Barcelona vs Manchester United - May 28th, 19:45

Who Will Win The UEFA Champions League Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chin up Man utd, you lost against the best team in the world, deserved win for Barcelona, end of story. Altough they have alot of diving factors, they are the best and deserved to win.

exactly, messi took is so early. for him to have saved it, means he would actually had to be in a poor position initially

I am of the Opinion VDS should of saved it, but Vidic didnt close down and blinded him slightly, I feel Vidic was a bit slow here, but take nothing away he was brilliant most the night, along with Rio.

3-1 for Barcelona to lose in a final is never good odds. Messi was brilliant, thought Pique and Alves were great too. Can't remember Pique being beaten to a header. Utd shouldn't feel too bad though, no team could have beaten them tonight. Thought the ref was pretty good, late in the game it seemed like the minor decisions went Barca's way but nothing too serious, Valencia should've been carded earlier too.

Chin up Man utd, you lost against the best team in the world, deserved win for Barcelona, end of story. Altough they have alot of diving factors, they are the best and deserved to win.

i thought they were pretty clean with their antics tonight. it came solely down to the football and they were better right across the board.

When a team plays with such belief and fluidity, and pass perfectly, you do not win. Barca outplayed United for the majority of the game, and deserved to win.

I am of the Opinion VDS should of saved it, but Vidic didnt close down and blinded him slightly, I feel Vidic was a bit slow here, but take nothing away he was brilliant most the night, along with Rio.
yeah Vidic was slightly slow, but the earliness of the shot caught VDS out, snapped it out. nothing doing about the third though, stunning.

just goes to show though, the smallest error, and they will hurt you

yeah Vidic was slightly slow, but the earliness of the shot caught VDS out, snapped it out. nothing doing about the third though, stunning.

how much do you think they will last? i mean this barca side at this level,i think maybe 2-3 seasons

Yeah the third goal was an amazing finish, but i am going to say again, Carrick could of avioded it, if he didnt give Nani and impossible ball to control, Real sucide pass, but take nothing away from Villas finish.

how much do you think they will last? i mean this barca side at this level,i think maybe 2-3 seasons

Longer. They have a fantastic way that as soon as a key player retires/leaves, another from the academy or another club lined up to replace them.

Stats according to BBC -

Possession - Barca - 68% ~ ~ ManUtd - 32%

On Target
- Barca - 13 ~ ~ ManUtd - 1

Off Target - Barca - 3 ~ ~ ManUtd - 2

Says it all.

Possession is 9/10 of the law, belief and shots are the other tenth.

I think so too...But I think if a couple of players from their first 11 get out due to injuries at the same time...maybe earlier..they hardly have any decent backup for most of their positions

Last edited:

they remind me of Saachi's Milan in many ways, maybe 2-3 seasons. I dont think Pep will even stay that long

I was hoping for a United win, left uni early but still missed most of the match, got home for the last 10 minutes.

On another subject, I have to congratulate United fans in the forum, I was expecting a lot of Barça slating like w/ Arsenal, but you've been very gracious in defeat.

Putting Berbatov out of the group. Playing with the 50-meter sprint champion - Hernandez and the horse racing champion - Carrick ... what you expect!? SAF is No longer a world class manager.. Sorry but.. this is the truth..

I was hoping for a United win, left uni early but still missed most of the match, got home for the last 10 minutes.

On another subject, I have to congratulate United fans in the forum, I was expecting a lot of Barça slating like w/ Arsenal, but you've been very gracious in defeat.

Well, they were beaten fair and square, so nothing to say against it.

Putting Berbatov out of the group. Playing with the 50-meter sprint champion - Hernandez and the horse racing champion - Carrick ... what you expect!? SAF is No longer a world class manager.. Sorry but.. this is the truth..

Oh really? Taking what I think is only a half decent side to the Champions League final and to win the Premiership doesn't seem like a baby task to me. And who are you to say what's the truth or not?

Last edited:

yes because all that suddenly makes him no longer world class

ridiculous...

Berbatov has clearly had a falling out with SAF, he wasnt even sat with the united players, Carrick actually had good game, and hernandez got no service.

I think tbh, We are all still just thinking WOW, I have over the last month, called Barca over hyped and beatable, even if there at there best. But tonight they showed me how wrong i was, United didnt play badly, just barca are too good.

Please, that was truly a terrible effort....

did you guys see how Mascherano dedicated the win to Liverpool? Talk about rubbing salt into a wound!

I'm waiting to find out if Dimi will leave the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.