Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Real Madrid

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid Lowe is pretty much the only writer anywhere that I never seem to have a problem with.

Williams just jumps on bandwagons & seems to hate Arsenal =P

Williams is a "little englander" thats why. Mention Capello or Wenger and he practically foams at the mouth

Not sure where Madrid can go from here though

Williams is a "little englander" thats why. Mention Capello or Wenger and he practically foams at the mouth

Not sure where Madrid can go from here though

They need an early goal but Mourinho literally said the tie is over:

"It's mission impossible. they have to reach the final and they will. Thats it. Perhaps they could win on merit.

"This match was bound for a nil-nil result. Why did he do this? He won't answer because now he is going home.

"Last year was a miracle but this year absolutely nothing. Why don't they let other teams play against them?

"Yes we are out. We will go [to the Nou Camp] with all the pride and respect for our world.

"Sometimes I feel disgusted living in this world and earning my living in this world. We have to do it with pride. Without Pepe. Without Ramos. Without the coach.

"The result is practically impossible to revert. If we score in Barcelona they will kill us again. There is no chance for us."

Real Madrid Barcelona Champons League Furious Jose Mourinho blasts Barcelona conspiracy - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

If RM sack him, they're crazy. On the other hand, it could work out in his favour... If SAF wins the League and CL this season, I imagine he'll retire on a high having achieved #19 and winning in Europe AGAIN. Would seem about right with Giggs & Scholes and VDS probably also retiring...

Of course if he retires, you know who's going to be first on the phone for David Gill & co.

To Mike that is your interpretation maybe Ade would've played well, i beleive possiably that should have been the ploy but still can't beleive that dousch Stark was given the duties for the game...was autrocius to scared of big stage

They need an early goal but Mourinho literally said the tie is over:

"It's mission impossible. they have to reach the final and they will. Thats it. Perhaps they could win on merit.

"This match was bound for a nil-nil result. Why did he do this? He won't answer because now he is going home.

"Last year was a miracle but this year absolutely nothing. Why don't they let other teams play against them?

"Yes we are out. We will go [to the Nou Camp] with all the pride and respect for our world.

"Sometimes I feel disgusted living in this world and earning my living in this world. We have to do it with pride. Without Pepe. Without Ramos. Without the coach.

"The result is practically impossible to revert. If we score in Barcelona they will kill us again. There is no chance for us."

Real Madrid Barcelona Champons League Furious Jose Mourinho blasts Barcelona conspiracy - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

If RM sack him, they're crazy. On the other hand, it could work out in his favour... If SAF wins the League and CL this season, I imagine he'll retire on a high having achieved #19 and winning in Europe AGAIN. Would seem about right with Giggs & Scholes and VDS probably also retiring...

Of course if he retires, you know who's going to be first on the phone for David Gill & co.

Oh god dont remind me... but hes unlikely to retire, he doesnt like the idea of having nothing to do, he'll only stop when his health says so, especially while he is in the process of rebuilding yet another team

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

To Mike that is your interpretation maybe Ade would've played well, i beleive possiably that should have been the ploy but still can't beleive that dousch Stark was given the duties for the game...was autrocius to scared of big stage

the fact that he came on at half time showed that Jose made bit of a mistake having Ronaldo lead the line to reduce pressure, Adebayor is better at holding it up, Ronaldo is much better at direct running

Oh god dont remind me... but hes unlikely to retire, he doesnt like the idea of having nothing to do, he'll only stop when his health says so, especially while he is in the process of rebuilding yet another team

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

the fact that he came on at half time showed that Jose made bit of a mistake having Ronaldo lead the line to reduce pressure, Adebayor is better at holding it up, Ronaldo is much better at direct running

Hehe - surely that's the point, though? If he's starting to build another side - he's never going to be able to complete it before he retires so he can hand over to someone else, confident of the base they can work with (Although Mourinho isn't likely to develop young talent!) and he'll want to go out on a high, surely?

Hehe - surely that's the point, though? If he's starting to build another side - he's never going to be able to complete it before he retires so he can hand over to someone else, confident of the base they can work with (Although Mourinho isn't likely to develop young talent!) and he'll want to go out on a high, surely?

