Baggio's Inter: Nerazzurro Pride!

I didn't check to be honest, But now he is uninterested to join us.... I hope I can get him in summer

April 2013

Italian Cup (Semi-final, second leg)
View attachment 215139Inter manager Roberto Baggio looked quite confident of his team reaching the final after winning the first leg 2-0 against Catania, so he fielded team mostly made of reserve and youth tean for this second leg. At the end we defended against the home team and looked very comfortable. We are in the final of Italian Cup, the only competition that Baggio hasn't won yet.

Serie A
View attachment 215142Andrea Poli started this game after being almost a month out with injury and he was the most impressive player in this game with two headers and an assist. Leandro Damio has also added to his tally and lookes on course to win the top scorer award in Serie A. Another three points!

Champions League (Quarter-final first leg)
View attachment 215143We played against Sporting Lisbon already twice earlier this season in group stages and won the both games, but they were much better this time around. We also had a slight advantage playing first game away. Hosts opened the scoring very early but we we back in this game soon after, with goal from Forlan yet again, He grabbed himself another vital away goal in the second half.

Serie A
View attachment 215149Goals galore at Stadio Dall'Ara. We were 5-1 up after the hour mark with hat-trick from leading goal-scorer Leandro Damiao and a brace from Wesley Sneijder, but we allowed Bologna score twice and put us under pressure during the final stages of the game.

Champions League Quarter-final second leg)
View attachment 215154The biggest win of the season in terms of goal numbers and probably one of the best performances from Inter this year. We gave no chance to Portugese visitors, Forlan and Paloschi scored two each before an own goal and Leandro Damio has completed the great result.

Match Highlights:

[video=youtube;hYms8GlwpiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYms8GlwpiA&feature=g-upl&context=G298a6f4AUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Uefa Champions League Quarter final results: View attachment 215157

Uefa Champions League Semi final fixtures:
View attachment 215158

Serie A
View attachment 215141This was the first game of Carlo Ancelotti in charge of Roma and what an occasion it would be for former AC Milan manager to start his career in Rome with win against Inter. On the pitch though, we were in control from the start. Alberto Paloschi continues to impress following his £6 million move in January. There were also goals for players who has been the key players for Inter this season: Ricardo Alvarez, Leandro Damiao and Andrea Ranocchia.

Match Highlights:

[video=youtube;jhAPFw1nEJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhAPFw1nEJ4&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

Serie A
View attachment 215160We lost the chance to win the league in April with this defeat against Genoa. They have the best record against Roberto Baggio out of any team and once again showed why they have been the most impressive team in Serie A except Inter this season. It was very tight game but we were always playing catch-up after Genoa went 2-0 up early in the second half with goals from former Inter trainee Robert Acquafresca and Bacionovic. The only positive from this game for us is another goal for Alberto Paloschi.

Serie A
View attachment 215162Baggio's boys bounced back from dissapointing loss in Genoa with comfortable win against Torino. Diego Forlan was the man who stole the show with his incrodible fourth hat-trick of the season. Esteban Cambiasso scored his first goal of the season to make it 4-1. One more point and we will secure the Serie A title and the next game is against... AC Milan! It would be great to win it in San Siro against our fiercest rivals.

April results:
View attachment 215163

May 2013

Champions League (Semi-Final first leg)View attachment 215346
First game of very busy and most crucial month of the season was against German giants Bayern Munich. No team has ever won back-to-back of the current format UEFA Champions League, but we after this game it seems to me that we will get great chance to do that. We outplayed Bayern in every department, only consolation for them is the away goal scored from only on target shot they had.
Inter's amazing goal scoring run in this competition continues with brace from Leandro Damiao, strong header from Andrea Ranocchia and superb long range shot from Andre Ayew. We are in pole position to reach the final after this result.
View attachment 215352

Serie AView attachment 215355One of the sweetest victories ever for Inter fans in Derby Della Madonnina. We only needed a draw to wrap up the title, but whole Inter really wanted to win against our red-and-black striped neighbours. Game itself was quite tight, both teams really trying hard to win, but it was that man again, Leandro Damiao who won the game with well taken shot after putting himself one-on-one with Milan goalkeeper. Second Serie A title in a row for Roberto Baggio.

