Barcelona - Real Madrid 16.04 La Liga

Not really, because Liverpool-United are miles from each other, and have a fiery history and such. Arsenal and Barcelona's not as obvious really.

I agree with the courting of players, that's how they got Mascha, but come one, you have to admire them despite this.

I admire their football. I don't admire their antics - diving, surrounding the ref, club philosophy of "mightier than thou" etc.

The El classico finished 1:1

Fair, both sides played equally (i was only watching from like the 60th minute).

Lot of tension in the match

Finished. 1-1. Ozil was IMO the best player, even if he only played for 20-25 mins. Barcelona and Real Madrid both didn't bring their A-game. Very jitterish.

I hate them both tbh. I used to like Barca but they have developed diving ttm now. 3 match bans should be introduced as after 2/3 weeks it would be gone completely

The El classico finished 1:1

Fair, both sides played equally (i was only watching from like the 60th minute).

Lot of tension in the match

Seriously? THE El Classico? :facepalm:

"El" = The in Spanish surprisingly enough.

Because their attitude stinks to high heaven. They think they have a divine right to win everything and sign whoever they want - Fabregas, Overmars, Henry, Hleb, Villa etc. were all signed/courted by Barcelona through media.

Dive all the time - Busquets seems to break his jaw every 10 minutes and it's like saying "Why do Liverpool fans hate Man Utd?"

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Oh and we're not emulating their style. It's the Dutch style of the 70s...

Its the way Barca and Madrid get the players they want. Its the way they do it in Spain and it always works so why would they stop it?? Why should they care if Arsenal are upset if they are improving their squad? Barca proberly dont like Arsenal nicking their youngsters but they still do?

Pepe has to be MOM - outstanding all game and constantly broke up Barca's attacks in midfield.

Barca kept possession but didn't create all that many clear-cut chances tbh

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Its the way Barca and Madrid get the players they want. Its the way they do it in Spain and it always works so why would they stop it?? Why should they care if Arsenal are upset if they are improving their squad? Barca proberly dont like Arsenal nicking their youngsters but they still do?

I'm not saying they should care... Although they should stop claiming their so special and humble and "mes que un club" / "mightier than thou" if they're going to keep doing it.

Just because that's the way they do it, doesn't mean I should lay down and take it ffs

Pepe has to be MOM - outstanding all game and constantly broke up Barca's attacks in midfield.

Barca kept possession but didn't create all that many clear-cut chances tbh

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

I'm not saying they should care... Although they should stop claiming their so special and humble and "mes que un club" / "mightier than thou" if they're going to keep doing it.

Just because that's the way they do it, doesn't mean I should lay down and take it ffs

If you win so much and get lauded as the best team ever than what else are you ment to think than you are mighty and the best. U shouldnt lay down and take it but like i say Arsenal like to pinch Barca's young lads and they proberly dont like that. So for me its tic for tac.

If you win so much and get lauded as the best team ever than what else are you ment to think than you are mighty and the best. U shouldnt lay down and take it but like i say Arsenal like to pinch Barca's young lads and they proberly dont like that. So for me its tic for tac.

HA! That's ridiculous - because they play good football, they should be allowed to break the rules to try and sign players?

Also - You REALLY think Barca don't do the same? Something like 15 of their Academy A and B sides are non-EU.. they tried to sign Benik Afobe and Chuks Aneke through approaching their agents last year as well.. They do EXACTLY the same thing.

Also as I said, that isn't the only reason I hate Barca.

Diving, whinging and moaning aside; it was a decent game, fancy Madrid in the Knockouts though. As for Barca, they can shove their hlier than thou attitude, they're just as bad as any other side, they just play better football

Diving, whinging and moaning aside; it was a decent game, fancy Madrid in the Knockouts though. As for Barca, they can shove their hlier than thou attitude, they're just as bad as any other side, they just play better football

Good second half.. Referee was more lax in the 2nd and let it run more IMO - he was blowing up for everything in the 1st half and there was no flow... Madrid actually created better chances when they were 10 men down (obviously down to being 1-0 down and chasing the game, but also because they went more direct and Alonso played some brilliant "quarterback" passes)

HA! That's ridiculous - because they play good football, they should be allowed to break the rules to try and sign players?

Also - You REALLY think Barca don't do the same? Something like 15 of their Academy A and B sides are non-EU.. they tried to sign Benik Afobe and Chuks Aneke through approaching their agents last year as well.. They do EXACTLY the same thing.

Also as I said, that isn't the only reason I hate Barca.

How do they break the rules? They say what players they are intrested in and their papers print it, im afraid its just the way they do things and it works so why would they change it? Insted of our media who just link any old name with any old club and get hugely off the mark most of the time.

If i was an Arsenal fan (thank heavens im not) and this was going on i.e sign a young Barca player for peanuts and years later sell him back too them for 20mill+ then i would see it as a good business model.

I hate Barca proberly as much as you do and dont go along with the hype unlike most people do but what they are doing is not wrong its just very effective.

Seriously? THE El Classico? :facepalm:

"El" = The in Spanish surprisingly enough.

Sorry for not knowing spanish and not being born in spain nor living in spain.

By the way, if you listen to your (english) commentators, 80% of them say "the el classico"
---------------

Ontopic:

Did anyone see the situation were busquets got hit in the shoulder while being outjumped and grabbed his face as if he got hit in the face?

What i have been saying for ages, not once did i jump on the Barca bandwaggon and rightfully so.

What i have been saying for ages, not once did i jump on the Barca bandwaggon and rightfully so.

but apparently when one has this viewpoint, you get accused of "being jealous"

Joss expect more of the direct play in the next few games against barca

How do they break the rules? They say what players they are intrested in and their papers print it, im afraid its just the way they do things and it works so why would they change it? Insted of our media who just link any old name with any old club and get hugely off the mark most of the time.

If i was an Arsenal fan (thank heavens im not) and this was going on i.e sign a young Barca player for peanuts and years later sell him back too them for 20mill+ then i would see it as a good business model.

I hate Barca proberly as much as you do and dont go along with the hype unlike most people do but what they are doing is not wrong its just very effective.

Hahaha - of course they break the rules.. they're not allowed to tap up players but they do. All. The. Time. But I'm not getting drawn into this because I'll just end up getting banned...

I'm out.

Unless of course - someone wants to discuss the game and not Barca's cuntishness =)

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Is it just me, or is Di Maria vastly overrated?