Baggio's Inter: Nerazzurro Pride!

November - December 2011

Serie AView attachment 209877
Disappointing result from Bergamo against the club who shares our colours. Surprisingly poor perfomance by Baggio's men and they will be hoping to bounce back after a defeat like that. First defeat in the league this season.

Champions LeagueView attachment 209881We had to get a good result in this tricky away game against the Swiss side F.C Basel to put ourselves in good position as Villareal is performing very well and winning all of their games. Mauro Zarate with brace of goals to add to his tally.

Serie AView attachment 209887Inter V Roma is usually very entertaining game with plenty of goals. This time round Inter completely dominated the game from start to finish. Philippe Coutinho scored a spectacular goal that is worthy of a "goal of the season" nomination. Watch it for yourself:

[video=youtube;FSVMxabKBas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVMxabKBas&feature=g-upl[/video]

Serie AView attachment 209898Yes, Yes, Yes!!! A win in Derby della Madonnina always gives me fantastic pleasure. AC Milan started the game well and put us under quite alot of pressure, but after the break Inter played with more confidence and has won the game with a goal from Mauro Zarate, who has been in unexpected fantastic form so far. Manager must have said something inspiring during the break.

Champions LeagueView attachment 209899
Qualification to the next stage has been confirmed with solid win in Romania. Again, good perfomance by Zarate and great goal by Forlan has decided this game, comfortable win overall. We still have to beat Villareal for the top spot in the group as they have wone every single one of their games.

Serie AView attachment 209900A shocking result, first defeat of the season at home. We knew that Cagliari was performing above expectations this season as they sit 7th on the League table, but the fans expect us to win this type of games at home. A real disappointment.

Serie AView attachment 209902This was the game where Roberto Baggio's managerial skills were tested. Inter were a goal down before the second half and Baggio took a gamble and introduced Forlan, Pazzini and Milito, using all of his permitted substitutes at the same time. It paid off as Milito scored a great hat-trick, Forlan and Pazzini were the players who made a real difference.

Champions LeagueView attachment 209903Top spot in the group secured thanks to goal from Forlan against his former team. Good team perfomance overall.

Serie A
View attachment 210031Great perfomance by Brazilian defender Lucio, he was rock solid at the back and scored two good headers. An easy win.

Serie AView attachment 209904Despite being the better side most of the game, we have lost our third game in the league this season in hands of Parma, very unlucky.

Serie AView attachment 209906
Finished the year with positive result and great performance against Cesena. Baggio decided to drop Damiao as a lone striker in favour of Diego Forlan after poor perfomance last round. It turned out to be great decision as Forlan scored a brace and produced man of the match performance to go with it.

Mixed results so far and we are about to go to winter break, but overall we are still going strong in this season and with few additional players during the January transfer window, hopefully we will be competing in every tournament all the way.

View attachment 209907

Champions League Group G table:
View attachment 209908

League Table:
View attachment 209909

Last edited:
For the CB I would recommend Otamendi and/or Bocchetti. Both are affordable and ready to go. Recently I played an Inter game myself and had them in my team besides Ranocchia and Lucio. Loads of fun in that save, but I got a little bored after second season when I won the treble. I'll be coming here to see how well is Baggio doing. And by the way, maybe you could upload the Serie A table at some point of the game, I'm curious what's the situation.

For the CB I would recommend Otamendi and/or Bocchetti. Both are affordable and ready to go. Recently I played an Inter game myself and had them in my team besides Ranocchia and Lucio. Loads of fun in that save, but I got a little bored after second season when I won the treble. I'll be coming here to see how well is Baggio doing. And by the way, maybe you could upload the Serie A table at some point of the game, I'm curious what's the situation.

thanks for suggestions, League table uploaded as screenshot in my last update

January-February 2012

There have been some unexpected positive news during the winter break as Julio Cesar and Walter Samuel have been rocevering much faster than expected and they both should be back by the end of January. Therefore, transfer plans have changed and Roberto Baggio has decided to stick with the squad without any changes.

Serie A
View attachment 210578Started the year with trip to Siena, who has been in relegation battle whole season. Started very well with good finish by Cambiasso. However conceded a very sloppy goal early second half. Leandro Damiao put us in front once again with great individual effort. There were dramatic scenes in last minute of the game when Damiao's powerful shot came off the crossbar and seconds after at the other end Siena's Calaio has equailised with a last kick of the game.

