Hi Djs 1 Im gonna do a man utd save with this tactic Have you bought or sold any players to suit this ?
Can you do a screenie of your squad please?
My starting 11 mate is

Ddg
Cancelo-Bailly-Ramagnoli-Shaw
Mkytarian-Schniederlin-Pogba-Martial
Mata
Zlatan

no major changes only wanted a stronger defence. Unbeaten so far in about 20 games. Mostly sold and brought in youngsters for the u18s and 23s to develop.

I've actually switched back to V1, I found V3 way too leaky at the back and less forgiving for my mid table side, We got absolutely smashed by Bayern 5-0, which is no great surprise really but I've never suffered such a defeat with v1, as a test I reloaded and plugged in V1 and we won the game 1-0.

After looking back at previous games with v1 and comparing with v3 it led me to believe the v3 is leaving me overly exposed

I've actually switched back to V1, I found V3 way too leaky at the back and less forgiving for my mid table side, We got absolutely smashed by Bayern 5-0, which is no great surprise really but I've never suffered such a defeat with v1, as a test I reloaded and plugged in V1 and we won the game 1-0.

After looking back at previous games with v1 and comparing with v3 it led me to believe the v3 is leaving me overly exposed

Yea,the only concern now is how do you come back when you face stronger team and they are destroying you?

Whats your thoughts of changing the AMC and/or the striker role, for what suits your players the best?

yea. i guess is because of some minor details on my players that they are lack of. i'd probably give it more times and test.

I realise the filter got wrong on the MCR or is outdated. Both advanced playmaker & attacking midfielder has the filter with competent at attacking midfielder position.

Hmmm… I thought that I updated the filters but it looks that somehow I missed it.

I've updated it now.

I gave the attacking version a go with Southampton, the 1st season and it been working amazing! :)

Btw, I'm playing with IR

sdsw22.png

sdsw33.png

Hey,

I guess Charlie Austin should be the main striker and Jay Rodriguez at the left and Dusan Tadic at the right?

Guys, I've removed the original tactic from the OP and renamed the attacking version to Avenger V3, it's become the main tactic.

I want to add that the attacking version has been showing the best results I've managed to get in FM17.

In my personal save I play this way: I start matches with Avenger V3(renamed attacking version) and when I get lead by 1 goal or 2 goals or 3 goals or any amount that looks "enough" to me then I change the main tactic to the waste time tactic.

Using Avenger V3(renamed attacking version) in tandem with the waste time tactic gives me the best result in FM17. :)

Avanger_Attacking_Formation.png

Hey TFF,

Do I get it right that there's no difference between the attacking version and V3? So if I've got the attacking version then I don't need to download V3 :)

Playing with Valencia I don't any issues with stronger team, I beat Barca twice in Copa del Rey

vbdl01.png

vbdl02.png

Yea, i don't have problem beating stronger team at home, but away, its a bit tricky for me. You never lose away?

Could someone upload V1 or V2? I just want to try without the BBM and compare.

Thanks!

DEFENSIVE VERSION OF THE TACTIC HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE OP

Guys, this version show excellent results that are similar to the original tactic but this version is much more defensive and less attacking then the original tactic.

I use this tactic when I meet opponents that I consider as "dangerous", and against such opponets I use the defensive version for the 1st half of the match and if I don't happy with the results after the 1st half(for example, I'm losing after the 1st half) then I change to the origianl V3 that is much more attacking.

Avenger_Defensive_Formation.png

Last edited:
TFF. Whats your take on changing the striker role to a role that suits the specific player?

V2 was just better for me, I'm conceding to many goals in away matches...

Of course, I lose sometimes :) but I use it becasue I see that V3 gives me the best chances on success and no any other tactic gives me such good chances

Owh, because you said you have no issue with stronger team just make me wonder. Yea, i do agree V3 give the best chances on success. Cheers.

TFF - Have you tried, if you have a "Beat the offside Trap" striker playing him as a DLF Attack and then tweaking the AMC for support so the roles are reversed? I was just thinking for versatility if users have, for example, a Jamie Vardy? I think it could work quite well if adding Get Further Forward to the AMC?