Status
Not open for further replies.
INITIAL BUDGETS - Wages £375k; Transfers £30.2m
SQUAD
GK Steele + ?
DL Both Lecjaks and Joe Bennett are prospects, should I buy in somebody established ?
DR Naughton seems to be quality, Hoyte as a back up
DC Dragovic, Ryan Bennett, Rhys Williams, then a few nearly good enough
DMC Williams, McCann, Thomson
Box2Box McCann and then ? Need somebody here
Deep Play Thomson, Williams, McCann
Inside st - Falqué, Cabral, Hernández, Emnes
ST Sanogo, and then ? need another here , maybe loanees ?

TRANSFER WINDOW OPENS 9th June 2013
IN
View attachment 229299
Jordan Mutch from Birmingham for £450k,
View attachment 229300
Lukman Haruna from Dynamo Kiev for £3.5m,
View attachment 229301
Mbaye Niang from Caen for £5.5m.

OUT Rade ‘Where’s my dummy’ Prica to Watford for £250k (and good riddance to him)

RELEASED Kink, Bailey, Arca, Geremi, Seb Hines.

SEASON GOAL - Mid table finish - around 50 points (Initial goal 10 points).​

AUGUST 2013
Last friendly match (although I may fix up another) against Crawley
Last player in now, loaned for the season from Man City, John Guidetti.
Well I played another friendly and got beat by Anderlecht 2-0 at home. First game of the season is West Brom (away) and a tight match ends up a 1-0 win to the Baggies. Never mind, the performance was encouraging, at least the second half was.
Next game against Everton (home)
View attachment 229432
Followed up by another good game in the League Cup.
View attachment 229431
TRANSFER HISTORY
View attachment 229435

SEPT 2013
Last month of summer or the first month in autumn ? It starts with a trip to Anfield and a plucky 1-1 draw and it seems now that I’m giving the big sides a match this season, not like last seasons’ embarrassing games.
Next two games are North East derbies, first we take on ‘The Geordies’ at The Riverside.
Followed by a defeat by the mackems, 3-2, at the Stadium of *****. My reaction was this……Irish drinking song - ****** off - YouTube
Another trip to Anfield, this time in the League Cup (or is the Milk Cup, Littlewoods Cup, Tea Cup, Butter Cup) and with time running out, Liverpool lead 1-0 and then……
BORO V Chelsea Viduka's Goal Celebrations - YouTube
Man City come visiting and we hammer them……..for 15 mins and then it’s just one long frustrating match with lots of vivid descriptions of where to shove it. Time for this again…….Irish drinking song - ****** off - YouTube
Boro 1 Man C 3

Last edited:
OCTOBER 2013
September was a disappointing month in the league and only a good win at Newcastle and the cup win at Liverpool were anything to celebrate. There were far too many Irish pub songs and October continued with the same as Man Utd thrashed us at Old Trafford 3-0.
QPR and my best buddy Niel ‘******’ Warnock is the next opponent and after a very tight match, my new signing Niang slots home the winner after 82 mins. The lads have reached 10 points finally and the next goal is 20.
Chelsea away are my next opponents and in a decidedly one-sided match, we scrape through with 0-0 and three men carried off on a stretcher, not all at the same time, otherwise it would be a little cramped on the stretcher.
Suddenly Steve Bruce thinks I’m a good guy now, wonder what changed his mind ?
View attachment 229858
Wonder if he still likes me now ?
View attachment 229857

NOVEMBER 2013
Starts with another big side at The Riverside, The Gunners come with all guns blazing but we hang on for a 0-0 draw. Every point counts - unbelievably, I sound very patient but that can soon change.
And it does.
Spurs absolutely run all over a **** Boro and win 3-0. Time for this song this time Try to watch this without laughing - YouTube

After the international break, high flying Fulham are the visitors to Teesside.
Last game of the month is away to Wolves, we go 3-0 up and then the Boro self-destruct, sets itself into action. It was very nearly this song again.....Irish drinking song - ****** off - YouTube

Ah too bad. One of my irl favourites, dont be shocked if he scores a hattrick ;)

DECEMBER 2013
Starts with a League Cup quarter final match against Blackpool.
West Ham make the long trip up to Teesside, they start off well and take the lead 1-0 through Jack Collison. In the 2nd half (after a bollocking half-time teamtalk) Boro improve to win 2-1 (Cabral, Niang) and we find ourselves 7th with 21 pts after 14 games, next interim goal is 30 pts.
Stoke at the Britannia is the next hurdle but the woodwork stops us on several occasions and Stoke have a goal ruled out for offside. Result 0-0. Kevin ‘Sick Leave’ Thomson is out for 4 weeks with a broken cheekbone.
It hurts when you meet Stoke.
Derby County come to the Riverside in dire need of points but return home with nothing after a comfortable victory for the lads.

Boxing Day means a trip down to Reading for a tricky game, Reading are newly promoted and are struggling - just the sort of team Boro should beat and probably get beaten by.
A disappointing 2-2 draw.
Now we get to experience the crazy scheduling of the English FA, 2 days after the Reading match we have Blackburn coming to town, then 2 days after that we have Villa coming to the Riverside and then 2 days after Villa we have another midland side in WBA at home on New Years Day ( home again !) 3 days later it Spurs away.
Martin Jol joins the list of many who don’t like me, don’t like the football I play and think I’m useless. Very encouraging I must say.
As usual, when another manager says I’m a load of ****, they get to eat their words. A comfortable win and the 30 point milestone achieved.
Next points tally to achieve is 40.

JANUARY 2014
New Years’ Day and WBA come to the Riverside and are lucky to come away with a point. Two tired sides play out a 0-0 draw.
FA Cup 3rd Round next, away to Spurs at Perryman Park (what happened to White Hart Lane ?)
As usual the Boro are outclassed and outplayed by Spurs, I think next time we play‘em then I’ll just holiday for a day, save me watching the ****.
A trip to Merseyside and Goodison Park awaits my lads now, after that it’s the first leg of the semi-finals in the League Cup against Birmingham City.
A dismal performance at Everton and the small hopes of maybe sneaking a Europa league place seems more like cloud cuckoo land actually. Somehow managed to get a 0-0 draw.
Unfortunately the awful form continues into the Birmingham game and it finishes 1-1 at the Riverside. All to do in the return leg at St Andrews.
Liverpool travel across the Pennines and yet again we barely escape with a 2-2 draw.
View attachment 230277
A short trip up the A19 to ‘Geordie Land’ is our next game
View attachment 230276View attachment 230275
Birmingham and the second leg of the semi-final. I was nervous for this and afterwards I wonder why ?
View attachment 230274
Wembley here we come !​

Last edited:
And awaiting us in the final of the League Cup will be the mackems (Sunderland). A North East derby match at Wembley.

Status
Not open for further replies.