Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we were beaten by a far superior side that has probably 10 players that are better than the 10 in our starting 11, we can't be too ashamed with that. What SAF should do is look to get the 3 best players for the positions needed.

Another question, lets assume we get Sniejder, Neur and Alexis Sanchez, would we win a series of ten against Barca the next season or the season after that( if you want the team to gel).
Neuer is going to Bayern, Sneijder said he is staying for the time being I believe. Sanchez = £30m +

Its a nice achievement to get to final but IMO it counts for **** if u don't win it,i would throw those silver medals away.Well done Barcelona.

I would disagree. Getting to the final is massive, in any competition. They had to beat Chelsea on the way and outplayed them, then went on to absolutly batter Schalke in the Semi's. No team in the world would of beat Barca today, and Man United should be proud they got to the final, give it their best shot but Barca just overpowered them. Its not all about winning and one day you will realise that.

VDS is a different palyer to Valdes, I rarely see VDS rushing out like Valdes which is very important for Barcelona.

He is excellent with both his feet, loves to start attacks and technically sound. He might not be as aggressive as Valdes when it comes to charging out of the box, but his positioning and decision more than makes up for it.

He's retiring after this game anyway, so it's a moot point.

good game, Barca easily deserved the win. Personally didn't think that VDS was at error for goal, ball had loads of spin on it and it bounced just in front of him, pretty tough to save tbh. Despite how much the commentators banged on about how it was a mistake

I wonder if Xavi will have a manager career like Guardiola. I can see him coaching Barcelona "B" after he ends his career.

Err Milan in 1988-1989, 1989-1990?

Real Madrid the first five years?

Or you mean the first team to do 2 in a row in this century?

That wasn't the UEFA Champions League.

Last edited:
I would disagree. Getting to the final is massive, in any competition. They had to beat Chelsea on the way and outplayed them, then went on to absolutly batter Schalke in the Semi's. No team in the world would of beat Barca today, and Man United should be proud they got to the final, give it their best shot but Barca just overpowered them. Its not all about winning and one day you will realise that.
Im just angry...well yeah we were good...but i just hate being second best.......well at least 19th is there,looking forward to grabbing 20th :(

Err Milan in 1988-1989, 1989-1990?

Real Madrid the first five years?

Or you mean the first team to do 2 in a row in this century?

He means the Modern Day champions league, I think it started the new revamp in 1993

I wonder if Xavi will have a manager career like Guardiola. I can see him coaching Barcelona "B" after he ends his career.

**** take over from Ferguson, Take United to the final to face Barcelona with Pep still in charge. Man Utd wins and all will be well.

"I want to say, I know that Liverpool supporters are a little bit maybe, after my exit, they were a little bit sad with me but this is for them aswell."
Mascha <333

Peter Schmeichel says Van Der Sar had no way of saving Messi's shot. Any other pundit should just shut up.

van der Sar was very close to save that shot, and I dare to say even Villa's shot... I don't think there is a goalkeeper which would have saved both shots, or one of them...

Abidal lifting the trophy was wonderful and that makes me question why didn't Vidic and VDS lift the Prem trophy together.

I read that a certain female who had an alleged affair with a certain legend was issued death threats by some fans. If this is true then people should be ashamed of themselves, issuing death threats to a woman over an affair.

Last edited:
i see some liverpool fans where in barca end tonight
bilderl.jpg

Really enjoyable game to be fair. Barca were totally unplayable. Deserved winners!

Messi is out of this world......

Peter Schmeichel says Van Der Sar had no way of saving Messi's shot. Any other pundit should just shut up.

exactly, messi took is so early. for him to have saved it, means he would actually had to be in a poor position initially

Status
Not open for further replies.