Attack! Attack! - Breaking point ( 210 goals 33 against In 64 games Flat 442 )

no questio is to daft....

Go on SET PIECES... check the board on your right... down there you will find one box saying Target Man and another one saying Play-maker's... just drag the players from your left board there. That's done... do not forget that u should do it every time you change a player on the Midfield or in the Front.
smile.gif

... but sometimes if we take the pleasure of reading the all the post's the answer maybe there!!!!

cheers for that, sometimes theres no logic for where these things are hidden.

good luck to killie today in the cup final enjoy the match.

I'm testing it now with my childhood-team Brondby IF. Since I can not make any other 4-4-2 system work, I might as well start a new save to test your tactic out. Bear in mind that this team is in a catastrophic state (morally and economically) when the game starts :) I will report the results in a few days.

Tried this tactic worked quite well with my Manchester United still in first season with winning most games, drawing some, and losing twice for now 1-0 against Liverpool and 5-1 against Barça :)'() Gonna try to beat them at OT now, no idea how to get at least 4 goals against them though...any tips? anyone?

Last edited:
hay everyone. ive been away all weekend with the kille game against celtic in the Scottish league cup final. IT was a Fantastic atmosphere and cracking game at hampden park. thoughts go out to liam kellys dad Who Died shortly after because of a heart attack. It put the match and Victory into perspective. Just home to read all about Fabrice and the incidents at weekend. shocking news to read. its been a strange weekend for me, So my thoughts also go out to Fabrice, family and team mates. hopfully he can pull through.

I will get onto my messages later on tonight once i get settled back in and try to respond to any unanswerd questions.

Once again cheers for the support with this tactic glad some people again are finding it usefull in their games.

Ross D
Killie till i Die
KTID

OoscotsmanoO, What variation do you use away from home against big sides? The tactic works brilliantly home and away although I do tend to struggle slightly against big clubs!

Hi Ross

I struggled a bit with the tactic at first until it was fluid. I had a lot of draws in the beginning but I haven't been losing that much. Now that the tactic is fluid I start to win more often :) I moved my defensive line two steps backwards, because I conceded a lot of goals where my defensive line was overrun by quick forwards. But, things have changed for the better as I said - and now the tactic really starts to show some positive results!

I have a small question though: When the tactic is fluid, do you still keep your match prep on defensive positioning? And how much workload, high or medium?

Hi Ross

I struggled a bit with the tactic at first until it was fluid. I had a lot of draws in the beginning but I haven't been losing that much. Now that the tactic is fluid I start to win more often :) I moved my defensive line two steps backwards, because I conceded a lot of goals where my defensive line was overrun by quick forwards. But, things have changed for the better as I said - and now the tactic really starts to show some positive results!

I have a small question though: When the tactic is fluid, do you still keep your match prep on defensive positioning? And how much workload, high or medium?

i normaly keep things Fresh when i feel a need for a chance. Normaly just sticking to high or medium if the defence isnt performing then stick to Defencive and if you notice that the attacking play sint as sharp as you would like just more it onto Attack movement fora few games.. if your making lots of player changes then Defo use teamwork. just keep an eye man. if you ship lots at set pieces then just use that as the match prep..

hopefully that helps..

Other questions about Sucsess away from home. Its somthing i noticed but only in the first half of the season. I droped most of my points away from home and Shockingly to **** teams.. I beat the larger ones and Struggled against the lower rep teams.

Try and play some more youth is my advice Start to bring though players into the first team.. keep things fresh. Youth players will tend to shine when asked. I seen that with Welbeck and Cleverly, even into my 2nd season they were still fringe players along with Pogba

I did also Move the more attacking MC into AMC and the more defencive one into DM to make a 41212 wide. I seen that it helped Esp in the 2nd season when teams began to learn my System.

Try some of the above and let me know how you get on.

I'm trying this tactic with patch 12.0.4. I have a middle table team in Italian Serie B...the team scores a lot of goals but the defence is loo leaky...the tactic is still not completly fluid but I'm trying the zonal marking instead of man marking because I have noted that the goals derived often by the middle. I hope that this change will improve the defense!

Any comments (especially by user with patch 12.0.4)?

i normaly keep things Fresh when i feel a need for a chance. Normaly just sticking to high or medium if the defence isnt performing then stick to Defencive and if you notice that the attacking play sint as sharp as you would like just more it onto Attack movement fora few games.. if your making lots of player changes then Defo use teamwork. just keep an eye man. if you ship lots at set pieces then just use that as the match prep..

hopefully that helps..

Other questions about Sucsess away from home. Its somthing i noticed but only in the first half of the season. I droped most of my points away from home and Shockingly to **** teams.. I beat the larger ones and Struggled against the lower rep teams.

Try and play some more youth is my advice Start to bring though players into the first team.. keep things fresh. Youth players will tend to shine when asked. I seen that with Welbeck and Cleverly, even into my 2nd season they were still fringe players along with Pogba

I did also Move the more attacking MC into AMC and the more defencive one into DM to make a 41212 wide. I seen that it helped Esp in the 2nd season when teams began to learn my System.

Try some of the above and let me know how you get on.

