year: Kris Stuart
Serie A Foreign Player of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Italian Player of the Year: Giacomo Bonaventura
Defender of the Year: Kurt Zouma
Team of the Year: Consigli, Zouma, Bonaventura (at RB???), Gabbiadini, Immobile

OTHER NEWS

Bordeaux beat Zenit 5-3 to win the Europa League
Youth and training facilities to be upgraded
Lazio beat Palermo to win the Coppa Italia

Any tips on how to make younger players on fm12 fulfil there full potential, as there potential ability has started decreasing??

images

KRIS STUART APPOINTED HOLLAND MANAGER

I managed Romania for about 8 months, didnt play a game but learnt the language! lol

At the end of the Euros I went in for every job going internationally and got offered these..................

Austria
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Czech. Republic
Greece
Poland
Sweden
Turkey

And I was rejected by these............................

Germany
Italy (booo)
Portugal

As for Italy - they were flattered by my interest but offered the job to Stramaccioni instead! Ah well. I will soon be able to add Dutch to my languages now!

As for the Euros Ukraine beat England on penalties in the final. Italy won their group despite losing to Armenia but got knocked out by England.

Hi KLIPPYBO

Can you put up a screen shot off the formation and team instructions

Much appreciated!!!

images

PRE-SEASON POST

So we are about to begin a new season and I almost (but not quite) resisted splashing some cash. The likes of Bale, Balotelli and Ozil were transfer listed and eager to join but I didnt want to blow my wage structure. So it was regens all the way!

-----------------------------------------------------------

PLAYERS IN

View attachment 333911
MUSTAFA ADAMS
£18.5m from AZ Alkmaar

I was honestly unsure whether or not to go through with it but when I became Holland manager I thought why not? The fact he can play in more than one position is a bonus but I dont want him to delay the progress of Tortone or Signori.

View attachment 333922
KONSTANTINE PURTSKHVANIDZE
£5m from Sturm Graz

His name rolls of the tongue easily doesnt it? lol. Just turned 19 so there is a lot of development left in him. Looks a decent prospect.

View attachment 333923
XAVIER MERCIER
£3.5m from Standard Liege

This guy has been on my shortlist for ages and I finally took the plunge to sign him. Will be loaned out to gain experience.

These 2 also came in for much cheapness...........
View attachment 333924View attachment 333925

PLAYERS OUT

Not many sales were to be had. Siem de Jong and Kecskes went to Roma for a total of £7.5m and Pavlicic went to AC Milan for £2m.

On the loan front I gave AlbinoLeffe (now in C1) a few prospects while 5 star rated prospects Trgovcevic, Mercier, Celjak, Campagna and Sommese were also loaned out.

----------------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY

Adams or Immobile up front? Thats the only place up for grabs! I will post my squad later on but I have so many top prospects it is hard to keep track and I will try and share the game time. For instance, not including El Shaarawy and Zouma, I have SEVENTEEN 5 star potential players all under 20 years old - when you think about the amount of 4/4.5 star prospects I have as well then it is quite scary!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER NEWS
I am looking for a feeder side to raise our profile in Japan, China or USA
Chile beat Venezuela to win the Copa America
France beat Cameroon to win the Olympics

images

GOALKEEPERS

FIRST CHOICE

View attachment 333935
ANDREA CONSIGLI
Apps (under me) - 202

This guy has played every game for me so far and has been immense. He has saved many penalties and is Italy's backup keeper behind Sirigu.

-----------------------------------------------------

BACKUP/OUT ON LOAN

View attachment 333939
MATTIA PERIN
Signed from Genoa for £5m

Would be first choice for many sides but he doesnt get a look in for me. I am not even planning for him to replace Consigli!

View attachment 333940
FEDERICO ANGELINI
Signed from River Plate for £5m

This lad is ear marked for replacing Consigli. Was loaned out last season and will be out again this season too when he is fit again. Fantastic prospect.

View attachment 333942
NINO LOZO
Signed from Hajduk Split for £100,000

Out on loan to AlbinoLeffe this season. This lad is a good prospect but wont get a look in really.

Haven't been signed up to FM Base and only just found this story, and it's amazing! You're doing quality, I've started a story of my own, it's called "The Liverpool Comeback" would you check it out and tell me what you think?

images

RIGHT BACKS

FIRST CHOICE

View attachment 333945
SERGE AURIER
Signed from Toulouse for £16m
Apps - 39

Our one time record signing is a decent player but he hasnt progressed as much as I would have liked him too. This season is make or break for him as I have plenty of prospects waiting in the wings.

---------------------------------------------------------

TOP PROSPECTS

View attachment 333947
STEFANO BATTISTINI
Youth Product
Apps - 15

5 star potential. This guy is currently in my first team squad as backup RB. The fact he can play CB is a bonus also. Methinks he will be around for a long while to come.

View attachment 333946
SAMUELE CHIERICI
Signed from Pisa for £1.4m
Apps - 5

5 star potential. I have high hopes for him but will he come out on top against all the other prospects? In the U20 squad.

View attachment 333948
AMERIGO FORBICE
Youth Product
Apps - 15
Goals - 1

Naturally a wing back, I have trained him up to be a RB and he is showing great promise. In the U20 squad just now.

View attachment 333950
PIERLUIGI CARASSAI
Youth Product

Just noticed him while sifting through my right backs lol. Not much I can tell you then apart from the fact he is currently in my U20 squad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT ON LOAN

View attachment 333951
GIORDANO CAVALLI
Youth Product
Apps - 1

Out on loan to AlbinoLeffe. This guy seems to have a good future ahead of him but can he rise above the rest?

View attachment 333953
ALFREDO MINOIA
Signed from Brescia on a free transfer

Currently on his 2nd loan spell at AlbinoLeffe. Decent prospect.

