Becks to the Future - A David Beckham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySams10

Reaction score
Becks to the Future - A David Beckham Story
(by Streaky25)

73649376_p72_45615b.jpg

Before I get the story underway, I wanted to explain the reasons why I have chosen David Beckham and what my aims will be for the save and how I plan on delivering the story line.
Now, some of you maybe thinking here is Streaky25 again with another story and yes you will be right, but after a couple successful stories and a few unsuccessful ones due to matters out of my control, I've been planning one final story on FM'13. And after reading TicTactition's story, H4ND OF GOD's story, messages with Raikan007 and a poll with a few other player options, I've finally decided to write a story on David Beckham, where I will take on the role of him.

I have chosen 'Becks' ahead of the others in the poll as he, in my opinion, is one of the greatest footballers in the world, that I've been lucky enough to see play in my lifetime and the picture above, of him scoring the free kick against Greece, sums up everything about the man, with his undying passion, will to win and succeed in any team he plays for. And it's those characteristics that make me believe that if he ever decided to get into management(which I know is unlikely in real life) he would become one of the greats. So with those thoughts in mind, I have decided to see if he can become one of the world's best managers on FM'13 and I will try and emulate and beat Sir Alex Ferguson's trophy record, someone who 'Becks' holds in very high regard.

I'm really hoping you will enjoy my last story and long term save and as always I look forward to as much feedback, views and comments that you would like to post.
:)
I have started the game with the latest official patch 13.3.3, with the MLS, English, French, German and Spanish leagues all loaded up and with Beckham's reputation set as International Footballer.

So here goes and I hope you enjoy the journey.....

so a nother new story its hard trying to keep up with you lol

so a nother new story its hard trying to keep up with you lol

I know mate, sorry. This will my last story on FM'13, but it's one I've been planning on doing for a while, just didn't know who to choose, but as you can see I've decided. Hope you will enjoy. :)

Appreciate your feedback and the time you spend following.

Thanks.

I know mate, sorry. This will my last story on FM'13, but it's one I've been planning on doing for a while, just didn't know who to choose, but as you can see I've decided. Hope you will enjoy. :)

Appreciate your feedback and the time you spend following.

Thanks.
ill be here you was robbed how the **** can you get the sack after a takeover i would be giving si **** if it was me that was so not fair

ill be here you was robbed how the **** can you get the sack after a takeover i would be giving si **** if it was me that was so not fair

I know mate, couldn't believe it. But guess sometimes it happens. Anyways, onwards and upwards from now on with Becks. :D

In my head it is always best basing your story on a character as your not tied to one club and can take twists and turns!!

images

BECKHAM ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT!

images

After a sensational playing career that has taken him from Manchester to Madrid, followed by a stint in America, along with a short stop in Milan before finally ending up in France, David Beckham has announced his retirement from professional football with immediate effect.

Sky Sports Reporter: " We can now go live to the David Beckham press conference, over
in Paris. Where we can join our Chief Sports Reporter Gary Cotterill. "

Gary Cotterill: " Thank you. Yes, as you can see David Beckham is just making his way into
the press room and I will shortly have the chance to ask him about his decision to retire. "

David Beckham's PA: " Good Afternoon everyone. David will now take your questions. "

Gary Cotterill: " Hi David, Gary Cotterill Sky Sports. What has made you decide to retire? "

David Beckham: " Hi Gary, Yes I know it's you - HaHa. Just lately I've been feeling that I can't perform to
the levels that I'm used to and with the legs taking a little longer to recover from training, I just feel
now is the time to maybe look for something different. "

Gary Cotterill: " So will your new adventure involve football? Or will you take some time out
and spend it with the family? "

David Beckham: " I always spend time with my family, as you know, my wife Victoria and the kids
mean everything to me. There's a few things I'm keen on doing, one is owning a football team back
out in the MLS, which is something I've always said I wanted to do. Of course I have my ambassador
role in China, that I have just started, so that will keep me busy for the time being. "

Gary Cotterill: " You've had a quite remarkable playing career. What would be your highlights? "

David Beckham: " There's been quite a few, but the ones that stick out are, winning the 6 Premier
League titles and winning the Champions League with United. Captaining England and scoring the free
kick against Greece, but there are many more alongside them. "

Gary Cotterill: " I'm sure there are others that our viewers remember too. So now is it back
to LA or are you staying here in Paris? "

David Beckham: " It's back home to LA, after I've said my farewells here. Then I'll sit down
with Victoria and decide what the next steps will be. "

David Beckham's PA: " That's all we have time for I'm afraid. Thank you for attending. "

Gary Cotterill: " Well, there you have it, the end of David Beckham's playing career and one that
I'm sure you all, like me, have enjoyed over the past 20 years, including the many ups and downs he has
experienced throughout his career. I'm Gary Cotterill and now back to the studio. "

Sky Sports Reporter: " Thank you Gary. So what now for David Beckham? We will have more
reaction after the break, to the breaking news that, David Beckham has retired from football.
We'll discuss this more, after this short break. "

Last edited:
In my head it is always best basing your story on a character as your not tied to one club and can take twists and turns!!

