Barcelona - Real Madrid 16.04 La Liga

Shocked to see Ronaldo cost more than all of Barcelona's starting line up tonight.

obscene amount of money, but terrifyingly he's been justifying the outlay

One of the best parts of the game was Joss & Mantralux on twitter raging at everything Barcelona did, some of it really was pathetic.
When you're the best team in the world, i'm pretty sure you're aloud a certain amount of arrogance?

mes que un club = more than a club - this isn't based on their football, or their transfer policy, but on the fact that they pride themselves on being catalan. Jeeeeeeez. Also, as someone has pointed out, it's usually the papers that do the 'tapping up' not the club.

Barcelona have pretty much won the league after tonight, Madrid needed a win to have any chance, and they didn't get it, and i can't see Barca dropping 8 points tbh. Now to the Copa Del Rey and Champions League, the two legged tie is obviously the biggest game out of the lot, so that'll be interesting to watch. Puyol going off today changed the game imo, & i don't think it was a penalty for Madrid, Marcelo clearly dived, as the camera appeared to show Alves make no contact with the Brazilian.

One of the best parts of the game was Joss & Mantralux on twitter raging at everything Barcelona did, some of it really was pathetic.
When you're the best team in the world, i'm pretty sure you're aloud a certain amount of arrogance?

mes que un club = more than a club - this isn't based on their football, or their transfer policy, but on the fact that they pride themselves on being catalan. Jeeeeeeez. Also, as someone has pointed out, it's usually the papers that do the 'tapping up' not the club.

Barcelona have pretty much won the league after tonight, Madrid needed a win to have any chance, and they didn't get it, and i can't see Barca dropping 8 points tbh. Now to the Copa Del Rey and Champions League, the two legged tie is obviously the biggest game out of the lot, so that'll be interesting to watch. Puyol going off today changed the game imo, & i don't think it was a penalty for Madrid, Marcelo clearly dived, as the camera appeared to show Alves make no contact with the Brazilian.

marcelo's leg was caught. as for the mes que un club, since they closed their membership to the public, that idea goes out the window. also some of barca's antics (as well as madrids) were ridiculous, if it was united you'd be having a go, but suddenly barca are allowed some arrogance? not how the laws of the game work

marcelo's leg was caught. as for the mes que un club, since they closed their membership to the public, that idea goes out the window. also some of barca's antics (as well as madrids) were ridiculous, if it was united you'd be having a go, but suddenly barca are allowed some arrogance? not how the laws of the game work

Not once did i say i agreed with some of Barcelona's antics, but for how bad Barca were, Madrid were even worse. As i said, from the view that I saw, it didn't look like he was touched, and the people I was with all said the same.

Not once did i say i agreed with some of Barcelona's antics, but for how bad Barca were, Madrid were even worse. As i said, from the view that I saw, it didn't look like he was touched, and the people I was with all said the same.

both sides were as bad as each other, kind of ruined the game from a neutral standpoint

both sides were as bad as each other, kind of ruined the game from a neutral standpoint

see, i slightly favour Barcelona (have done since I was about 9 or 10, so please, no accusations of glory hunting) so i'll probably be slightly bias, although, nowhere near as bias as Mantralux or Joss...

It'd be interesting to see how many times a Mourihno team has finished with 10 men against Barcelona, as i re-call at least 4 occasions at least...

see, i slightly favour Barcelona (have done since I was about 9 or 10, so please, no accusations of glory hunting) so i'll probably be slightly bias, although, nowhere near as bias as Mantralux or Joss...

It'd be interesting to see how many times a Mourihno team has finished with 10 men against Barcelona, as i re-call at least 4 occasions at least...

i dont agree with their constant criticisms of barca, some of which is over the top but both sides were ridiculous tonight. To be fair i remember two of those sending offs were the results of faking from barca players. I can see fakery having a bigger impact than pure abilty in the next few games

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

there is one thing to add, even with 10 men the Pepe-Khedira combination worked well and i can see that being deployed as 4-2-3-1 in the next 3 games

it's like saying "Why do Liverpool fans hate Man Utd?"

No, no, no, it really isn't. The United-Liverpool rivalry was started years ago, originally there was a City rivalry because of the Leeds-Liverpool canal and then a football rivalry gradually developed through the 70's/80's and now it is one of the biggest in the world. The people of both cities generally dislike eachother and the clubs dislike eachother, it goes much deeper than the fact either team was courting a player.

Not having a go btw, just wondering how you can compare Arsenal and Barca's rivalry and Liverpool and United's?