Champions League (Semi-Final second leg)View attachment 215357Despite winning the first leg at San Siro quite comfortably, we knew we had to concentrate and make sure that we defend well in Munich. We did exactly that, gave no chance to Bayern and scored two well taken goals from strikers Damiao and Paloschi. Well deserved victory. Real Madrid awaits us in Final.

Serie AView attachment 215358After winning the title with three games to go we had an exellent opportunity to test out some youngsters such as exciting goalkeeper Matej Jozinovic in competitive games. Very comfortable win once again. Alberto Paloschi continue to add to his tally and Diego Forlan back with a bang from small knock he received two weeks ago.

Serie AView attachment 215362Roberto Baggio has decided to put very strong main team for this game probably to keep the guys in shape for upcoming Italian Cup and Champions League finals. No trouble at all there, very sound performance with some quality goals. Leandro Damio has put on a great performance once again with two goals and Alberto Paloschi scored hisfourth goal in last 3 games.

Serie AView attachment 215366Almost completely changed team for the third game in a row, same outcome even though Inter players played very careful game to make sure none of the players picked up injuries ahead of two massive games against Genoa in cup final and of course versus Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid in Champions League.

Final Serie A table:
View attachment 215373

Leandro Damiao has won the best player and top goalscorer of the year awards:
View attachment 215374 View attachment 215375 View attachment 215376

Serie A team of the year:View attachment 215377

Italian Cup Final:View attachment 215378
This cup was the only title that Roberto Baggio didn't win yeat in his short managerial career, so Inter players were fired up to win it for their beloved manager. Genoa once again impressed against us especially in first half and we definitely have to give them credit for fantastic achivement. However we Inter were too strong for them and eventually scored the goals they wanted with strikes from Spanish youngster Keko and one of the players of the season Diego Forlan.

View attachment 215379

View attachment 215380

May fixtures:View attachment 215381

Last edited:
Great results mate, KUTGW! Hope you get Neymar too ! ;)

Thanks alot l3east and Poppa_ChesterCityFC. But stupid Neymar seems uninterested all of a sudden, I had £20 million accepted in january plus he also accepted 125k aweek but failed the medical.
I will try to get him in summer for now though i am only worried about Real Madrid game. I hope i can make inter the first team to win back to back CL titles in UEFA CL.

Last edited:
I can't believe they sacked him!

View attachment 215560

Whenever Roma decided to sack their manager, Carlo Ancelotti always was one of the first names mentioned to take over. When that finally happened earlier this year, many guessed long successful career for him in club from capital. But it all came to very early end when Roma shocked everyone by announcing that they relieved him of his duties barely two months after giving him the job.

View attachment 215561

Last edited:
2013 UEFA Champions League Final

Inter - Real Madrid review:

View attachment 216216

View attachment 216217

Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid
will go head-to-head with Roberto Baggio's Inter Milan side in this year's all important Champions League Final in Wembley. It is the first ever final to be held in June.

One of the main talking points before the game is the fact that Real Madrid will have to try to win their first European title in more than a decade without Cristiano Ronaldo, who is injured.

Inter on the other hand have all of their players fully fit and in top form. Italians scored almost twice as more goals than anyone alse this season with Diego Forlan scoring a record braking 16 goals in the competition.
Despite this, the bookmakers choose Real Madrid as slight favourites:

View attachment 216218

Formations:

View attachment 216219 View attachment 216220

View attachment 216221

League Tables for both tams:

View attachment 216223 View attachment 216222

View attachment 216224

Last edited:
I cant wait for the update with the result ! I support Madrid but i just cant see your Inter losing :p

Well Real Madrid are favourites... :) I will play it tonight and probably update tonish after the game or tomorrow

Injustice

UEFA Champions League final

View attachment 216434
Roberto Baggio's interview said it all : "When mistakes are made by referee in football matches such as offsides or disallowed goals we put it as human error, but these things shouldn't happen, especially in games like this where history is made.
I watched Alvarez's goal over and over again, I am convinced it wasn't offiside. All the player are angry and hurt by what happened on the pitch today, but we can be proud of what we achieved this season. We also have to congratulate Real Madrid and Jose Mourinho for winning this title."

He was of course talking about dissallowed goal which would have equalised the score with only 5 minutes to go.

