Beautiful 2-3-2-2-1 Magic Square Variant Tactic. (Possession/CCCs/Defence) Eye Candy!

Liam

Reaction score
Beautiful Magic Square by Ovro

VERSION 2
View attachment 404858 VERSION 2
VERSION 1 View attachment 404950 VERSION 1

Bug Fix:
Version 2; Added advanced forward for increased amount of goals from various positions, also ball playing defender, for increased retaining possession.

View attachment 404973
An unusual yet highly effective formation, perfect for possession. This formation really makes the ball do the work, and you'll often find your players still have 90% energy at half time and 75-80% at full time, this is due to the proximity between the players.

View attachment 404972
Here is the league table showing off how strong and effective this tactic is, I've done many test saves all with identical if not better results, it's just I re-installed windows recently and lost everything so had to re-install. 1 goal conceded is remarkable and it's mostly due to the fact my team is the best tackling team in the league, a I've been told in many press conferences.

View attachment 404969
View attachment 404967
View attachment 404956
Just a few games to show the stats, the Sunderland game is a fantastic example of games vs lower teams. The lower team has anything between 0 and 3 shots.

View attachment 404955
Here is a pass graph, because people love seeing these so much.

View attachment 404953
This is pretty much what every game is like, with that amount of passes being played.

How to use:

Match training:
Leave match training to your assistant.

Opposition instructions:
None unless you're facing Messi.

Team talks:
Standard.

Types of players:
-GK; should be good with the ball at his feet.
-WB; High stamina, good crossing, concentration and tackling.
-CB; Should have decent acceleration, tackling, marking, heading and anticipation.
-HB; Passing, marking, tackling, concentration, stamina
-MCL; Passing, tackling, creativity
-MCR; Passing, creativity, dribbling, technique
-AMCL; Passing, creativity, finishing, crossing, technique
-AMCR; Passing, creativity, finishing, dribbling, technique
-ST; Finishing, pace, acceleration, crossing, dribbling, technique, passing

I will add more information later when I have time, for now ask questions if you are unsure about anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
The formation certainly looks interesting. One goal conceded in 10 games while nearly averaging 3 a game isn't bad!

The formation certainly looks interesting. One goal conceded in 10 games while nearly averaging 3 a game isn't bad!

Oooh, Crane, you're still about. Yeah try it out, it's better than last years. ;)

Seems very interesting, played 1 game with it, tactic not even 25% fluid got 44 shots total, 24 on goal, 13 CCC's, 10 half-chances and won only 1-0 (STRANGE), will try it more and will let u know the results during the season.
By the way ball possesion was 72-28 for me :).
Very promising tactic

Seems very interesting, played 1 game with it, tactic not even 25% fluid got 44 shots total, 24 on goal, 13 CCC's, 10 half-chances and won only 1-0 (STRANGE), will try it more and will let u know the results during the season.
By the way ball possesion was 72-28 for me :).
Very promising tactic

With fluidity you should see more goals. How was your defence? In terms of shots against and corners against?

What is the distribution of goals by position?

ST, both CAM, LWB and RWB, they seem to score the most. But both CM's pop up with occasional goals. :)

With fluidity you should see more goals. How was your defence? In terms of shots against and corners against?

They had 0 shoots and no corners, lol, i totally dominated the game

Looks a very promising tactic! Will give it a shot and keep you updated

Just finished the 2nd game, same result 1-0 against, lots of shoots and CCC's, they only had 2 shoots outside of target

In your screenshot your attacker is AF but in the tactic that i downloaded the atacker is poacher, also defenders are not BPD they are normal defenders with a cover duty ??!!

In your screenshot your attacker is AF but in the tactic that i downloaded the atacker is poacher, also defenders are not BPD they are normal defenders with a cover duty ??!!

OH ****, haha. I must have uploaded version 1. Right, let me quickly upload version 2, hold on a second.

Will give this a go with a league 2 team ha see how it fairs probably terribly but im bored :)

VERSION 2 IS UP!

OH ****, haha. I must have uploaded version 1. Right, let me quickly upload version 2, hold on a second.

Lol, no problem buddy, is this version better than the 1st one

This tactic is amazing man!!!
3 win's a row with gladbach with a awful morale player's.
Against all I got 60%+ Possesion and they had no more than 2 shot's on target!

Not great in lower leagues but obvious because of the roles needed

Not great in lower leagues but obvious because of the roles needed

What might work is playing the two CAM's as attacking midfielders, one on support and one on attack. Then change the MCR to central midfield and the MCL to box-to-box. That should work a lot better for lower league.

Lol, no problem buddy, is this version better than the 1st one

Yeah, the advanced forward makes all kinds of different runs, sometime he even drops deeper, it allows others to make runs too. Really improves goal scoring opportunities, in my opinion.