Not this season though, too many signings to be made, but we digress...

Wonder how Jose will set out next game, perhaps 4-2-3-1?

Not this season though, too many signings to be made, but we digress...

Wonder how Jose will set out next game, perhaps 4-2-3-1?

Wasn't that the idea last night (more of a 4-3-3 w Pepe I guess)

I think he has to. Ronaldo behind Adebayor, Ozil right, Di Maria left - pin back Dani Alves and have Ozil cutting in while Adebayor will drift into channels and hold up the ball and Ronaldo will harry Busquets.

So I just read about 12 pages how great Real Madrid were yesterday and how pathetic Barcelona were. How Barca "cheated" to win the match etc etc...I understand that everyone has his own opinion but lol...before Pepe was sent off I remember the posession stats 71% for Barca and 29% for Real. Yeah, Barca is that "pathetic"...
Frankly said, Jose is a great coach but what he did yesterday(and what he does often in big matches) was to kill the game with his defensive counterattacking football. On top of that he obviously instructs his players to tackle mean(I got under impression that Real Madrid players didn't miss a single chance to kick and harass an enemy player whenever they find a suitable moment - whenever the referee isn't watching them or so) and hard. He does this with Real Madrid, he did it with Inter, he did it with Chelsea...That kind of playstyle is making the game nervous and full of fouls, a kind of game noone enjoys watching.
Dani Alves did maybe overplayed in order to get the red card for Pepe, but wtf - Pepe's tackle was horrible, with the buttons in front, it seemed he really wanted to injure Dani Alves. That kind of challenges deserve red card, what else do you expect? Or red cards should be given only and only if someone's leg is broken?! How come always Jose Mourinho complains about referees(he did this in Chelsea too, I remember clearly) and how his team is cut by them? What does he expect - to let his players injure enemies and sneak with yellow cards only just because "it is not cool to show red cards in an important game"?
Josep Guardiola knew that Real Madrid will play that way and came up with a plan: play patiently and accumulate as many yellow cards(and red if possible) for their players. He succeeded. You could call that cheating but aren't those mean, hard and harassing tackles also cheating? Blame Mourinho for the ugly football we were watching for about an hour.
At least we saw 2 nice goals(especially the second one) and the 90 min in front of the TV weren't completely wasted.

Last edited:
Yes but RM is basicly already out of the Champions League.

I don't understand that they are 2 goals behing in the champions league final liverpool came from 2 goals down to win in 45 minutes anything can happen

I don't understand that they are 2 goals behing in the champions league final liverpool came from 2 goals down to win in 45 minutes anything can happen

Yes but we won't have Ramos and Pepe and we'e going to be playing away.

I don't understand why the majority in this thread are having a go at Barcelona but, think what Madrid did was perfectly alright? (There's only a few, Mike and a few others, who don't seem to have a biased view on this). I suppose it has something to do with what I said earlier, and everyone loves to hate a winning side. See Manchester United.

I think Jose was always going to launch some rant after the game, regardless of result. He deserves to be punished imo, it's his own fault that he's not "favoured". If he didn't hit out at referee's so much he might get some 'luck'. Really dislike the guy at times, love his arrogance sometimes and then other times he just takes it too far.

Interesting stat I saw earlier though was that Barcelona commited more fouls than Madrid (18-15 I think?) with 3 Madrid players Yellow Carded, 2 Barca and both teams had a man sent off. Seems pretty fair and balanced imo.

Dani Alves did maybe overplayed in order to get the red card for Pepe, but wtf - Pepe's tackle was horrible, with the buttons in front, it seemed he really wanted to injure Dani Alves. That kind of challenges deserve red card, what else do you expect? Or red cards should be given only and only if someone's leg is broken?! How come always Jose Mourinho complains about referees(he did this in Chelsea too, I remember clearly) and how his team is cut by them? What does he expect - to let his players injure enemies and sneak with yellow cards only just because "it is not cool to show red cards in an important game"?
Josep Guardiola knew that Real Madrid will play that way and came up with a plan: play patiently and accumulate as many yellow cards(and red if possible) for their players. He succeeded. You could call that cheating but aren't those mean, hard and harassing tackles also cheating? Blame Mourinho for the ugly football we were watching for about an hour.
At least we saw 2 nice goals(especially the second one) and the 90 min in front of the TV weren't completely wasted.

