Beckham Out of the World Cup?

fmguy

Reaction score
I just heard that David Beckham could be out of the World Cup as he has apparently picked up a damaged achilles tendon according to Sky Sports News. He was taken off in AC Milan's game against Chievo and looked in pain.

I must say if it is as bad as it sounds I feel sorry for him because I think he would have made it on the plane to South Africa. Thoughts?

Just been on Motd. Doesn't look good but i don't think anything has been said about the injury officially.

Gutting for beckham. :S

sad news, is a great player and at his age can still do us a job. is a shame because next world cup i doubt he'll still be even playing

Yeah just saw it the Match of the Day aswell :(

Unlucky for him, probably the last world cup he could of played in :S

Was watching the Milan game :( Seedorf scored a screamer though :)

He's still a good player and somebody we could have relied on as an impact sub. Hopefully he still makes it.

Apparently it's a torn achilles tendon which would put him out for between 3-4 months.
If that's the case, he's definately out.

Well I wouldn't believe that, you can't 'break' a tendon.
So that is most probably false.

gutted. the one player of genuine class in the squad, will be sorely missed i think.

They've just said on Match of the Day that AC Milan manager Leonardo confirmed it was a torn achilles tendon, so he's ruled out of the world cup :(

Another blow for us!

to think we have a striker in awesome form and had a really decent squad to make a real challenge.

first choice left back will be without real match practice, 2nd left back refusing to be in squad.

captain changed, now most experience and i think impact player we had good old Becks is ruled out

not much more could happen to wreck out chances.

we don't have another right midfielder that can supply quality like he can, we have pace but no final ball.

we need some better luck from somewhere!

Oh dam really? I really thought he could make an impact in south Africa and it's such a shame he's out :'(.

I don't see it as too much of a blow for England tbh. He's got the dead balls, but that's really about it, and of course experience. Ashley Young can deliver a great ball into the box, and can take a great free kick. Plus he's got great pace and can play on both flanks. Just free's up his space for another talented English right winger. Mfaje, there could be worse stuff... Rooney could get injured/not go to the World Cup.

I really feel for David, he must be devastated that his last chance at a World Cup has been taken from him.

Well I wouldn't believe that, you can't 'break' a tendon.
So that is most probably false.

you can snap a tendon!

it is a tight elastic band like material that attaches the muscle to the bone. and actually if you experience one to snap its like a gun shot, you can hear it from quite a distance.

really bad injury!

Don't think it's that bad of a miss TBH.The only thing he's good for is his delivery,and we've got others who can do that

It's not just about his delivery tbh, it's also about his experience, nobody else in the squad holds the amount of experience he has in the world cup, and his experience could of came in handy in must win games.

Yeah, but if you snapped it - you would be out for 9 months minimum. However you can't 'break' it.
Anyway, it's been confirmed it was torn and not broken so it doesn't matter now.