Cool. I'll adjust match prep as normal. Could be your idea was that an offensive tactic needed defensive match prep to balance things out :) Nevertheless I like the tactic - but I think you need some fast defenders to have the defensive line maxed out. I might try the 41212 (diamond) in season 2 and report back.

febbcae719b7818da1412f4d26a1ca6b.png

9263cc9014a2f6adc7aa4aac4cfa8ee0.png

I know it's only ten games (I actually played 25 and was 22-2-1, but I've lost the save since then), but this puts into perspective how potentially good the tactic can be.

I did a couple of tweaks;

I set the right winger as a AMR, since it seems that when he moves into channels, he retains the ball from a through ball or pass from the AML and create an attacking chance or go for goal.
I've also swapped the near post corner player from the DCR to the STR (Carroll) to give it a bit more realism and not have my centreback scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

I would like to also mention possession wise, the team was extremely dominant in some cases getting over 75% possession and over 600 passes per game (Fabrice Muamba actually got 120 passes completed in one game)

All in all, a fantastic tactic and I will be using again for this save (I had to start again because the database edit I had with the UK Superleage generated players who were 19 and 20... no bueno.)

febbcae719b7818da1412f4d26a1ca6b.png

9263cc9014a2f6adc7aa4aac4cfa8ee0.png

I know it's only ten games (I actually played 25 and was 22-2-1, but I've lost the save since then), but this puts into perspective how potentially good the tactic can be.

I did a couple of tweaks;

I set the right winger as a AMR, since it seems that when he moves into channels, he retains the ball from a through ball or pass from the AML and create an attacking chance or go for goal.
I've also swapped the near post corner player from the DCR to the STR (Carroll) to give it a bit more realism and not have my centreback scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

I would like to also mention possession wise, the team was extremely dominant in some cases getting over 75% possession and over 600 passes per game (Fabrice Muamba actually got 120 passes completed in one game)

All in all, a fantastic tactic and I will be using again for this save (I had to start again because the database edit I had with the UK Superleage generated players who were 19 and 20... no bueno.)

Hey Lawton,

Seem's good, but could you please extende a bit more on what u did??? Or u just chang de MR to AMR???

Hey Daves;

The only tweaks I did was changing the MR to AMR to provide a false third striker, I didn't change any instructions or anything like that as the player normally moves into channels anyway. Since Kuyt and Henderson are the players I use, they've got very good all round offensive technical stats but can still pose a threat in the terms of crossing (Henderson with 17 crossing helps A LOT in this situation).
I drop back the AMR when playing away or against a big side to provide a bit more coverage in the middle of the pitch. :)

This may not be much of a help because it was only minor tweaks and may not affect the results at all.
Liverpool is a very easy and good team to do this with because of the players they have on hand.

Last edited:
Cheer's Lawton,

Thanx for the info, myself, what I did, was drooping one MC to MD and the other to AMC, just like OoscotsmanoO said few post a go. I stopped putting the the Palymakers and the Target man's in the set pieces, and I selected Corners to near post. I'm not playing no Liverpool, by the moment I'm with HSV from German Csp, and Portugal National Team. The results are quite OK, I already beat Dortmund twice, end up coming back to 2-2 with Leverkussen playing with only 7 players, after being back by two goals. Hope it help's as well, and thank you once again for sharing your ideas...

Really cant get into FM at the moment to try out new ideas.. I really want to Move away from attacking tactics like this because alot of people seem to be having Defencive troubles... Myself i have not seen them in any of my games. all my teams its been top Clean sheets and what not. Seems kinda wierd to me.

Never the less i know there are More people who Enjoy Attacking tactics for the goals.

its all very fun but it can be Unrealistic when you have an Average to good Forward on 50 to 70 goals for the season plus scoreing over 200 a season doesnt happen often.

Im going to make something abit more realistic without any of the Forward Expolits with targetmen and no Corner tactic.
It may be a possession tactic but they tend to get bashed for poor results.. Im just goni to stick to simple tactic and make a Nice Defencive tactic.. Might come in handy to use it in your games while useing this tactic. A final 20 min tactic to keep the ball.

Im sure if you like tactics you will have alreaady tweaked this Into a More defencive one.

If so who has and have you seen your team become more stable and Keep more clean sheets then they Previously did ?

Would be interesting to see if you could develop a tactic with the classic target man (big man) & poacher combo up front.

Oh and I found this tactic was pretty solid at the back.

4d13881d9679e42309608a61bfbcd876.png

First game of the season in a new game with Liverpool (they're seriously the only team I wanna play as right now).

Your tactic is beautiful, OoscotsmanoO. :wub:

Really cant get into FM at the moment to try out new ideas.. I really want to Move away from attacking tactics like this because alot of people seem to be having Defencive troubles... Myself i have not seen them in any of my games. all my teams its been top Clean sheets and what not. Seems kinda wierd to me.

Never the less i know there are More people who Enjoy Attacking tactics for the goals.

its all very fun but it can be Unrealistic when you have an Average to good Forward on 50 to 70 goals for the season plus scoreing over 200 a season doesnt happen often.

Im going to make something abit more realistic without any of the Forward Expolits with targetmen and no Corner tactic.
It may be a possession tactic but they tend to get bashed for poor results.. Im just goni to stick to simple tactic and make a Nice Defencive tactic.. Might come in handy to use it in your games while useing this tactic. A final 20 min tactic to keep the ball.

Im sure if you like tactics you will have alreaady tweaked this Into a More defencive one.

If so who has and have you seen your team become more stable and Keep more clean sheets then they Previously did ?
Anti-Football tactic? :)