Attack! Attack! - Breaking point ( 210 goals 33 against In 64 games Flat 442 )

I've long abandoned the one tactic for the whole season idea....served me well so far in my East stirling save where I'm currently second in the first division after smashing the third and second divisions in my first and second season. I utilize a 451 formation which is awesome in the lower leagues as you essentially flood the midfield with superior players. However this changes when you get promoted to the higher leagues because currently I've only won one and lost two away which is no good....will need to rethink my away strategy methinks

Just want to Thank all you sexy beasts for the support on FM- base, its been a good place for me to keep interested, ive just Started a Juventus Series on youtube and could do with some support there aswell, The tactic being used will be my New tactic fo FMbase so come have a look and let me know what you think, Get chatting :)

Football Manager 2012 - Juventus Season - YouTube

Scotsman

Never used your tactics before, but watching those youtube videos right now, they aint too bad.

Is the final formation going to be the 4-1-1-3-1 and when will you be releasing it?

Steve

Hey!

Like Spikester I have never tried your tactics but they seem to be attracting a lot of attention!

Just watched the first 2 of your youtube clips...very entertaining, I like the way you are doing it- not only commenting on games but giving stats and news in between games aswell. Quite a few funny moments in there as well which I don't think you intended LOL

One thing that is really annoying me is the way you pronounce Chievo's name! Its: key-A-vo ;)

Steve

One thing that is really annoying me is the way you pronounce Chievo's name! Its: key-A-vo ;)

Steve

And Sime Vrsaljko! It's Sim-eh or seem-eh!

Sorry to be such a ***** LOL

Last edited:
And Sime Vrsaljko! It's Sim-eh or seem-eh!

Sorry to be such a ***** LOL

Im scottish, we aint got built in skills to say things like that, we say it how it looks ahaha, But thanks for the imput i shal study them.

Scotsman

Never used your tactics before, but watching those youtube videos right now, they aint too bad.

Is the final formation going to be the 4-1-1-3-1 and when will you be releasing it?

Steve

its going to be the 4231 wide the tactic thats in use later on in the episodes ahah, its going well, a few mistakes along the way, a couple on my half and my computer being a **** and restarting just after winning and uploading a video, other then that its Going very very well.. updates will be out every day cause it does not take long to upload now.

mother of god.. just what you've done with my team.. O.O
eventhough it's only a friendly and against much weaker team, I've never won by this large goal margin.

View attachment 250212

scotsman

4-2-3-1 is my favourite formation, but have yet to find one that actually works. Are you tweaking the tactic as you go to get it right?

Steve

scotsman

4-2-3-1 is my favourite formation, but have yet to find one that actually works. Are you tweaking the tactic as you go to get it right?

Steve

Still tweaking, taken out the Near post corners and tweaked it some more, New episodes are up just now upto 21 will explain it as you go through them. But the 4231 is going very well, some cracking games for me so far. Not scoring lots but not letting in alot either. Allround tactic so far.

Nice one scotsman! I'm the type of guy who would rather win a game 1-0 than 3-2, so glad it's going well defensively, as I thought you were off to a bad start after letting 3 in against Napoli.

Steve

Nice one scotsman! I'm the type of guy who would rather win a game 1-0 than 3-2, so glad it's going well defensively, as I thought you were off to a bad start after letting 3 in against Napoli.

Steve

yeah i like a strong defence and after that game i had to make some changes, Still won but its horrible, Some Shock results in the series so far, went behind a few times and came back to win. So far so good :)

Lots more Episodes to come tommorow.

When you say all central midfielders as playmaker does that mean the two on the wings/wide midfielder aswell ?

When you say all central midfielders as playmaker does that mean the two on the wings/wide midfielder aswell ?

No just the MC and Dm players dont put the wide men on the list, its just incase of injuries i like to be prepared if i make subs that the Playmaker will always stay in the middle of the park. The MC that has great Defencive skills are often much better at Playmaker due to them being able to defend and attack. Players like Lucas and yann Mvila

Just taken East Stirling from the third to the Premier league in 4 seasons using this tactic and modified it for away games to a 4 4 1 1. Possession is fantastic as is shots. For lower leagues I'd recommend match prep to be average and defensive positioning and then once the quality of your team improves change to attacking movement.

Can't say enough about this tactic. Another tip is I used koflok's tactic if I was a goal behind in the last 25 mins and most of the time was able to at least draw or pull out a win. Also found koflok's team talk section complimented this tactic well.

Well done OoscotsmanoO!