Playing aggressively and tackling hard is just a part of the game. You see crunching tackles week in week out in the prem and to be very honest, pepe's tackle was nothing compared to it, I don't think he would have been sent off if it weren't for the Barca players surrounding the ref like mad.
But cheating and playacting, it's just disgraceful and an immoral thing to do. Only losers do that. And it's hard to accept when Barca, a team which plays good football, have to result in these kind of tactics. You never see Barca lose possession by getting outmuscled by someone, they just fall to the ground upon minimal contact. Everyone knows Alves, Busquets are notorious playactors, but yet the refs fall for that every time.
As much as poor tackles and aggressive play gets punished, playacting most certainly should be matched with a hefty ban and fine as well.

I have to say, do a lot of people think Pepe's challenge was alright because they're English, and we English are brought up to think that the physical side of the game is superior and that there should be a bone-crunching tackle every game? (Yes Mike, I'm stereotyping I know).

It was a reckless challenge and he was always in danger of getting sent off. He didn't even need to make the challenge. It was stupid, just as Ramos' body check on Messi was as it rules him out of the next leg.

Heard rumours today that senior officials at Madrid aren't too happy with Mourinho atm (Di Stefano last week questioned his tactics in the first El Clasico). Many see his tactics as an admission that Barcelona are superior and that they can't be outplayed. Won't go down well with the board.

"MESSI DOES NOTHING FOR 70 MINUTES SHOCKER"

To be honest, when you get man-marked for 70 minutes, whether you're the best player in the world or not; it is exceptionally difficult to do anything, if you've ever been continously man-marked you'd know that. Credit to Mourinho for that though, he got that spot on and before his dubious red card, Pepe was magnificent. But in those 70 minutes, Messi still looked twice as likely to do anything than Ronaldo.

Thought Ronaldo as actually decent from what I saw tonight. Chased the ball well and had a couple of good efforts from range.. In a game where his team parked the bus and didn't offer him much service he did what he could.

I completely disagree with this, I thought Ronaldo did nothing; he didn't close down as much as you are suggesting and for the majority he just walked around and occasionally moaning at his teammates as they were doing nothing? Whereas Ronaldo wasn't exactly doing much to show he was doing something either. They didn't play with an out and out striker, but they still had Xabi Alonso, Di Maria & Ozil who were more than capable of providing service to him; I think I remember him having one decent shot in which Ozil should've scored the rebound, but he had 3 free kicks yesterday which were in brilliant crossing positions and he just cannoned them against the wall.

What were you saying after the CdR final? When Ronaldo won it for RM and Messi didn't really do anything? Probably what most of the media were saying/doing - going gaga over Messi running past a couple of players and then getting knocked the **** out by Pepe and ignoring Ronaldo's goal.

No actually, whilst I admit Messi did nothing that game, aside from his goal what did Ronaldo offer? Yes it was a brilliant header and as I've said, I admit Messi didn't do a lot but again, a lot of credit has to go to Mourinho & Pepe for that. He got it spot on. But Ronaldo didn't exactly set the CdR final alight now, did he?

Messi > Ronaldo - not by as much as you're suggesting IMHO.

Messi > Ronaldo.

Playing aggressively and tackling hard is just a part of the game. You see crunching tackles week in week out in the prem and to be very honest, pepe's tackle was nothing compared to it, I don't think he would have been sent off if it weren't for the Barca players surrounding the ref like mad.
But cheating and playacting, it's just disgraceful and an immoral thing to do. Only losers do that. And it's hard to accept when Barca, a team which plays good football, have to result in these kind of tactics. You never see Barca lose possession by getting outmuscled by someone, they just fall to the ground upon minimal contact. Everyone knows Alves, Busquets are notorious playactors, but yet the refs fall for that every time.
As much as poor tackles and aggressive play gets punished, playacting most certainly should be matched with a hefty ban and fine as well.

If you want to see some serious acting and diving go to youtube and watch the penalty for Real Madrid at the Bernabeu stadium for the Spanish league match :) Absolutely no contact but Marcelo's acting skills...

