Becks to the Future - A David Beckham Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story's really good , celta would be a great move I'd keep hold of the club you bought tho and maybe return at the end of your career and finish off their :)

Story's really good , celta would be a great move I'd keep hold of the club you bought tho and maybe return at the end of your career and finish off their :)

Thanks mate. Yeah have been thinking of that. :)

images

CELTA VIGO APPOINT BECKS

331264_1.jpg

(The Beckham's arriving in Spain)

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " Good Morning Viewers. Sky Sports News can confirm that David Beckham
has been appointed the new Manager of struggling La Liga side Celta Vigo on a one and a half year deal.
Our sources are also telling us that Beckham has stepped down as owner of Portland Timbers, but will
keep a 51% stake at the club, with the new chairman owning the remaining percentage.

Beckham, seen pictured here with his family arriving in Vigo, spoke to our Chief Football Correspondent
Bryan Swanson moments after landing in Spain.

BRYAN SWANSON: " David, What's it like being back in Spain? "

DAVID BECKHAM: " It's great, the family loved it here during our time in Madrid. But now it's a
new chapter and one I'm looking forward too. "

BRYAN SWANSON: " You always said that management was something you weren't keen on.
What made you change your mind? "

DAVID BECKHAM: " It wasn't, but after experiencing it in the MLS and being back amongst
the players out on the training field and in the dressing room, it brought back everything I loved
when I was a player. So after speaking it through with Victoria and the kids, I felt maybe it
was time to try my hand in management. "

BRYAN SWANSON: " So what has happened with Portland Timbers? "

DAVID BECKHAM: " I will still own the majority of the club, but a new chairman has been appointed,
meaning I will have the final say regarding any big issues, but in general the new owner will make the
majority of decisions, allowing me to focus fully on Celta. "

BRYAN SWANSON: " Finally David, you had the chance to return to England. Is that something
that would appeal to you at a later date? "

DAVID BECKHAM: " As you know Bryan, I said I wouldn't return to England as a player, unless
it was for one team. With management anything is possible, so if and when an approach is made and
it's at the right time and at a club that interests me, then I would consider it. But now I'm looking forward
to the challenge ahead and trying to keep Celta up. "

SKY SPORTS PRESENTER: " Thanks to Bryan Swanson there for that report from earlier
today with an exclusive interview with the new Manager of Celta Vigo, David Beckham.
After the break we will look back on Beckham's career, as he starts his new journey in football management
and also look ahead to his first game in charge in the New Year at home to Atletico Madrid. "

Last edited:
Nice easy first game to kick off your management with celta :)

Just caught up from the last few updates and I'm very much looking forward to the next few :)

images

BECKS UNITE-D

Prince+William+Prince+Harry+Meet+David+Beckham+fIVGDHVwCjwm.jpg

(Beckham and Cole pictured at a charity event)

New Celta Vigo boss David Beckham has already begun making big changes to his backroom staff, having only been appointed two days ago.

With no fewer than twelve staff of the previous regime being shown the door by Beckham, who after talks with them decided the non-playing staff needed a big shake up, he has brought in six new faces in the hope that a new fresh approach and ideas will help change the clubs recent fortunes.

Beckham's first appointment was former Chelsea Assistant Manager Ray Wilkins who will take on a similar role alongside Becks and will offer the experience head that will help during the current campaign.
The former Portland Timbers Head Coach then brought in three former Manchester United employees, with Tony Coton joining as Goalkeeper Coach, Arthur Albiston, who coached Beckham while he was at United, has been added to the coaching staff and Andrew Cole, who Beckham hopes will improve the goal shy strikers he has at the club.

Former Chelsea and West ham Manager Avram Grant was the shock name that was brought in and after long talks between Beckham and Grant, the latter was keen to help Beckham's development and joins Spanish legend Fernando Hierro, who has joined the cub as Director of Football, in completing a new look backroom team.

Just read it all from the start, top stuff man loving it.

Just read it all from the start, top stuff man loving it.

Cheers buddy, really pleased to hear you are enjoying it. Will try and get an update out later, as I'm away for the weekend, so won't be on FM until Sunday evening. :)

captura-de-pantalla-2011-05-04-a-las-15-03-20.png

JANUARY 2013

n_20120527225400_solo_un_punto_separa_al_celta_de_primera_division.jpg

(Celta fans in full voice)

LIGA BBVA
WEDNESDAY 2nd JANUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (3 - 1) AT. MADRID
Toni(3)

What a fantastic result in my opening game. The crowd were brilliant and the players reacted to
the positive atmosphere, to ensure a fine victory.

LIGA BBVA
SATURDAY 5th JANUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (1 - 1) VALLADOLID
Samuel

Not the result we were after against a team that is down with us at the foot of the table, but
despite only picking up a point, the players impressed again.

SPANISH CUP - QUARTER FINAL 1st LEG
WEDNESDAY 9th JANUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (2 - 1) LEVANTE
Danijel Pranjic, Toni

Two quick goals either side of half time gave us a nice, but slim lead going into the second
leg next week and with Levante having an away goal, we'll have to make sure we stick to our game
plan in the return match.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 13th JANUARY 2013
ESTADI DE CORNELLA

ESPANYOL (2 - 2) CELTA
Augusto Fernandez, Alex Lopes

I had mixed feelings at the end of this game, as before the game I would've been delighted with
a point, but after leading twice and throwing away three points, by conceding in the closing stages, I
was less than pleased at the final whistle.

SPANISH CUP - QUARTER FINAL 2nd LEG
WEDNESDAY 16th JANUARY 2013
CIUTAT DE VALENCIA

LEVANTE (2 - 3) CELTA
Celta win 5 - 3 on aggregate
Marek Suchy(2), Iago Aspas

Hats off to the players tonight, as they were tremendous and are now starting to show a great
understanding on the pitch. Marek Suchy, on loan from Spartak Moscow, grabbed two of the three goals
as we booked our place in the semi final.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 20th JANUARY 2013
LA ROSELADA

MALAGA (1 - 0) CELTA

A goal completely against the run of play succombed us to my first defeat since I took over,
but despite the loss, positives were taken from the ninety minutes.

SPANISH CUP - SEMI FINAL 1st LEG
WEDNESDAY 23rd JANUARY 2013
SAN MAMES

ATHLETIC (1 - 0) CELTA

Our second loss against the in form side in the league, but with only a goal deficit to over
turn in the second leg infront of our own fans, I'm confident we could push our opponents
all the way.

LIGA BBVA
SUNDAY 27th JANUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (3 - 2) REAL SOCIEDAD
Samuel, Danijel Pranjic, Iago Aspas(pen)

We took the spoils in this very entertaining game, but it will give the managers areas to work
on in training, as both sides failed to defend well. Again, we threw away a lead, but our
blushes were spared with an 85th minute penalty scored by Iago Aspas.
This win also moved us out the bottom three and up into 16th position in the league.

SPANISH CUP - SEMI FINAL 2nd LEG
WEDNESDAY 30th JANUARY 2013
BALAIDOS

CELTA (2 - 0) ATHLETIC
(Celta win 2 - 1 on aggregate)
Augusto Fernandez, Iago Aspas

Absolutely sensational this evening and with the crowd behind us, the players produced a
fantastic comeback to book their place in the final, where we will play Barcelona.
If Barcelona finish in the top three league positions at the end of the season, our appearance in the
cup final will ensure Europa League football for us next season.

View attachment 340221

Hi Followers, This will be the last update until Monday, as I'm away this weekend and won't get a chance to play any FM, booo.

Hope you are still enjoying the story and won't miss it too much, lol. :p

Next installment on Monday. Cheers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.