Benfica vs Manchester United

What a save by Lindegaard!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Hernandez and Nani getting ready to come on - My guess would be Park and Fletcher off.

EDIT: Hernandez/Nani on - Fletcher/Valencia off.

good 70 mins for valencia and fletcher after injuries. Sorry not in right thread but city have just gone behind to napoli ha ha come on united!

Last edited:
Phil Jones on for Fabio. 13 mins to go.

think when we are high in there half rooney needs to get in box with hernandez instead of bein on the edge of box.

Can't see anything but a draw here now.. Hernandez and Nani have done next to nothing since coming on. Through no fault of their own by the way, mainly because Benfica have been extremely good tonight.

Evans didn't start against WBA, Rooney has played basically every minute so far this season IIRC.

The stat says he has more minutes than all the others COMBINED, which we have established is incorrect.

This game he is. As usual? No. He is very good player, playing his first game for United after 6 months.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion. I, and many others, think he is generally a poor player. :)

good point i suppose still very dissapointing by united especially midfield and wide players! benfica were pretty solid all round hope we play better in next group games:(

Much improved performance in the second half. Good point gained in our toughest away game.. Lindegaard just showed why De Gea is not undisputed #1. Can see him playing lot of games this season, looked very confident.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Or how poor Carrick is/was tonight?

With dynamic player like Anderson Carrick looks much better. Easily our best CM our Ando.

What a difference between Carrick and Cleverley!!! Someone said a few weeks ago Cleverley always takes the ball out somehow,he's a good dribbler,but Carrick just ****'s himself and gives the ball away!

I actually don't think Carrick was that bad. I think the main difference between him and Cleverley is that Cleverley is better at getting the play forward. Man Utd's offense was generally pretty slow tonight, especially when you look at how it's been the other matches this season.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion. I, and many others, think he is generally a poor player. :)
And many others think he is a good player. Not that it matters much to tonight's performance, where he was poor. Happy with a point, disappointed with the performance, though we were better second half

This game was very... boring, I think both teams were happy with the draw, but if there was to be a winner it should be Benfica, I don't remember a game where a goalie has had so much ball, along with the CB's that slow tempo short passing was quite annoying, almost doze off. But anyway, it's not BAD... but it's not good either..

Boring game. Pretty disappointed with Evans for their goal, he really should've done better. The only positive for this game was Lindy's performance, while I do want De Gea to be our #1; I'd still like him to be challenged for that spot & Anders was certainly our best player tonight.

This is the **** we have to listen to:

Palmer: Giggs was never world class. Beckham is. Neither was Scholes. *Palm*

Let's be honest, the performance tonight was avarage, and the draw is happy for me. All thanks to Anders Lindegaard, solid performance today, proving de gea has to show himself or face the bench with performances like that from lindegaard.

Also, Carrick wasnt as bad as people was saying, just with fletcher makes him look bad, as them two are too rigid he goes forword and cant track due to no pace. With anderson, carrick is a tottaly different player, a decent one. But With cleverly and anderson on top form, then carrick with anderson, Fletcher has to prove himself, and frankly tonight he looked poor.

I hope 2 see 4-4-2 on sunday agasint chelsea, as that is ripping teams apart, and the whole facotr of 5 man midfield agasint chelsea is gone because without essien there midfield aint that strong which allows us to play 4-4-2 now istead of 4-5-1. With rooney behind hernandez, what could go wrong. UNITED!

This is the **** we have to listen to:

Palmer: Giggs was never world class. Beckham is. Neither was Scholes. *Palm*

Someone said that? ****** ****... Giggs is better than both of them. He's one of the best wingers EVER. Stupid, stupid man.