You are right though, playacting is not cool. But what is also not cool is Arbeloa'***** against Pedro(I think) without ball and many other provocations. The match was full of it - from both sides. But that is Mourinho's style - he wanted a nervous match(4 defenders + 3 defensive midfielders in the starting team?!) and he got it.

Last edited:
All I can say is that although there are some divers in the Premier League, I'm just so glad that not every game is filled with this surrounding the referee bullshit and rolling across the floor time and again.

A pity that Madrid seem to be out of it (Some would disagree, and I hope you're right, but I believe it to be all but over), but Barca are very capable of stopping Manchester United (Most likely) in the final, though it's not as easy as I thought it would be saying I want Barcelona to win after witnessing the scum that is Busquets and Dani Alves multiple times flop about like *******.

I have to say, do a lot of people think Pepe's challenge was alright because they're English, and we English are brought up to think that the physical side of the game is superior and that there should be a bone-crunching tackle every game? (Yes Mike, I'm stereotyping I know).

It was a reckless challenge and he was always in danger of getting sent off. He didn't even need to make the challenge. It was stupid, just as Ramos' body check on Messi was as it rules him out of the next leg.

Heard rumours today that senior officials at Madrid aren't too happy with Mourinho atm (Di Stefano last week questioned his tactics in the first El Clasico). Many see his tactics as an admission that Barcelona are superior and that they can't be outplayed. Won't go down well with the board.
pepetq.jpg

Barca and both teams had a man sent off. Seems pretty fair and balanced imo.

Lol, Barca had a sub sent off. Hardly a match changing decision. Pepe was wrongly sent off and it was there for all to see how it affected the result..

Adebayor:
"For me in a few days I have played three games against Barcelona, and each time we have to play with 10 [men]. That's something I cannot believe and today maybe Pepe committed a foul but I don't think it was a red card and it was difficult for the team,”

"But our belief is still high and we just have to believe that we can do it there [at Camp Nou]."

"Football is a game of men," "Whenever you play against Barcelona, whenever you touch them, they are on the floor crying like a baby. Whenever you make contact in a 50-50 they are on the floor, crying, putting their hand over their face, and their manager, their fans, they are always crying."

"Barcelona are a fantastic club, don't get me wrong, but they have to stop a little bit of that."

"We are here to play football but whenever we go 50-50 they are always on the floor crying."

Last edited:
To be honest, when you get man-marked for 70 minutes, whether you're the best player in the world or not; it is exceptionally difficult to do anything, if you've ever been continously man-marked you'd know that. Credit to Mourinho for that though, he got that spot on and before his dubious red card, Pepe was magnificent. But in those 70 minutes, Messi still looked twice as likely to do anything than Ronaldo.

What do you expect Ronaldo to do when Mourinho plays such defensive football? You could see Ronaldo trying to get Mourinho trying to change the tactics to something that would suit him. Ronaldo can't save Madrid all the time.

If you want to see some serious acting and diving go to youtube and watch the penalty for Real Madrid at the Bernabeu stadium for the Spanish league match :) Absolutely no contact but Marcelo's acting skills...

You are right though, playacting is not cool. But what is also not cool is Arbeloa'***** against Pedro(I think) without ball and many other provocations. The match was full of it - from both sides. But that is Mourinho's style - he wanted a nervous match(4 defenders + 3 defensive midfielders in the starting team?!) and he got it.

Yes, that pen was dubious and most certainly seemed to look like a dive, but diving for a pen compared to playacting to get the player sent off is nothing. It's hard to say in words, but acting to con a ref is a lot more disgraceful, clutching your knee and holding your face dramatically as if being shot is totally unacceptable when an ankle or tackle comes in just a bit higher or harder than usual, with players seizing the opportunity to do things like these.

Both teams played dirty and Mourinho's negative play isn't very likeable, but Barca really was a lot dirtier than Madrid. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a biased and blind anti-barca fan, I respect their style and some of the few honest players, eg. Messi, Puyol., however the trio: Busquets, Pedro, Alves, I can never respect them because they have ruined the game and they're making ppl hate them.
I'd rather Barca won convincingly and deservingly, rather than use cheap tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.