Italian cup (1st round)View attachment 210590 Inter lined up mainly reserve team and youth players for this game. They performed very well, especially new signing Luc Castaignos. The Dutch youngster has put on great show, scoring "perfect hat-trick" with first goal coming from his left foot shot, second one header and third one with right foot, impressive!

Serie A
View attachment 210591After impressive performance against Frosinone just two days before this game, Baggio gave Luc Castaignos and Faraoni their Serie A debuts in this match. Opponents of course much tougher in form of Fiorentina. Game was eventually decided by Natali own goal after good play from Andre Ayew.

Serie A
View attachment 210592What an irony! We have been chasing Lavezzi all January in which became one of the most public transfer sagas in Italy this winter and he scores a winner against us. Its a big setback in title fight as this defeat drift us six points off the leaders Juventus.

Italian cup (Quarter final)
View attachment 210593Hangover from loss to Napoli continued as this time we were knocked out of Italian cup. If there was one trophy that I was most confident us winning it, this was it. Roberto Baggio once again named young team, but this time gamble didn't pay off. Fabrini with a goal and a winner for Udinese in which was a very entertaining game despite the scoreline.

Serie A
View attachment 210594A losing streak continues and what a loss it was! Ok, scoreline doesn't tell the whole story, a game was match closer than 4-0 defeat to Lazio suggests, but still we can forget about the title if we play as bad as this in defence again. Luckily for us, Juventus also has lost in this round thanks to Fiorentina. Djibril Cisse has grabbed himself very nice hat-trick and was named as man of the match, unsurprisingly.

Serie AView attachment 210595There were reports circling Italian media before this game that, Baggio has showed signs of anger towards some of his players for the first time, supposedly, because of the recent poor results. Despite this, Inter were unable to find a way past the Palermo defence and never really looked like winning this game. Early steps of managerial pressure for Roberto Baggio? Maybe.

Serie A
View attachment 210602Although it wasn't the strongest Lecce side, it has to be said this was completely different Inter side to the one we saw for the last few weeks. We truly dominated the game from the start to the finish and tactical change of putting two strikers up in figures of Forlan and Damiao front has worked wonders. Impressive by Inter, impressive by Roby!

Serie A
View attachment 210603Losing this game would almost certainly put us out of the title race. Baggio took a risk adapting attacking tactic for this game, but boy did it pay off! Nerazzurri deserved to win but it was a cracking contest. Juventus went up front very early after dreadful mistake by our goalkeeper Emiliano Viciano, but after that it was all Inter in first half. Diego Forlan and Coutinho completed the comeback before the half time. After the interval hosts introduced Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero into the game. He scored one of the goals of the season but it wasn't enough as Inter took all three points thanks to earlier winning goal from Ranocchia's header.

Macth Highlights:
[video=youtube;frxz93kfXNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxz93kfXNE&feature=g-upl&context=G298a6f4AUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Serie A
View attachment 210604Good, solid win for us against motivated Novara side, who bravely did put us under alot of pressure in first 15 minutes of the game and took the lead just beforethe 10 minutes mark. However, Inter completely turned around the fortunes and could have scored more than three goals, which came from Wesley Sneijder, Pazzini and Damiao. Despite ending his long goal drought, Giampaolo Pazzini produced one of the misses of the season. Watch it for yourself:

[video=youtube;4RzDFC7tfwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RzDFC7tfwo&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Champions League (first knockout stage, first leg)
View attachment 210605This was a repeat of the 2009/2020 season Champions League game between this two sides who met in the same stage in a year which brings alot of happy memories for Inter fans. Very tight game and Chelsea eventually scored late in the game with Malouda's volley. Super-sub Diego Milito has equalised for Inter and scored a vital away goal.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;RFyosRpkirA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFyosRpkirA&context=C3fcf615ADOEgsToPDskL-Ki8sZbL00ii1r3oREDSE[/video]

Serie AView attachment 210606Fantastic performance all round by Baggio's men as the torn Chievo apart. Could and probably should have been many more goals for Inter, but i am very happy that we are looking very strong and confident at the moment. Diego Forlan was absolutely explosive in this game and yet another goal for Coutinho. It did not feel like an away game at all. We are on the top of the League table for the first time this season after this win.