The "negative" tactics from Real kind of worked last night :mad:. I sky+'d it and watched after I got back from the footy :D. I thought Pepe did a great job of nullifying Barcelona's creative players. Would of liked to see Barcelona win it but at least they didn't lose and let Real back into the title picture.

The "negative" tactics from Real kind of worked last night :mad:. I sky+'d it and watched after I got back from the footy :D. I thought Pepe did a great job of nullifying Barcelona's creative players. Would of liked to see Barcelona win it but at least they didn't lose and let Real back into the title picture.

I think RM created more clear-cut chances than Barca even with their negative tactics tbh. Pepe was outstanding and Dani Alves got no joy on the right hand side like he usually does. Obviously RM's biggest threat was set-pieces, and they could have had three goals from corners and the FK which hit the post.

Not sure why anyone was surprised Mourinho had more negative tactics tbh - obviously without a win they're pretty much out of the title race, but they sort of are already anyway - even with only 5 points so it made sense to loo for a draw/tight win (which they could have got with Barca not playing particularly well and Ronaldo hitting the post, last ditch tackle from Adriano when Ronaldo was clean through, header off the line etc.)

I expect Mourinho to stay even if he doesn't win La Liga.. I think they've got a good shot at the CL and the CdR - How long has Villa gone without a goal now?

Tempted to put a bet on Barca winning at least one penalty during the next 3 clasicos.

I expect Mourinho to stay even if he doesn't win La Liga.. I think they've got a good shot at the CL and the CdR - How long has Villa gone without a goal now?

Ten games, IIRC. Pretty big goal drought for him.

Ten games, IIRC. Pretty big goal drought for him.

That's the one.

Longer than Fernando Torres at Chelsea! Spain could be in a spot of bother if neither of their strikers can find some form..

pepe or adriano were surely man of the match .

barca infuriate me. From trying to steal fabregas from us to thier constant diving.

Busquets spends more time on his **** than he does on his feet.

I hope real madrid hammer them on wednesday.

pepe or adriano were surely man of the match .

barca infuriate me. From trying to steal fabregas from us to thier constant diving.

Busquets spends more time on his **** than he does on his feet.

I hope real madrid hammer them on wednesday.

Meh, I don't mind the attempting to sign Fabregas because they'll need him when Xavi starts to decline so it's understandable.

The constant diving however makes me hate the team, so unnecessary when you play such good football.

That's the one.

Longer than Fernando Torres at Chelsea! Spain could be in a spot of bother if neither of their strikers can find some form..

Neh, Torres has gone twelve games without a goal as opposed to Villa ten. And you're right, if they don't start firing on all cylinders, their next qualifying match will be difficult. Llorente will get his chance, but Aduriz, Guiza and Negredo will be doubtful in become their top strikers to replace their out-of-form frontmen.

to be fair I don't think Villa is playing too badly just not scoring goals which I think he will do for Spain as he's their main goalscorer where as Messi is at Barcelona

to be fair I don't think Villa is playing too badly just not scoring goals which I think he will do for Spain as he's their main goalscorer where as Messi is at Barcelona

He's not in bad form in the sense that Torres is - his movement is fine etc. but he can't find the net and his finishing is completely off. He had a great chance yesterday when Messi played him in and he scuffed his shot straight at Casillas (who btw, also had a good game) when you'd expect a player like him - a goalscorer - to hit the back of the net every time.

@INickStuff - it's 9 league games, I think... Does Villa's drought carry over to CL/CdR etc.?

He's not in bad form in the sense that Torres is - his movement is fine etc. but he can't find the net and his finishing is completely off. He had a great chance yesterday when Messi played him in and he scuffed his shot straight at Casillas (who btw, also had a good game) when you'd expect a player like him - a goalscorer - to hit the back of the net every time.

@INickStuff - it's 9 league games, I think... Does Villa's drought carry over to CL/CdR etc.?

Yes. I think so. Since Torres has played in the Champions League this season and probably for Liverpool in the F.A. Cup.

I actually quite enjoyed the game, I like watching Barca's style of play, even the 'boring' bits. Thought Pepe was superb, he limited the Barca midfield a lot, Ozil was also superb when he came on. I agree that Di Maria was poor last night, but I think he is a good player. He is over-rated slightly though.

As for the arrogance/attitude, I like Barca a lot (ever since Ronaldo signed for them) but their attitude stank last night. I can't stand when players are up in the ref's face, waving invisible cards. That's the reason why I can't stand Ronaldo, Marcelo, Drogba, etc.

I fancy Madrid for the Copa del Rey and the CL (to lose to Schalke :p), but definitely Barca for the league.