Beautiful 2-3-2-2-1 Magic Square Variant Tactic. (Possession/CCCs/Defence) Eye Candy!

View attachment 404828

First game with the V2. Looks good and it isn't totally fluid. I guess it will be even better.
I'm going to change the match preparation, because I forgot to do it before the match. Will use Balanced - High and Att.Movement.

Has anyone tried this tactic with a lower league team?

Somebody tried it, apparently didn't go too well, I think it's because some of the roles are.. elaborate. If you do opt to try it, please post the results. For optimum lower-league success, I recommend changing the AMCR/AMCL to Attacking midfielders, one on support and one on attack. I'd also change the MCR to Central midfielder and the MCL to Ball winning. :)

But that's just me!

View attachment 533590

First game with the V2. Looks good and it isn't totally fluid. I guess it will be even better.
I'm going to change the match preparation, because I forgot to do it before the match. Will use Balanced - High and Att.Movement.

Make sure the CDM, is a tank who can pass. Anyone flimsy will just ruin the balance. I'll add that to the front page shortly. I use Aaron Ramsey, because he is tall enough to win headers, he has stamina, strength and he can tackle. But ideally you'd want to use Bender, or De Rossi.

Make sure the CDM, is a tank who can pass. Anyone flimsy will just ruin the balance. I'll add that to the front page shortly. I use Aaron Ramsey, because he is tall enough to win headers, he has stamina, strength and he can tackle. But ideally you'd want to use Bender, or De Rossi.

You're talking about the Half Back, right? I use Ambrosini.

I tried the tactic and it worked ok for me. Lots CCCs and domination against weaker teams at home and away. Only thing was I was conceding CCCs to stronger and equal teams as well. I think with a bit of tweaking, this could be a quality tactic

Try use training.
First 10 game's with this tactic I use TEAM COHESION very high and tactic only, all the way to the left and untick the "give rest before match".
after 10 game's I use balanced - average and def.position against big club's and att. mov against the small one.

The tactic needs tweaks, to work with middle and small teams. I'm testing it with Stuttgart. :))

Also playing with Arsenal.

Do you think Wanyama could be a decent HB? Don't want to overhaul the whole squad.

But I will give this a try.

Newcastle

Have tried this tactic for half a season with Newcastle and I can say the results football and goals have been amazing. If I knew how to take screen shots I would show you. Highly recommend this to everyone :D

Have tried this tactic for half a season with Newcastle and I can say the results football and goals have been amazing. If I knew how to take screen shots I would show you. Highly recommend this to everyone :D

On Mac press cmd + Shift + 3

On PC either press Fn + Printscreen or just print screen

On Mac press cmd + Shift + 3

On PC either press Fn + Printscreen or just print screen

I'll give this a go with my (until 1.4.3) unbeaten San Marino team. Although I might need to find some AMC's...

Taking screenshots

To take a screen shot of FM 2014 you can either:
Press ?Print Screen? and then paste the image into paint.
You can also use Alt + Printscreen and it will screen the window you are using (oir the window thats on top of everything else)
You can press Alt+F9 FM will automatically save a screenshot (in PNG format) in your Documents/Sports Interactive/Screenshots folder.
Taking screenshots

To take a screen shot of FM 2014 you can either:
Press ?Print Screen? and then paste the image into paint.
You can also use Alt + Printscreen and it will screen the window you are using (oir the window thats on top of everything else)
You can press Alt+F9 FM will automatically save a screenshot (in PNG format) in your Documents/Sports Interactive/Screenshots folder.
Uploading Screenshots
There is a number of different website you can use to upload images to! Here is a couple:
www.imageshack.us
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing
In my opinion the site listed are in order of popularity and ease of use.

Inserting images onto forum
To put your image on the forum to show other members the screenshot you can either:

Full Size image
Put the direct link inside . This will make the image full size:

Are use this http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-screenshots-tutorial.html

Last edited:
I tried this in a test save in FMC with atletico and had a bit of trouble with defense. Especially giving up second half goals. I still think that with a HB at DMC, the CD spread out wayyyyy too wide. I would get alot of wide open CCC's conceded because the CD would be too wide and the HB would be caught too flat-footed.

I also gave up an alarming number of corner goals.

But overall I enjoyed the way the tactic plays. I struggled against the bigger teams I played (lost 2-0 against Real Madrid, lost 3-1 against FC Bayern, lost 5-1 aggregate against Barcelona) but when I finished playing I was torn whether or not I would use this instead of my current tactic in my main save (torn in a good way for this tactic).

Last edited: