Barcelona Brilliance

Interesting point & I completely respect your opinion.
But considering Im in my 6th season, ofcourse I have sold some big players for various reasons over the years but I would consider the replacements for all departed as far better & that its near on impossible to emulate what I have achieved over the 6 x seasons I have managed the club.
On paper, the names dont seem big but as I am in the 6th season, these players are much older than when the game loads & players such as Akinfeev, Sakho, Dzagoev, Mata, Balotelli, Bojan etc have all become "World Class" descriptions & key full internationals & are amongst the finest players in the world I assure you, & their stats & performances are the best around on the game, Hence 6/6 Champions Leagues.

Last edited:
hmm, maybe you can consider retraining dzagoev into a amr/l considering that he seems like a utility player =)

Theres only one thing that i have to question on this thread and thats post #47 shows your transfers and the only sale made was to Roma which was Kerrison for 48 million, A good deal you would think but the fact that Roma's name on the screenshot is displayed in yellow as opposed to white which only happens when you either take control of that team or your the parent/feeder club to that team just looks very odd.

I dont see Roma being Barca's parent club and i really doubt Barca would be Roma's parent club neither.The date on that screenshot is 20th of July 2011.Then in post #51 you post another screenshot again of your transfers which shows Roma again signing Kerrions for the 48 million however now they are displayed in white rather than yellow as they were on the other post.

The date on that screenshot is 8th of August 2011 which is only 19 days after the other one, Highly doubtful you would drop your parent club in that period of time if they were your parent club and even less likely if Roma were a feeder club you would drop them neither.

Now considering your money you dont require a parent club thats for sure, Roma have 48 million to spend on a single player, I highly doubt they need a parent club neither.The only other reason i know of for a team showing up in a different color is when you are in control of them.Anyone know of another reason for that please enlighten me though.

The only one of those that seems realistic to me is you controling them simply due to the clubs involved and the ammount of money both teams have makes a parent club really unlikely.I could be wrong, It wouldnt be the first time but really i would need to see a screenshot of Roma's club history before i would be convinced.

yeah some1 i know managed wales and cardiff at the same time after getting offered the cardiff job whilst in quals with wales

Yea im managing Croatia and Dinamo Zagreb at the same time right now.

Good read this is, very nice deals you have made here. Btw could you post SS of Balotelli, Santon and Keirrison??

Greatest Ever Achievement

Just finished my 6th & final season for a while due to the purchase of FM2010 release day.

Just won my 6th Champion League, aswell as 6th La Liga title along with my 1st Major honour internationally, the World Cup with Spain !!!

For Barcelona, I have sold Iniesta, Flamini & Thiago Silva which I got huge money for, with Iniesta being sold for £40.5m & Flamini £36m (which I only bought for 30m few years back)
I have replaced these with Camacho (Worldwide) for £26.5m (Bargain) & also snapped up Ben Arfa(Worldwide) for free as contract expired.

I have an unbeatable team in both stats & history with my squad, with Balotelli being my finest player with Messi, Mata, Dzagoev, Camacho, Sissoko, Sakho & Akinfeev making it 8 x "Worldwide" players in starting eleven with Bojan, Saivet & Ben Arfa "Worldwide" subs.

I have emulated my abition by becoming the most successful manager to date by winning all of these honours & may retire from FM09 on this achievement & hope to challenge for major honours again with the new FM2010.

Hope you enjoy, Thanks for sharing my experience.....

View attachment 14331

View attachment 14332

View attachment 14333

View attachment 14334

View attachment 14338

View attachment 14335