Will my team score goals from through ball ? or most of the goals will be scored by crosses from CWBs?

Will my team score goals from through ball ? or most of the goals will be scored by crosses from CWBs?

The MR and ML were sending a few through balls in my save and the striker was tucking them in. I guess the assists are not jaundiced towards crosses in this tactic. Although that is not to say that cross assists are less.

0680f-646e8e64-948a-4eb4-bd9b-2b573f489847.png

Tff what was the need of changing tactics then m8 was it because the new tactic is better attacking or defensively or both or gives abit more balance

Mate, this tactic is better attacking and defensively than Gladiator and it's better by much, so go for Battlemaster without any thinking.

bump

Guys, I've updated the tactic to V2 and added a small tweak to the closing down settings DL/DR positions.

Also, I added "a cosmetic" tweak to the passing settings of MR position in order to remove any furhter confusions.

TFF any chance for Inside Forward (4-2-3-1) version ? :)

Last edited:
Will test this with burnley in BPL.predicted to finish bottom so be interesting to see where this goes

TFF any chance for Inside Forward (4-2-3-1) version ? :)

Mate, "Inside Forward" role that is available to AML/AMR positions greatly loses in efficiency to "Wide Midfielder" role that is available to ML/MR positions.

Guys from SI coded these roles to be like that and we can't blame them for that :) because no one promised us that all roles should be equally efficient so there always will be more efficient roles and less efficient roles in FM.

If we compare "Inside Forward” and “Wide Midfielder” roles then we'll get this:

Inside Forward (Support ) : Defense = AVARAGE; Attack = POOR

Inside Forward (Attack) : Defense = POOR ; Attack = GREAT

Wide Midfielder (Attack) : Defense = GREAT ; Attack = GREAT

Wide Midfielder (Support ) : Defense = GREAT ; Attack = POOR

So at wide positions in this tactic I want to have "Attack" duties so it’s obvious that I go for Wide Midfielder (Attack) because it's "Great" at the Attack and the same time it's "Great" at the Defense.

If we go for Inside Forward (Attack) instead Wide Midfielders (Attack) and in this case the attack will be the same efficient but the defense will be just awful.

If we go for Inside Forward (Support ) instead Wide Midfielders (Attack) then we decrease the attack and the defense.

hey tff, thanks for this wonderful tactic :D. mate would you use pogba and kross in the midfield or would be better to use pogba and ruben neves?

Just one small question - does this close in a few days like Bloodlust? liked the looks of that formation and this too, I just hope it stays like that, instead of changeing positions and roles too often, it can make manageing smaller clubs a bit of a pain in the rear side :) Used quite a few of TFFs creations this year, when they fitted the players in the club i choose to play with.

So at wide positions in this tactic I want to have "Attack" duties so it’s obvious that I go for Wide Midfielder (Attack) because it's "Great" at the Attack and the same time it's "Great" at the Defense.

If we go for Inside Forward (Attack) instead Wide Midfielders (Attack) and in this case the attack will be the same efficient but the defense will be just awful.

If we go for Inside Forward (Support ) instead Wide Midfielders (Attack) then we decrease the attack and the defense.

Hehh thx :) Very good comparison :) but i think for Inside Forward (Support) attack is Average not Poor :p hehe

Last edited:
hey tff, thanks for this wonderful tactic :D. mate would you use pogba and kross in the midfield or would be better to use pogba and ruben neves?

Mate, I would train Pogba to play AMC or ML or MR position he'll do great as Shadow Striker or Wide Midfielder from both sides.

Mate, "Inside Forward" role that is available to AML/AMR positions greatly loses in efficiency to "Wide Midfielder" role that is available to ML/MR positions.

Guys from SI coded these roles to be like that and we can't blame them for that :) because no one promised us that all roles should be equally efficient so there always will be more efficient roles and less efficient roles in FM.

Since we are comparing roles, what are your thoughts on the AMC (attack) vs Shadow Striker? It looks to me like the AMC helps more on defense and build up than the SS, without losing any efficiency on the attack. I don't think the SS in FM16 works as it should (being the main goalscoring threat, as the description of the role says).

would you play pogba as amc if you had Barkley??

Mate, if you ask who is better Pogba or Barkley at AMC position then obviously Pogba is 10 times better than Barkley at AMC position and any other position even that by default Pogba has only "9" rating for AMC because for Pogba it would take just few months to get "20" rating for AMC position if you set him train AMC position.

In the latest patch there was a tweak which made training a new position is very easy so right now you can train players a new positions with easy.

Last edited:
Mate, if you ask who is better Pogba or Barkley at AMC position then obviously Pogba is 10 times better than Barkley at AMC position and any other position even that by default Pogba has only "9" rating for AMC because for Pogba it would take just few month to get "20" rating for AMC position if you set him train AMC position.

In the latest patch there was a tweak which made training a new position is very easy so right now you can train players a new positions with easy.
thank you could you put that info about the homegrown players to sign in certain positions that you put on gladiator post please