Hey , i was wondering why don't we train players as the role we play them?

Hey , i was wondering why don't we train players as the role we play them?

From my understanding of it, the roles are how the creator wants players to play movement wise, however there are probably attributes you'd want that the training for that role doesn't have.

Take WM for example, I may be wrong but, it doesn't focus on 'quickness' but you want your WMs to be quick, so you would select winger.

If I'm not mistaken, PIs can vastly change how a role plays too, so that would factor in as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks i have one more question . I have 2 players for amc . First player have 5 stars but when i select him , its down to 3 stars. And the second players have 3,5 stars , when i select him , he is fitting the role and take 3,5 stars. Who should i choose? Sorry for my bad english btw..

Since we are comparing roles, what are your thoughts on the AMC (attack) vs Shadow Striker? It looks to me like the AMC helps more on defense and build up than the SS, without losing any efficiency on the attack. I don't think the SS in FM16 works as it should (being the main goalscoring threat, as the description of the role says).

Any Role+Duty can be fully described using these parameters :

1) Off the ball movement without the ball during attacks.

2) With the ball behavior during attacks.

3) Behavior during defensive phase.

If we compare Shadow Striker (Attack) and Attacking Midfielder (Attack) then we'll get:

1) Their "Off the ball movement without the ball during attacks" is almost identical and I'd say Shadow Striker (Attack) is only about 10% more attacking than Attacking Midfielder (Attack) and you need to look really hard to see this 10% small difference.

2) Their "With the ball behavior during attacks" might be very different because Attacking Midfielder is a generic role and it can be configured to do whatever you want him to do and Shadow Striker has almost all his PIs is locked so you can't make him to do anything diferent.

3) Their "Behavior during defensive phase" is almost identical and I'd say that Attacking Midfielder (Attack) is only about 10% more defensive than Shadow Striker (Attack) and you need to look really hard to see this small difference.

Btw, when I say that "During attacking phase Shadow Striker without the ball is only about 10% more attacking than Attacking Midfielder (Attack)" then I mean that Shadow Striker' position is only about 10% of time might be higher in attack than Attacking Midfielder (Attack)" and in 90% of time their position is the same.

Last edited:
Thanks i have one more question . I have 2 players for amc . First player have 5 stars but when i select him , its down to 3 stars. And the second players have 3,5 stars , when i select him , he is fitting the role and take 3,5 stars. Who should i choose? Sorry for my bad english btw..

Star ratings are there purely as a guide, just ignore them to an extent, obviously don't be whacking a CB in AMC like but if I've got Barkley and Cleverly I pick from, if cleverly has a better star rating I wouldn't be selecting him because I know Barkley is better. Does that make sense? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

champions league last 16

View attachment 132617

wow didn't expect this result, already won league cup, ,5 points ahead in league,but I didn't expect to win this. One of the best tactics i used so far :)

Hi, I posted this in the gladiator thread before realizing it was closed, so I removed from there....

Guys, how can you get a tactic to become fluid with a national team? I'm the manager of Brazil, every "season" is resets as "awkward" even when no tactical changes was made. Seeing as how there are less than 10 games per year including friendlies, I'm really unsure about this. I outplay, outshoot, outeverything but keep getting FM'ed and I believe that is because of the tactic familiarity.

Early signs for my burnley side suggest more solid at the back but im struggling for goals.Tactic not yet fluid and early days so that combined with limited options up front(andre gray,sam vokes and lukas jutkiewicz)mean i may not get the most out of this tactic until i strengthen

Hi, I posted this in the gladiator thread before realizing it was closed, so I removed from there....

Guys, how can you get a tactic to become fluid with a national team? I'm the manager of Brazil, every "season" is resets as "awkward" even when no tactical changes was made. Seeing as how there are less than 10 games per year including friendlies, I'm really unsure about this. I outplay, outshoot, outeverything but keep getting FM'ed and I believe that is because of the tactic familiarity.

hey mate, maybe you can make more friendly game, i belive that you put the tactic in all the 3 slots

champions league quarter final

View attachment 132608

wow another great performance beat them 1st leg 2-0, was down to men as well so amc came off and put my only cb i reluctantly put on mertesacker who im be selling this summer may get Jonathan tah as a replacement

View attachment 1072755

wow another great performance beat them 1st leg 2-0, was down to men as well so amc came off and put my only cb i reluctantly put on mertesacker who im be selling this summer may get Jonathan tah as a replacement

you can also try john stones from everton, btw great win

Looks good. Haven't tried yet, but i will soon. Now I can really put Hazard AND Zivkovic to work. :D I also have Pogba (biggest signing ever in my 10 years FM history, money speaking...), who naturally got injured for 5 months after 7 games. He was the absolute best in those 7 games. Anyway, would it really be best to retrain him for AMC position? Or ML/MR? Or leave him on CM(S)? I know he can be good anywhere, the man could probably play as a LB no problems, but what would be the very maximum?

champions league semi final 1st leg

View attachment 132590
pogba stole the show bit of a wait now for the 2nf leg i get back to it when i get back from night shift
could be a barcelona vs arsenal final again