View attachment 210607

League Table

View attachment 210613

Few words in Cahmpions League results from first leg matches
There weren't real surprises or shocks, however Milan's 4-0 defeat at home in the hands of Real Madrid was unexpected. As an Inter fan I am always pleased to see AC Milan lose, but as an Italian football fan I am dissapointed for our red and black striped neighbours.
Manchester United will also be dissapointed to lose 1-0 against Spanish side Villareal.

Chamions League First knockout stage first leg resluts:

View attachment 210612

Last edited:
March 2012

Probably the most crucial month for Inter this season. We had games against Udinese, Roma and AC Milan in Serie A and returng leg at the Guiseppe Meazza versus Chelsea. Real Madrid was waiting for has had we beaten the Londoners to reach the Champions League quarter final. Real Madrid was virtually already there after beating AC Milan by four goals away from home in the first leg of their tie.

Serie AView attachment 210885Fantastic performance by the Nerazzurri against solid Genoa side. Lucio opened the scoring early on, Castaignos who earned his place in starting 11 thanks to his recent impressive form, scored the second goal for Inter and Diego Milito has completed the scoring for us. Palacio with consolation late goal for Genoa.

Seria AView attachment 210886Games against Udinese are always tricky, especially away from home and this time was not exception. Antonio Di Natale scored for Udinese as always and it looked like he gave them all three points until Diego Forlan rescued a point for Roberto Baggio's team.

Champions League (first knockout stage, 2nd leg)
View attachment 210887What a game! Andre Ayew and Philippe Coutinho scored great goals for Inter early in the game and we looked quite comfortable until Didier Drogba decided to go for one of his scoring runs. It was 2-2 when he scored his second goal in the 50th minute and advantage for Chelsea with an away goal. Luckily for us Deigo Forlan scored soon after, Ramires's sending off helped us and we managed to hold on for the rest of the game.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;PrVqq58VJ7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVqq58VJ7o&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A
View attachment 210891A dissapointing result and performance after great achivement in Champions League only couple of days ago. Roberto Baggio decided to give rest for the likes of Forlan, Sneijder and Lucio, so maybe that was the main reason for poor result in the game with Atalanta.

Serie AView attachment 210892For some reason everyone seemed so confident during the built-up to this game versus struggling Roma side. We have controlled the game and dominated in all areas. Forlan eventually put us in front and in-form youngster Luc Castaignos scored a powerful goal to kill of the game.

Champions League (Quarter final, first leg)
View attachment 210894We seemed to get worst possible opposition in Champions League draws. After knocking English giants Chelsea, it was Real Madrid this time standing in our way. Jose Mourinho's men have been very impressive this year and are clear leaders in La Liga. Game started in worst possible way for us when Gonzalo Higuain scored with just 2 minutes on the clock. Andre Ayew scored a screamer for us and what a vital goal for us. We managed to held on until the finish and now have a good chance to reach semi-final. If we do reach semi-final some how, we will play either Borussia Dortmund or Manchester United.

Serie A
View attachment 210902Unbelievable!!! I am still buzzing after this game. There must be something with Mauro Zarate when it comes to Derby della Madonnina, he always puts on great performance against Milan. We were in so much control, at times I thought we would beat their all time high 6-0 win against us. What a pleasure to virtually end AC Milan's title hopes and put ourselves in great position to win the League trophy. Fantastic hat-trick for Il Principe who has been in explosive form lately. As you can guess, I decided to upload the highlight below:

Match Highlights
:
[video=youtube;0C-IxPHgZt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C-IxPHgZt0&context=C3fcf615ADOEgsToPDskL-Ki8sZbL00ii1r3oREDSE[/video]

View attachment 210903

Serie A Table:

View attachment 210904

Last edited:
April-May 2012

Here we go, the most important months of the season. We had return leg of the Champions League quarter final againts Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid. Like the last game in CL with Chelsea, we already knew our next opponents if we could get through Real Madrid test. Manchester United have won their first leg against Borussia Dortmund 4-0 and they were virtually in semi-final.
In Serie A we were 1st in the table after some good resluts in March
. Juventus is second with 3 points less than us and AC Milan, after some impressive turnaround in their season sit third. Final two months of the season in Serie A has thrown some of the most thrilling games.