THERE ARE OTHER RB's IN THE CLUB ROSTER BUT NONE WILL MAKE IT - I WILL ONLY POST THE ESTABLISHED PLAYERS AND FUTURE STARS

Last edited:
images

LEFT BACKS

FIRST CHOICE

View attachment 333954
NAHUEL LUCERO
Signed from River Plate for £3m
Apps - 55
Goals - 1

This lad is only 19!!! How good will he become? If he gets his pace up a bit he could end up being my best ever LB! How he hasnt been capped by Argentina yet is beyond me. 5 star potential obviously!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP PROSPECT

View attachment 333955
ANTHONY QUITADAMO
Youth Product
Apps - 23

5 star potential. Quitadamo is 2nd choice LB and probably will be for his entire career. I fully envisage him developing into a world class full back but with Lucero ahead of him it will be 20-30 apps a season methinks.

----------------------------------------------------------

OUT ON LOAN

View attachment 333956
MAX FRIES
Signed from Bayern Munich on a free transfer

I signed him in the summer and intented to sell him in January (hence why I didnt include him in the earlier post). Out on loan at AlbinoLeffe.

Will continue the "meet the team" updates tomorrow evening. Feel free to comment - am I under/over rating a player etc

images

CENTRE BACKS

FIRST CHOICE
View attachment 333999
GIUSEPPE BELLUSCI
Signed from Catania for £3m P/EX
Apps - 173
Goals - 11

What a bargain this guy was! He is always called up by Italy and for us he has been superb. Got rewarded with a new contract in the summer - mainly to take away the highest match earner clause.

View attachment 334001
KURT ZOUMA
Signed from Saint-Etienne for £15m
Apps - 56
Goals - 17

Our best player in all probability. He has been immense since he joined and gave us an extra push towards that first title. A goalscoring defender and one of the best I have had in any save going by performances.

--------------------------------------------------------

HOT PROSPECTS
View attachment 334002
JOSE LUIS GUEVARA
Signed from River Plate for £3m
Apps - 40
Goals - 3

Guevara has been great when called upon and is the 3rd choice CB in my squad. Should continue to develop into a world class centre back.

View attachment 334004
KONSTANTINE PURTSKHVANIDZE
Signed from Sturm Graz for £5m

Summer signing. Looks like he will develop into a great CB so we shall see how it goes this season. He has one season to prove himself to be capable to be kept around or to be loaned out elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT ON LOAN

View attachment 334006
DRAZEN TRGOVCEVIC
Signed from Dinamo for £400,000
Apps - 12

5 star potential. Currently on loan at Lazio this lad just needs a season or two of game time to get to the next level of his development.

View attachment 334007
FRANCO CAMPAGNA
Signed from Pro Vercelli for £475,000

5 star potential. Currently on loan at Sassuolo as he would have been sitting in my U2O squad otherwise. Looks a decent prospect but will have to make the most of his loan spell and develop quickly if he is to have a future here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE U20 SQUAD

View attachment 334009
MARCO MANGIAROTTI
Youth Product
Apps - 3

I have high hopes for this lad. He can play anywhere across the back four which is invaluable and although he is in the U2O squad just now he will still get plenty of minutes with the first team.

View attachment 334010
BRIAN FRIIS
Signed from FC Nordsjaelland for £1.4m
Apps - 1

5 star potential. He will get some game time this season and will continue to develop. I only tend to have 4 CB's in my first team squad so will have to really push on if he is to start pushing the likes of Guevara or Purtskhvanidze.

View attachment 334012
MARCO IACHINI
Youth Product
Apps - 1

Probably not going to make it truth be told. An emergency substitute lol

View attachment 334013
GIANMARIO TACCHINI
Youth Product

A decent player who will probably be loaned out next season. There is a lot of good young centre halves in front of him so needs to develop quickly if he is to have a future with us.

images

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

FIRST CHOICE

View attachment 334015
ANDREA BERTOLACCI
Signed from Genoa and Roma for £2.5m each
Apps - 110
Goals - 17

A regular for Italy, he actually had his poorest season for us last year as his goal tally was less than before and he got sent-off a few times. Still a great player though.

View attachment 334016
LORENZO CRISETIG
Signed from Parma for £5.75m
Apps - 74
Goals - 4

How he hasnt been capped or even called up for Italy yet is beyond me. More consistant than Bertolacci but doesnt carry a goal threat really. Will be CM for many years to come methinks.

BACKUP

View attachment 334017
TOMMASO ARRIGONI
Signed from Cesena for £3.5m
Apps - 60
Goals - 10

Surely an Italian international in the making. He usually plays when Bertolacci is not available and is always good for a goal. Developed really nicely so far and is still only 22.

View attachment 334018
CLAUDIO SAINI
Youth Product
Apps - 78
Goals - 2

Could quite easily be classed as a hot prospect since he is only 19 but since he is backup to Crisetig I put him in this category. Could quite possibly develop into a better player than Crisetig though!

----------------------------------------------------

OUT ON LOAN
View attachment 334022
GONZALO VALENCIO
Signed from Penarol for £1.4m
Apps - 36
Goals - 3

Currently on loan at Cagliari. He has 3 caps for Uruguay but hasnt progressed as much as I would have liked. Decent player all told I suppose but not good enough for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

TOP PROSPECTS
View attachment 334024
ROCCO MANGANIELLO
Youth Product
Apps - 2

5 star potential. I hope he develops into a great player but we shall see. In the U20 squad this season and may get some time on the pitch with the first team. I did reject several loan offers for him during the summer.

View attachment 334026
SEAN MCGLYNN
Signed from Celtic for £775,000

Decent prospect who I had planned to loan to Aberdeen but he rejected the move.