Exactly mate, after reading your story it gave me even more of a buzz to write a story along the same lines as yours, which I hope you don't mind. Becks is someone I have always liked, similar to like you and Raul I guess, and when you have that it makes you just want to write and write, and enjoy all the twists and turns.

Hope my story will be as good as yours and hope you will enjoy. :D

images

BECKHAM BUYS PORTLAND TIMBERS

images

Just weeks after announcing his retirement from professional football, David Beckham has bought MLS side Portland Timbers for a fee believed to be around 30 million pounds.

The former England star who had a five year spell with LA Galaxy, has always expressed a desire to buy a football team in America since arriving in 2007 and after recent talks with ex-chairman Merrit Paulson, Beckham has splashed the cash to take over the running of the Oregan based side and is clearly delighted with his new venture.

" Since coming to America it was always my dream to buy a football club and when Mr Paulson
approached me and said he was looking to step down due to family issues, I spoke it through with Victoria
and decided this was the opportunity I have been waiting for. I won't be changing anything at the
present time, as I feel the staff in place are doing a great job and I hope we can give the fans something
to cheer on our journey together. "

Portland Timbers are managed by former USA Under 23 coach Caleb Porter, they are currently sitting in 7th place in the Western Conference with 22 points from 17 played. Although halfway through the season, 'The Timbers' have 2 games in hand on the teams above them in the play off and automatic qualification places and with their next game against Beckham's old club, LA Galaxy, there is sure to be many twists and turns before the season closes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time they score don't they have a live lumberjack chainsawing abit of wood at the side? Brilliant if true.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time they score don't they have a live lumberjack chainsawing abit of wood at the side? Brilliant if true.

Yes mate, you are correct. Maybe it's a feature that could be added into a future game, lol. :)

Can see this becoming a really good story glad you picked beckham there's not many with a passion for the game like him :)

Can see this becoming a really good story glad you picked beckham there's not many with a passion for the game like him :)

Thanks mate, I hope it will. Yeah his passion for the game, along with mine too, made it a good choice for me to really get stuck in with this idea. :)

images

BECKHAM'S PORTLAND EARN DESERVED DRAW

images

(Mascot with his trademark celebration after Portland's equaliser)

Portland Timbers earned a deserved point tonight, as they hosted new owner David Beckham's former team LA Galaxy at the JELD-WEN Field stadium.

Beckham, who recently bought the Oregon outfit for a reported 30 million pounds, was introduced to the 15,000 strong crowd, who responded with wild scenes of excitement and joy. With their new owner sat in the directors area, the game finally got underway after the carnival scenes that Beckham brings everywhere he goes.

LA Galaxy started the brighter of the two teams and were unlucky not to be ahead in the 5th minute, when Robbie Keane found himself free in the area, but the former Tottenham striker fired straight at Donovan Ricketts in the Timbers goal. The visitors didn't have to wait long though to get the goal there impressive attacking play deserved. In the 27th minute, Sean Franklin was put clean through by a wonderful reverse pass by Keane and with Ricketts coming out to close the angle down, Franklin coolly slotted the ball under his body and into the back of the net to put The Galaxy in the lead at the Half time interval

Into the second half and Portland were first out the blocks and they had a good shout for a penalty, turned down by the referee, when the tricky Darlington Nagbe looked to have been brought down by the outstretched leg of Todd Dunivant, but much to the annoyance of Portland manager Caleb Porter and the majority of supporters the ref waved play on. That incident seemed to have injected extra life into the hosts and they continued to press forward in search of an equaliser. First Will Johnson went close when his long range effort cannoned off the bar and then Ryan Johnson picked up a loose ball just inside the area, but his left footed shot was well saved by Carlo Cudicini.

With time running out, Portland got the goal their second half response warranted and what a goal it was. Young midfielder Steven Evans, starting only his second game of the season, played a one two with Will Johnson and then broke into the penalty area after taking on the defender, then as Cudicini was rushing out, Evans delicately chipped the ball over the on-rushing keeper and into the empty net to send the crowd delirious.

After the final whistle, we managed to grab a few words with Portland Timber's new owner David Beckham, who was thrilled to see his side earn a deserved point.

" It was a very entertaining game and we definately deserved to draw the match. The crowd were
sensational throughout and I'd like to thank them for the welcome I received. I'm really pleased
for Caleb, with everything that has been going on behind the scenes with the takeover, he has stayed
focused and has done brilliantly keeping all the media hype away from the players. "

That Point now means Portland have moved up a place to 6th in the Western Conference and with two games still in hand, Beckham will be keen that Caleb Porter continues with the same determination and focus which will help propel them into playoff contention at the end of the current season.

Status
Not open for further replies.