Benfica vs Manchester United

Getting hammered atm.. midfield has been horrible.

What a goal Ryan Giggs.. Take a bow son.

Benfica will be annoyed with that. we've been toothless so far and now we've even

great goal by giggs but still been dissapionting half especially the midfield to many stray passes!

So what's it been like then? Until now I've been forbidden from watching any football because of some crappy crime drama. Take it I missed another footballing masterclass lesson from Sir Ryan of Giggs?

Yeah, I agree. HT now and Benfica have been in full control of this game so far. Giggs hasn't looked very good, besides the goal of course, and Fletcher is abysmal as usual.

Luisão has been immense so far.

been some poor decision making in the midfield, certain players looking rusty, and leaving Rooney isolated. Wouldnt be surprised if Rooney ends up AMC with Berbatov up front. Need to play much better after the break

Definitely looks like a midfield that haven't played much football recently. We have to improve in the 2nd half and I'm sure SAF will let them know that. Rooney cannot play the lone role, it's just not his game. Never works well for England either

Benfica will be annoyed with that. we've been toothless so far and now we've even

Carrick Fletcher combination is a big fail. None of them can bring the ball forward like Anderson and also Giggs had poor game bar goal. This game just shows what Anderson Cleverley bring to the table.

Rooney as lone striker is a bad idea considering he was scoring for fun playing as #10. We played 4-4-2 at bridge last season. Dont know what was stopping SAF doing the same.

Definitely looks like a midfield that haven't played much football recently. We have to improve in the 2nd half and I'm sure SAF will let them know that. Rooney cannot play the lone role, it's just not his game. Never works well for England either

I'd trade Fletcher for Berbatov if he is still playing like that on 60 minutes

Yeah, I agree. HT now and Benfica have been in full control of this game so far. Giggs hasn't looked very good, besides the goal of course, and Fletcher is abysmal as usual.

Luisão has been immense so far.

Failed effort there.

GS is bang on, this always happens with Evra and Evans alongside each other.

Good god just seen rerun of Giggs goal. What an absolute pearler

Think Giggs and Park struggle to play together. Both are very, very similar. Would have Nani and Berbatov on for Fletcher and Park at some point in this second half.

A lot of people calling for Hernandez but he's not as effective unless opposition play a fairly high line and Benfica sitting deep so definitely more Berba's game this. Especially up against Luisao.