• Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United winger Bebe agrees a one-year loan switch to Turkish club Besiktas.

More...

He'll then sign for Besiktas for about £2m, United make a loss but no one mentions it under 'Fergies transfer flops'.

Besiktas are paying 1 Million as a loan fee and no fee has been agreed..

He'll then sign for Besiktas for about £2m, United make a loss but no one mentions it under 'Fergies transfer flops'.

What? Haters were already branding him as the biggest flop in footballing world the day he was signed by Man Utd. No one mentions him? Hardly anywhere near the truth.

He's young. He's playing his first year in a new country and new league. 7 first team appearances, 2 goals.
This is suddenly a flop?
Can't imagine what people will be saying about Torres.

He's young. He's playing his first year in a new country and new league. 7 first team appearances, 2 goals.
This is suddenly a flop?

Torres was young when he joined Liverpool, playing in a new country and new league. Played 33, scored 24. ;)

This is suddenly a flop?

First year in a new country, why's be being shipped off to a remote European country then?

What? Haters were already branding him as the biggest flop in footballing world the day he was signed by Man Utd. No one mentions him? Hardly anywhere near the truth.

In the media, I've heard nothing. If Rafa signed him, he'd be crucified.

This is suddenly a flop?

Yes.

6 goals in 13 reserves games, 2 goals in 7 first team appearances, as a winger. Flop? Well, there's tonnes of flops everywhere in the world then. Like a striker who cost 35m and only scored 2 goals in 8 appearances without needing to adapt to a new country? Or another striker who cost 50m and had only scored 1 goals in 14 appearances? Or another striker who cost nothing but has a huge signing on fee and wages who could only score 2 goals in 18 appearances? None of them are being mentioned as flops though.

Hold you horse there big boy.

No option to buy him has been agreed, SO he is leaving for first team football at the moment.

Fergies flops, People dont bring up Djemba-djemba then, Kleberson, Veron, Forlan, Oh they do, you choose to ignore this, and make a dig at Fergie.

Hold you horse there big boy.

No option to buy him has been agreed, SO he is leaving for first team football at the moment.

Fergies flops, People dont bring up Djemba-djemba then, Kleberson, Veron, Forlan, Oh they do, you choose to ignore this, and make a dig at Fergie.

But what's the point in sending him to Besiktas? Send him to an English club where he could actually get accustomed to the life/culture/football etc.. On loan to Besiktas seems rather pointless to me.

But what's the point in sending him to Besiktas? Send him to an English club where he could actually get accustomed to the life/culture/football etc.. On loan to Besiktas seems rather pointless to me.

Well maybe you should write to Fergie about his development..? I bet he love to hear the Alex Whitehouse plan to make bebe into a world star.

I personally feel he is too raw for the EPL, where he will be slaughtered, and with our media, permately under the spotlight as the man " Who cost Utd 7million." Why in Turkey the media is going to be a lot less in your face, whilst he will toughen up in the atmospheres of the ground, Playing EL football.

I doubt he will get any first team football... Simao and Quaresma are there...

This.

Also, Mame Biram Diouf, where's he? Didn't he cost a fair bit.

So that he can develop under less media pressure. With people like you around, every performance of Bebe will be magnified and will put even more pressure on the lad. You might think that the media isn't saying anything about Bebe, but trust me, everyone who watches EPL is automatically labeling Bebe as a flop whenever they saw him. Besiktas might not appears to be the best option, people over there in Turkey buys less into the media hype of a player. Quaresma is a good example.

Lets be honest here guys, he's been a flop. 7 games and 2 goals, but the goals were against Bursaspor (in a non-meaningful game) and vs Wolves in the CC where we needed a Hernandez last minute goal to save us. At £7M, that is nowhere near good enough.

However, he's still got lots of time to come good. This loan deal will give him a chance to get used to first team football, then next year (if this is a success) he'll go to an English club then United's squad.

Also, for whoever mentioned Torres as being young etc in his first season - he was already a world star when he joined Liverpool. Lets not be silly and compare Bebe to Torres.

This.

Also, Mame Biram Diouf, where's he? Didn't he cost a fair bit.

He was on loan at Blackburn last season.. and no. He cost about £3M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back