Here is the "only" goal of the game scored by Xabi Alonso with 10 minutes to go:

[video=youtube;eDdo1Xh0IlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdo1Xh0IlA&feature=g-upl&context=G2c3000aAUAAAAAAACAA[/video]

And here is that disallowed goal:

[video=youtube;miidrEhrWiA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miidrEhrWiA&feature=g-upl&context=G298a6f4AUAAAAAAABAA[/video]

View attachment 216463

View attachment 216472

View attachment 216473

Diego Forlan named best player of Champions League and also won the Golden Boot award

View attachment 216451View attachment 216452

Team of the season in Champions League

View attachment 216455

Wesley Sneijder's goal against Panathinaikos has been voted as best goal of the season in Europe

[video=youtube;IzRoM0-xfnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzRoM0-xfnw&feature=g-upl&context=G2a6d274AUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

View attachment 216457

Last edited:
Unlucky mate they were aiming for that 10th Champions League which must have given them a bit of extra drive! But seriously great season and im sure plenty more silverware to come :)

Unlucky mate they were aiming for that 10th Champions League which must have given them a bit of extra drive! But seriously great season and im sure plenty more silverware to come :)

yeah I know, but it was cruel, we scored a perfectly fine goal and they disallowed. I am now more motivated to win it next season though :)

What a gentleman!

After two years he took charge at Guiseppe Meazza, I finally had an opportunity to interview my icon Roberto Baggio. Well technically my job was to take important notes to put on our website, our senior sport analyst Luigi Carmello was asking the questions. The question everyone wanted to ask was of course about Champions League final and that disallowed goal.

In recent days referee Tom Henning Ovrebo has received death threats from Internazionale fans for his mistake in the game against Real Madrid by not counting Alvarez's goal. There were even suggestions that Inter Milan would withdraw from next season's competition as a sign of protest. But Roberto Baggio has effectively put an end to all that.

Most of us know what kind of person Baggio is, he is still working as Unicef Peace ambassador and spends much of his free time helping others, but his comments about this whole ongoing saga showed what a gentleman he really is. Here is the full interview he gave to Inter official website:

View attachment 216886

-Roberto, what is your thoughts on last season which was very successful for your team bar one fixture?
-We had a fantastic season, team is playing exactly the way we wanted to play and they are giving fans alot to be happy about. I am very happy and proud of what we achieved so far and I beleive there are much more to come from this team in the future.

-Of course recent weeks has been dominated by what happened in Champions League final, are you angry?
-Am I angry? no, I am not. I am dissapointed not to win the title. I understand some of our fans are angry with the decision (from refere Tom Ovrebo), but that shouldn't spoil the celebration for Real Madrid, by their standards they had to wait long time for this title and they deserve to celebrate it, we have to congratulate them, it has been their year in Champions league and I am sure our time will come again. We all have to move on, we are already concentrating on next season and I would like to ask our fans to do the same. This is football and this kind of things can happen sometimes.

-But after the game you said "this kind of things shouldn't happen in football, especially in games like this where one mistake can cost you a title and place in history"...
-I have to confess in the heat of the moment I might have said things I do not necessarily mean, Ovrebo is a human and can make mistakes, I was talking about the game in general. We have to address this issues in football because the people who suffer the most becaue of this kind of things are the fans. As I said I would like to wove on and look forward to next season now...

-Can you clarify to us what happened with neymar's transfer to Inter in January? And do you have plans to re-bid for him during the summer?
-In January we had offer accepted for him, he also accepted personal terms with the club, but then almost at the same time he got injured and his tranfer had to be put on hold until he recovered. Once he did recover for some reason they were not interested talking to us anymore, so we had to cancel his transfer. We will see what can be done this summer, but if someone is not interested to join our club, that is their choice and we have to respect that.

What about the squad? Are you planning to sell anyone?
No. Unfortunately we will have to deal with one of the biggest losses this team ever had to face. Javier Zanetti has decided to retire from football, but I am hoping we will not have to lose anyone from the squad.

Javier Zanetti retires
View attachment 216911

-This comes as a surprise to us, did he decide to retire from football just recently?
-No, he told me in December, he just didn't want to tell anyone until end of the season to make sure that team's morale is not affected by this, that's just kind of a person he is. He will be missed, but he will stay with the club and work with us as a coach.

-Javier Zanetti has been a captain of this club for for very long time, it will be big shoes to fill, who will be the captain for you now?
-We have not decided yet, I wanted players to go away, have a good rest with their families and once we all back, we will discuss it.

View attachment 216892

Last edited: