Back to the Future: A West Ham United Story

200px-West_Ham_United_FC.svg.png

High flying Hammers

View attachment 273652View attachment 273653

With 8 victories out of the 10 games played over the past couple of months, Hart's men are still in for a good shout in all competitions and sitting in a decent, but congested 5th position in the Premier League with a game in hand which with a win, could put them into 3rd..

City are hot on the heels of the top spot as well with two games in hand sitting in 6th position..

A narrow loss to high flying Arsenal was the only black mark in a good set of results.

With the team already qualified at the top of their group in the Europa League, Hart fielded a younger side in the game against Moscow away from home and was delighted to come away with a 1:1 draw, making his team unbeaten in the group stages..

Monthly awards handed to Hammers

View attachment 273654View attachment 273655

November monthly awards were handed out to youngster Adam Matthews for Young player of the month, with Wellington Nem, a usual contender coming in a close second.

Charlie Mulgrew scoops the Player of the month award with outstandingly consistent performances while scoring two goals in the process and creating a further 3.

Hart signs young left back

View attachment 273651View attachment 273650

Hart landed a talented youngster from Cypriat team AEK Kition for a fee of £1m. The young left back's future is uncertain, however, the coaching staff believe him to have quite a bright future at the club...

Very good record mate, but you should have stopped Arsenal and help United win the title. xD Also, I like that you squashed Chelsea with 4-0 !

Very good record mate, but you should have stopped Arsenal and help United win the title. xD Also, I like that you squashed Chelsea with 4-0 !

I was over the moon with that one :) Arsenal are going crazy, 4 games before the SS they were unbeaten and had not even drawn a game for nearly half a season..

they have spent over £62m in January alone so far.. will update end of Jan!

It's Hammers: Can't touch this

View attachment 273698View attachment 273703

West Ham United had a rather successful January with regards to performances and their movements in the transfer market...

An incredible 4:1 victory over Manchester United was one of the highlights over the past month along with the Hammers place in the Carling Cup Final against Sunderland, even though United won the 2nd leg 2:0. The first chance of silverware for the young manager...

A easily avoidable 3:2 loss over Aston Villa where Harts men had gone 2:0 up in the first half, dominating proceedings, only to be let down by two mistakes by Krul and central defender Munoz which saw Aston Villa capitalize and take the lead late on in the game...

Hart captures Wonderkid

Kurt-Zouma.jpg

View attachment 273699

On the final day of the transfer window, Hart was on the prowl for a new centreback, Kurt Zouma had been a name thrown around for several weeks, some regarding him to be the next big thing in world football...

Hart got on the phone and contacted his club, St Ettienne and put in an offer of £5m which was immediately turned down, a few hours later Hart called back and sent an offer of £7.5m which was accepted, Kurt arrived late on Friday night to sign his contract with the club

Hart also captured young talented defensive midfielder Buzzini from Fiorentina in a deal worth £2.5m

View attachment 273702View attachment 273701

Manager of the Month Awarded to Hart

View attachment 273700

A well deserved award for Hart in a month that his team did little wrong...

World transfers January 2014

View attachment 273697View attachment 273696

League leaders Arsenal spent over £60m in the window with Falcao from Atletico and Griezzman...

Diame left the club to join Norwich after struggling to get back to the level Hart required after his serious injury which kept him out for over 4 months.. He was joined by Mark Noble who joined Norwich as well to make space for Jack Rodwell who arrived from City...

this is the first time I have ever bought Kurt Zouma, I have always recommended him to others but have never had him myself! I decided that I would like to sign him and watch him develop.

Really excited about it :) he is looking great already!!

Jesus... Have fun against that Arsenal team mate! Haha, they must have a crazy lineup! And Zouma turns out awesome. I got him pretty early in my Arsenal save and introduced him into the team over two seasons and after that he's been a regular although he's just 21 or so. If strikers run into him, they break.

I hope so too :) glad I got through to the Carling Cup final, it was one of my aims this season! even though I lost 2:0 to United, went through 4:3 on aggregate which was ok...

really enjoying your story mate, haven't ever really looked at them before but thanks to this one I've been checking out quite a few.
Glad to see Villa beat you though :p

Keep up this run of results and who knows, you may challenge for the title.

cheers all :) update coming a bit later. have not played much since the update!

West Ham United win Carling Cup

carlingcup.jpg

In a tightly contested affair against a resilient Sunderland team, Hart's men came away with a 1:0 victory with new signing, French Wonderkid Kurt Zouma scored from a pin point Charlie Mulgrew cross from a free kick on the edge of the area in extra time to seal the victory...

A memorable victory for Hart and his team, picking up his first piece of silverware as a manager and West Ham's first Carling Cup ever!

View attachment 274010View attachment 274011

A narrow loss to United and Liverpool were the only disapointing results in a month that saw West Ham proceed to the next round of the Europa League with a 5:2 aggregate win over Italian team Napoli

Even though Hart's men created more than 3 times the amount of ccc's than Liverpool, they were unable to put the game to rest with Adam Johnson missing two chances that were easier to score than miss...

View attachment 274014

Young player of the Month award

View attachment 274012

In his first month as a Hammer, new signing Zouma picked up the Young player of the month award with good performances at the heart of the defence.

Dempsey clinches new deal

clint-dempsey-1.jpg

View attachment 274013

American International Clint Dempsey has signed a one year contract extension with the club after a fantastic start to his time at the club so far since signing for free at the start of the season.

Hart had mentioned that Clint deserved a new deal and that is what he got!

Congratulations , reading through this at college well done on winning the cup making waves at west ham :D

Can i ask, what skin Raikan007 is using?
Sorry if I have missed it mentioned before but would love to have it in my game.. fancy a fresh look so if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.