Champions League (Quarter final second leg)View attachment 211154Just an unbelievable result. Everyone were quite nervous before this game as Real Madrid has an excellent away reslult both in Europe and in their domestic league, plus we were quite lucky to get 1-1 result in first leag at Bernabeu. Nerves were setlled very quickly, only after 2 minutes when Diego Milito scored in his typical style. We continued to have a better share of possesion and control and doubed our lead with a goal from another Diego, Diego Forlan from a penalty kick right at the death of first half. Diego Milito scored his second goal from great half volley to make it 3-0 and put us through semi-finals. We look unstoppable at the moment.

Match Highlights:
[video=youtube;Yjvl4LegwPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjvl4LegwPE&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Stats:
View attachment 211158

Serie A
View attachment 211159Important result and very important 3 points for us. Diego Milito's remarkable recent form continues as he grabs himself another brace of goals. Roberto Baggio's men getting closer and closer to league title.

Serie A
View attachment 211160Despite dominating the game in the first half, we allowed Bologna to get back to the game in the second half. But Philippe Coutinho scored one of the most vital winning goals for us this season to win us all three points. Earlier in the game Leandro Damiao has ended his goal drought and Milito continued scoring in every game this month.

Serie A
View attachment 211161Diego Milito is in unstoppable form at the moment, he just can not stop scoring. However we lost vital two points in this game with Catania after Maxi Lopez scored late equalising goal.

Chamions League (Semi-Final first leg)
View attachment 211162This game reminded me of our CL Semi Final game at the Guiseppe Meazza against Barcelona couple of yars ago. Same scoreine, similar type of performance. Coutinho and Sneijder took their chances well to put us 2-0 up, before Manchester United's Valencia did get one back for visitors. The Red Devils started to put us under pressure after that goal, but we managed to provide a sucker punch for this game with great taken goal by Leandro Damiao.

Serie AView attachment 211163Unfortunately quite alot of negatives after this game for us. Roberto Baggio decided to stick with a same team that beat Manchester United just three days ago and that maybe was the main reason for Lucio and Sneijder getting long term injuries. Parma played well and deserved their point out of this game. Goals from two Diegos once again.

Champions League (Semi-Final second leag)
View attachment 211165We knew we had still some work to do at Old Trafford. But after early goals from Milito and Castaignos who was a surprise starter up front and sending off Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini, I knew we were on our way to Allianz Arena to face Barcelona in final. Wayne Rooney scored two goals quickly before the interval to put us under pressure in second half.

Stats:
View attachment 211176

Serie A
View attachment 211177Great performance by Baggio's men. Routine, comfortable win with goals from Diego Forlan and Mauro Zarate. One more win and title is ours.

Serie A
View attachment 211179Roberto Baggio has won the Serie A title in his debust season as manager after a win against Siena. Diego Forlan and Mauro Zarate again were the heroes as Nerazzurri celebrated in front of their fans.

Serie AView attachment 211181Baggio changed 10 players for this last game of the season as league was already won but result was similar to recent games. Ricardo Alvarez surprised us all by scoring two spectacular goals. Forlan added to his tally and Thiago Motta scored his first goal of the season. Great way to finish of the Serie A season.

View attachment 211184

Final Serie A table:

View attachment 211185

Last edited:
thanks alot mate, one more game to go, Champions League final, no big deal :) just have to beat certain team called Barcelona lol

What a day, after our win against Sieno at the Guiseppe Meazza whole Milan seemed to explode with happines and celebrations. Once again our captain Javier Zanetti holds 19th Serie A trophy for Inter. I was ecstatic, as players celebrated with Nerazzurri fans, our song "Amala" started to ring all around the stadium:

[video=youtube;Ur2x4y6Lo8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur2x4y6Lo8g[/video]

View attachment 211428

Last edited:
Glad you managed to turn it around against Lecce - just in time to beat Juve! Then it rolled on from then! Well done mate!

Last edited:
thanks alot, yeah it wasn't very smooth season, but we managed to win thanks to some good luck as well.

2012 UEFA Champions League Final

View attachment 211328

Aftern an incredible season for Roberto Baggio and Inter it was time to focus on last game of the season, the big one against arguably the best side in the world: Barcelona. They were outstanding all season, unbeaten in La Liga. Barca finished their domestic league with record 102 points and scoring 107 goals. Absolutely incredible results.

View attachment 211332 View attachment 211333

View attachment 211334 View attachment 211335 View attachment 211336

Last edited: